Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Best "50 trim" Ball Bearing Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
AMS manifold is actually the only one that I think looks good, the RNR is nice because its very symmetrical, but from the results they have shown it doesnt seem to be effective, the turbotrix, full race, and shearer seem to all be flat out function,
I actually think Shearer is the best looking next to AMS/F-R. Imagine that ceramic coated like the AMS ones!

Old May 21, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

I have a RNR 35R Turbo kit with equal length manifold and am very happy with it top notch quality. Only thing that I didn’t like about the kit is that it comes in pieces if you go with the external wastegate (not rerouting it to downpipe).

Last edited by RREvo; May 21, 2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old May 21, 2006, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

just to two in my twocents...

when pickin the kit u probaly wanna ask yourself a few other questions.. like are you going to plan to upgrade again to like a gt35r if soo the AMS kit might be the best suited kit... bc its the same manifold you'll just need to buy a new turbo that's it... pretty sure with Turbotrix kit you'll need a new manifold... the Shearer one might be the same ... probaly something you wannas ask.. but AMS has already stated that its just a turbo swap

i have been also asking the same question asked... and from what i can tell TT's kits seems to be number 1 in my choices right now.... more people have used it and have posted numbers on this forum then the other two in question (AMS and Sheraer) and they are all pretty damn solid numbers for pump gas imo... not only that with TurboTrix's i can still use my Injen intake system =P
Old May 21, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Quick off topic question could i put on a 50 trim turbo and drive it 90 miles to get my ecu reflashed? Would there be any problems with driving the car while being untuned for the new turbo/injectors?
Old May 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

its gonna run crappy most likely but as long as you dont floor it, you should be fine.
Old May 21, 2006, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Just keep out of boost, as long as your are driving like a granny the ecu operates in closed loop mode and tunes the a/f to target regardless.

Scorke
Old May 22, 2006, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

There are a few good kits out there that you can pick from that you'll be happy with. Decide on the criteria of what you want in your turbo kit and make an educated decision from there.

To answer some questions that were posted in here. Out of our 50trim kit you can expect an honest 430whp on straight pump gas and 500whp on race gas with proper supporting parts and some good tuneage. The kit is modular so if you ever decide to change the turbo for a 30r, 35r or BB 67mm it will basically just involve a turbo swap. And as always the manifold carries a lifetime warranty against cracking and defects. This also uses the somewhat recently released Garrett ball bearing 50 trim which has proven itself to be a much better piece than the Turbonetics units that have been on the market for some time.

And just a note, the pricing on our web site is not current. Thanks to the people hosting hte site I have lost the ability to update the page, I had a new designed and it should be ready to launch soon. I'll have to double check, but our 50trim kit is currently retailing for $4100. This is everything you need from header to downpipe, from oil lines to air filter.

And to help kick off our recent EVO M sponsorship we will be putting all of our t3 turbo kits on sale shortly. You can expect to see the 50 trim kit on sale for ~$3600.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Sean Ivey runs a GT35r Shearer Kit...he loves it and reccomends them highly....& at that special price $3600 it's a good deal.
Old May 22, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, we have been using the 50 trim turbo ever since we starting selling the kits 3 years ago. Plenty of them have made big power on pump. We have always loved it as a street turbo over the 30R in most cases.
Old May 22, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

I have to say we have probably sold more or as many EVO turbo kits as anyone else in the market. I will give this one more oportunity that I think we should do a EVO turbo kit shootout. We have done testing in the past and haven't found a better performing kit yet. I will give out one FREE turbo kit for this testing. If other vendors are interested we can make this happen at an idenpendent dyno facility anywhere in the country.
Old May 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
I have to say we have probably sold more or as many EVO turbo kits as anyone else in the market. I will give this one more oportunity that I think we should do a EVO turbo kit shootout. We have done testing in the past and haven't found a better performing kit yet. I will give out one FREE turbo kit for this testing. If other vendors are interested we can make this happen at an idenpendent dyno facility anywhere in the country.
I'd be happy to test that kit on my car

50 trim is the only turbo I've considered given I only want to run 93 pump
Old May 22, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Putting your ***** on the chopping block. I admire that.
Old May 22, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rcebowl
just to two in my twocents...

when pickin the kit u probaly wanna ask yourself a few other questions.. like are you going to plan to upgrade again to like a gt35r if soo the AMS kit might be the best suited kit... bc its the same manifold you'll just need to buy a new turbo that's it... pretty sure with Turbotrix kit you'll need a new manifold... the Shearer one might be the same ... probaly something you wannas ask.. but AMS has already stated that its just a turbo swap

i have been also asking the same question asked... and from what i can tell TT's kits seems to be number 1 in my choices right now.... more people have used it and have posted numbers on this forum then the other two in question (AMS and Sheraer) and they are all pretty damn solid numbers for pump gas imo... not only that with TurboTrix's i can still use my Injen intake system =P
You would not need a new manifold for any t3 based turbo. They are all basically the same dimensions besides of course the compressor housing. The TT manifold would work fine for any turbo

Also, I plan on driving my car nearly 6 hrs one way with a basemap after my 50 trim install, so yes it will be fine. Just don't rag the **** out of it and it will be fine.
Old May 25, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

but if u look at the placement it doesnt seem gt35r has much room next to rad.. i dont knwo i never asked TT
Old May 25, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

come to fl we can use my car

Quick Reply: The Best "50 trim" Ball Bearing Turbo Kit