Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Best "50 trim" Ball Bearing Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Put a 50tim on your car and see how it does. I don't know of anyone with a 50trim kit that has a lightened car, running lightweight wheels/Hoosiers. Full weight Evo's on stock motors and pump/meth have trapped 126+mph. Take alot of weight out of that, put some real tires on it and see what it runs. Most of the lightweight/hoosier cars run 35R's and bigger.

Keith
The facts are the facts. Your post is only giving hypotheticals and the posts in dsmtimes.org are realities. That's why we're posting in the 'DRAG' racing forum. Maybe the 50-trims should create a 'BENCH' racing forum where they can be faster.

edited: should have said posting our TIMES in the Drag racing forum.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

By the way, David Buschurs RS was on some off-model radial tires. His car is not fully lightened, etc. He ran 10.89 and that's a full 1/2 second faster than the fastest posted 50-trim. Find the 50-trim times even in the 10's at all. My point is that the 50 trims regardless of any other modifications have not posted a 10 second pass.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's silly to say that an FP Green is 'faster' than a 50 trim. A 50 trim will move more air and therefore make more power. Just because no-one has built an all-out 50 trim drag evo does not invalidate physics.

Ultimately the choice is really simple - spend a (relatively) small amount of cash to get a great spooling turbo that matches up very well to the stock block and gearing, or spend 4 or more times that amount of money to get a good 50 trim setup that spools slightly later and makes more power past 5000 RPM.

IMO the advent of the HTA35R has pretty much put the final nail in the coffin for 50 trim setups on the Evo. Hmm ... does that make my 50 trim a 'classic' or 'vintage' setup?

l8r)
Old Apr 1, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^Thats what I am saying. Yea there are many quicker Greens because everybody has one. Okix put a 50trim on your setup and I bet it would be quicker. You telling me a turbo that flows 47lbs a min will make more power than a turbo that flows 50+lbs. 50trim is a dying breed and nobody does them but its still flows more than a Green.

Last edited by dbsears; Apr 1, 2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

This is funny...how long has the 50 trim been out now? All we have heard and continue to hear are excuses to why the 50 trim hasnt run this time or that time. If Im not mistaken the green has been out for a shorter amount of time than the 50 trim, but yet some way or another it continues to prove its self day after day. Rather than BS excuses.
There are or have been more cars than just my car running 10's on the green. All I want is someone to show me where the 50 trim can out drag the green. Im not saying with 100% certain that it cant. Just prove me wrong.

HAHAHA...we already have the death talk of the 50 trim.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec9
The facts are the facts. Your post is only giving hypotheticals and the posts in dsmtimes.org are realities. That's why we're posting in the 'DRAG' racing forum. Maybe the 50-trims should create a 'BENCH' racing forum where they can be faster.

edited: should have said posting our TIMES in the Drag racing forum.
50 trims make anywhere from 480whp-500whp on pump/meth, or race gas. Any "drag" racer knows that 500whp+2900lb car+hoosiers=mid 10's. I might be "bench" racing but I have more then enough drag racing experience and have built plenty of cars to know what it takes to make a car fast. If someone put there mind to it they could EASILY get a 50 trim deep into the 10's. No one has tried it yet. No one has lightened there 50trim car and put Hoosiers on it. Until they do I guess we will just "bench" race.

Keith

Last edited by chaotichoax; Apr 1, 2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: keeping it friendly
Old Apr 1, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
50 trims make anywhere from 480whp-500whp on pump/meth, or race gas. Any "drag" racer knows that 500whp+2900lb car+hoosiers=mid 10's. I might be "bench" racing but I have more then enough drag racing experience and have built plenty of cars to know what it takes to make a car fast. If someone put there mind to it they could EASILY get a 50 trim deep into the 10's. No one has tried it yet. No one has lightened there 50trim car and put Hoosiers on it. Until they do I guess we will just "bench" race.

BTW, your sig is 9sec9....did your car ever make a 9 second pass? Or did your just "bench race" it to 9's?

Keith
i can easily agree with everything turbotrix is sayin, take the same car, same mods, only with different turbos and a 50trim will blow away a green, your 10 sec green is basically as close to a dedicated drag car as a street car can be
Old Apr 1, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dbsears87
Then that would be 95% of all the people that own greens. There are only a few people that have made 400whp on pump (which half weren't even on stock maf). Btw stock turbo has hit 10's, doesn't mean its better than a gt30 that only run 11's. The Green may be the best bolt on turbo because its the ONLY one. 50trim is still faster...may not be cost effective for the gains but it is still faster. Anything past 4k and the 50trim makes more power so its not "way up" there.
Prove it, go buy a BB 50 Trim kit and run 10's at 130++ in street weight vehicle. Do it with slightly more peak WHP and way way less torque. Even in street races I have seen that green kill with so much power UNDER the curve, it is hard to beat, especially with such fast spoolup.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

