Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

what do i need in order to achieve 350whp?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm good at lots of things, send your women my way one of these days bro, she'll testify to one of the things I'm good at.

Skil- I cant change the Air Force cutting 40K people over the next 5 years so no point in staying. We are all ready doing more with less, now we are about to make it worse!
Old May 22, 2006, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zhemel
Warrtalon, help ignorent people in evom. Formula Ford has nothing to do with a Ford! Keep getting your count higher.
Dude, you are making your own arguments.

I am beginning to think you haven't read one book in your entire life. No to mention, learn very much when you were in school. I would advise you to keep your mouth shut and stop posting because for 1) you make evo owners look bad 2) you make yourself look very bad 3)you make the army look bad again and 4) sometimes I can't even correlate the words you type and make sense out of any of them

Let me break this down for you. A stroker engine would be a good idea if this guy wanted to make insane amounts of hp, but hes not. All he wants is a mere 350whp. In his case the most cost/fuel/time efficient way to make this happen is NOT to go with a stroker engine. So again in this persons case your advice is NOT correct. CAPICE!?!?
Old May 22, 2006, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
I'm good at lots of things, send your women my way one of these days bro, she'll testify to one of the things I'm good at.

Skil- I cant change the Air Force cutting 40K people over the next 5 years so no point in staying. We are all ready doing more with less, now we are about to make it worse!
Well they can't cut anyone that is enlisted until their enlistment term is up, but even then they still have the choice and opportunity to re-enlist.

Who and what are the MOS'S of the people they are cutting? Also do you have a link for this info? I'd like to read it.

thanks
Old May 22, 2006, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Well they can't cut anyone that is enlisted until their enlistment term is up, but even then they still have the choice and opportunity to re-enlist.

Who and what are the MOS'S of the people they are cutting? Also do you have a link for this info? I'd like to read it.

thanks

WHAT?? Heck yeah they can cut enlisted. They are going to seperate people starting fiscal 07 ( 1 OCT )

40K total between now and 2011. Lots has changed man. I'll PM you more info when I get home. Dont wanna jack this thread anymore then it already is.
Old May 22, 2006, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
WHAT?? Heck yeah they can cut enlisted. They are going to seperate people starting fiscal 07 ( 1 OCT )

40K total between now and 2011. Lots has changed man. I'll PM you more info when I get home. Dont wanna jack this thread anymore then it already is.
Ok thats fine pm me the details when you get a chance but I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO DISCUSS THE DETAILS OF THIS MORE. I am at work too.
Old May 22, 2006, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Will do.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

well from the mods you have, id ssay hop on some cams and a tune. you should be putting out a nice number after that.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:10 AM
Account Disabled

Dude, you are making your own arguments.

I am beginning to think you haven't read one book in your entire life. No to mention, learn very much when you were in school. I would advise you to keep your mouth shut and stop posting because for 1) you make evo owners look bad 2) you make yourself look very bad 3)you make the army look bad again and 4) sometimes I can't even correlate the words you type and make sense out of any of them

Let me break this down for you. A stroker engine would be a good idea if this guy wanted to make insane amounts of hp, but hes not. All he wants is a mere 350whp. In his case the most cost/fuel/time efficient way to make this happen is NOT to go with a stroker engine. So again in this persons case your advice is NOT correct. CAPICE!?!?
Your right graduating school without reading a book? You guys give evo owners a bad name. There is nothing wrong with alky, cheep hp. ask anybody. Stick to your saturns and hondas please. Leave the tuning to the prof.
Old May 22, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zhemel
Your right graduating school without reading a book? You guys give evo owners a bad name. There is nothing wrong with alky, cheep hp. ask anybody. Stick to your saturns and hondas please. Leave the tuning to the prof.
You haven't made a point yet, so unless you want to explain why you're so against alky, it would behoove you to stop making these comments.

We use alky on Evos all the time, and our use of alky has nothing to do with Hondas or Saturns. If you don't like alky injection, then that's fine, but we love it so that we can run max boost on our stock turbos en route to 400whp/400wtq. I have no idea what Formula Fords have to do with us, but alky is a much more viable option than a stroker motor.
Old May 22, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

^Thank God what took you so long? hahahaa
Old May 22, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Well this also can be solved by doing a search.

As for your answer. People who have run 30-35psi on the stock turbo are retarded because the stock turbos efficiency will taper off at certain rpms. Not to mention 25psi is about peak efficiency for the stocker. You can safely and adequately run 25psi and keep that boost through most of the power band.

You may hit 30psi very shortly through your powerband. Which would determine that kind of boost setting pointless.
People here have gotten around 400awhp on the stock turbo/IC and they didnt have to up it to 30-35. They were hovering around 24-25psi.
Yes, searching can solve it. It cannot be solved by a four-page flame war (i.e. the last four pages of this post). Also it's a bold move to make a generalization about the amount of boost people are running when I didn't mention any other factor that played into their use of that much boost.
If you were saying that for the amount of WHP he is aiming to achieve that level of boost wouldn't be appropriate I would understand, or the same thing but in regards to the mods he has. I am still learning as well and was giving a possible solution to think about compared to successful results I've seen by others. I would still be interested in knowing how in depth the tuning process was.
Old May 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Offender
Yes, searching can solve it. It cannot be solved by a four-page flame war (i.e. the last four pages of this post). Also it's a bold move to make a generalization about the amount of boost people are running when I didn't mention any other factor that played into their use of that much boost.
If you were saying that for the amount of WHP he is aiming to achieve that level of boost wouldn't be appropriate I would understand, or the same thing but in regards to the mods he has. I am still learning as well and was giving a possible solution to think about compared to successful results I've seen by others. I would still be interested in knowing how in depth the tuning process was.
Its not a flame war. We were simply educating people. Look at it as a classroom rather than a flame war.

However, the point being and warrtalon will attest to this. Running 30-35psi on the stocker is just pointless in any case or scenario even with a huge FMIC. Now you may be able to pull 30psi efficiently on the 20g. However, even with that it is uncertain.

I dunno cause I have never run a 20g before. However, I think buschur has therefore warrtalon can eloborate for me on this.

So there you have it. Any questions?
Old May 22, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he misspoke when he said he's heard that many people run 30-35psi. There's a FEW who claim that, but the stock turbo can't 1) run that high to begin with, or 2) sustain that boost for long. Some people have boost logs proving they run 30+, but many people can't get above 28-29. Regardless, those boost levels are way out of the efficiency range, so they tend to provide a huge torque spike without an increase in WHP. The returns are diminishing as boost goes above 24psi...
Old May 22, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he misspoke when he said he's heard that many people run 30-35psi. There's a FEW who claim that, but the stock turbo can't 1) run that high to begin with, or 2) sustain that boost for long. Some people have boost logs proving they run 30+, but many people can't get above 28-29. Regardless, those boost levels are way out of the efficiency range, so they tend to provide a huge torque spike without an increase in WHP. The returns are diminishing as boost goes above 24psi...
Cool, well I said it because I just talked to some people about what the highest boost level you could run on the stock turbo without blowing it was this weekend at the track. I will find out exactly what the details behind the 30-35psi numbers are but in searching on the issue I definately saw it from your (and Skil's) POV, esspecially in regard to ignition advance.
Old May 22, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

^Yeah i would tell those guys to come on here and talk to warrtalon so that he can get them on the right path.

Quick Reply: what do i need in order to achieve 350whp?