And what Green has run a 130+ in a street weight vehicle. Get off the rocker most greens dont trap past 120mph. Just because Okix does a completely impractical and irrelavent test to show how much power it can put it out. Who in their right mind is going to spend thousands and slicks, built motor/head and every bolt on possible to run a $1500 turbo....NOBODY? 99% of people either bolt that turbo on and run pump or a combination of meth. Dont take the 3 fastest cars ever and compare it to other setups. If you want to claim that hell most Green setups run faster than GT35 setups. I think you are missing the point. Flow rating dont lie and a 50trim flows more. The problem is their is no in between turbo...most the time its either get a Green or go GT35. Hell most people dont even go GT3076 but I am sure that just another turbo the Green walks all over.

Last edited by dbsears; Apr 1, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

And what Green has run a 130+ in a street weight vehicle. Get off the rocker most greens dont trap past 120mph. Just because Okix does a completely impractical and irrelavent test to show how much power it can put it out. Who in their right mind is going to spend thousands and slicks, built motor/head and every bolt on possible to run a $1500 turbo....NOBODY? 99% of people either bolt that turbo on and run pump or a combination of meth. Dont take the 3 fastest cars ever and compare it to other setups. If you want to claim that hell most Green setups run faster than GT35 setups. I think you are missing the point. Flow rating dont lie and a 50trim flows more. The problem is their is no in between turbo...most the time its either get a Green or go GT35. Hell most people dont even go GT3076 but I am sure that just another turbo the Green walks all over.
I don't think the Green is going to walk all over the FP HTA3076. Some turbos have got it and others just don't. We've always considered building the car for a bigger turbo and results first, maximize the turbo that we've got, then move on to a larger 'wheel'. Our path of 'developing' a car is just different than some. Many modders start at a bigger turbo, then have to keep upgrading everything else to maximize the turbo. We simply started on a different path. Build ALL of the supporting parts ONE TIME, then we'll be ready for ANY turbo that we choose. If you think about it, in the last year and a half, the pistons are basically the same, the head is the same, the selection of cams for the IX has simply mirrored what the VIII already had. The clutches have remained the same. The tires are the same. The wheels are the same. My point is, the developement of new turbos is what's changed. We evaluated what our goal was, then built for what would stay the same, with the hope of something new in the turbo arena. It's worked. We didn't build the OKIX car to permanently stay with a Forced Performance Green as our final stop. We built the car for where we we're going to be when had all of the 'permanent' parts in place. Big difference.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

I hope you do see 9's because you are having amazing results. Props to you for pushing it that hard. Most people at that point would just scrap it after 11's for a big turbo but you are stickin with it. I want to emphasize I am in no way knocking the Green or your accomplishment (I'm probably ordering one this summer ) Most people wont ever take a stockish turbo to that extensive of a level. Because it runs 10's or maybe even 9's doesn't particulary mean its faster than other turbos. I think if you put on a 50trim on there it run would the same times or better. I guess we will never know though. I guess since we are already OT I 110% agree with you on the FP3076. I think that is going to be the turbo kit to get now. (hint: you should try that next if the Green doesn't get 9's)

Last edited by dbsears; Apr 1, 2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Again just look at the Drag Times, the Green is Owning. I can't wait to see what the NEXT bolt on turbo can do, Te-He.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

I hope you do see 9's because you are having amazing results. Props to you for pushing it that hard. Most people at that point would just scrap it after 11's for a big turbo but you are stickin with it. I want to emphasize I am in no way knocking the Green or your accomplishment (I'm probably ordering one this summer ) Most people wont ever take a stockish turbo to that extensive of a level. Because it runs 10's or maybe even 9's doesn't particulary mean its faster than other turbos. I think if you put on a 50trim on there it run would the same times or better. I guess we will never know though. I guess since we are already OT I 110% agree with you on the FP3076. I think that is going to be the turbo kit to get now. (hint: you should try that next if the Green doesn't get 9's)
Thanks so much for seeing where we 'came from'. I agree that the HTA 3076 is going to be one tough turbo to beat in the 'smallish' class. We're very close to the end of the Green's life in the OKIX car. I just never wanted to say that we didn't give it our best shot. One last comment as to my sign-in name, I posted this as my 6th post ever on June 30th, 2006:
Originally Posted by 9sec9
Long story short.....my 9sec9 login is a joke, it's probably not going to happen in my lifetime but it is at least something to shoot for in my dreams.
For being off-topic, I greatly apologize to the OP and the Admins. When personal attacks are used by Vendors instead of staying on topic, I feel compelled to respond. No excuse however.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 05:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Benchracers :-)

Sean
Old Apr 1, 2008, 05:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
lets leave the personal lashing at home

thanks

Quick Reply: The Best "50 trim" Ball Bearing Turbo Kit