Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

what do i need in order to achieve 350whp?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zhemel
Its easy to get 350whp out of these cars without alky injection.
No, it's not easy. It's doable, but not easy on the 03-05s. It's not doable at all on a real Mustang Dyno that reads low.

Plus, the original question was 380whp, which absolutely requires alky injection.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No not at all. 380whp is pretty do-able without alky.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No, it's not easy. It's doable, but not easy on the 03-05s. It's not doable at all on a real Mustang Dyno that reads low.

Plus, the original question was 380whp, which absolutely requires alky injection.
Dude, stop. How many 03's have you built? My 03 was dyno'd on a Mustang Dyno that reads "low" as you say and it hit 362/337 on 93 and no alky. Stop with teh bigus info. Maybe you find it NOT DOABLE on the TUNE you run. I know quite a few 03's in the Orlando area running 350 whp on pump and no alky.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Uh, no it's not. You have no idea what you're talking about as we've seen in every post in this thread by you.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
Dude, stop. How many 03's have you built? My 03 was dyno'd on a Mustang Dyno that reads "low" as you say and it hit 362/337 on 93 and no alky. Stop with teh bigus info. Maybe you find it NOT DOABLE on the TUNE you run. I know quite a few 03's in the Orlando area running 350 whp on pump and no alky.
I did not give any bogus info, you tard. If you think that MD reads low, then please go out and prove it by trapping 120mph in the 1/4 on pump gas. Please go do it...we're waiting. You would have the fastest Evo EVER on pump gas with the stock turbo. Congrats. I highly doubt it, though. You'll learn that dyno numbers mean nothing - you have to prove it on the track.

There are not QUITE A FEW in Orland with 350whp on pump gas. It is possible to do, but it is not easy. it takes money...more money than if you just did alky without all the extra parts. I did not say it wasn't possible - I just said it wasn't EASY. Most Evos do NOT hit 350whp on pump gas. A few do...
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I did not give any bogus info, you tard. If you think that MD reads low, then please go out and prove it by trapping 120mph in the 1/4 on pump gas. Please go do it...we're waiting. You would have the fastest Evo EVER on pump gas with the stock turbo. Congrats. I highly doubt it, though. You'll learn that dyno numbers mean nothing - you have to prove it on the track.

There are not QUITE A FEW in Orland with 350whp on pump gas. It is possible to do, but it is not easy. it takes money...more money than if you just did alky without all the extra parts. I did not say it wasn't possible - I just said it wasn't EASY. Most Evos do NOT hit 350whp on pump gas. A few do...
Well if DYNO numbers mean nothing, then dont refer to them man. I mean ****, I've seen 500 hp mustangs that with a sh!tty driver cant trap 120. So that argument is subjective.

As far as ORLANDO goes..... when was the last time you were there? Please tell me. I was there last weekend, and I stay in close contact with quite a few people from the area. And yes there are QUITE A FEW. Matter of fact I was told you were extended an invite to come to Orlando to see if your cars runs as much as your mouth and you declined...... hmmmmm ?????
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

I declined? Wtf. I live 2000 miles away. They can feel free to drive here if they want. How dumb was that comment?

I don't care what a 500hp mustang does. If you think your 360+whp is on a low-reading mustang dyno with pump gas, then go out and prove your trap speeds. Trap speeds don't care if you suck as a driver - they indicate true power. 360whp on the Buschur MD will have you trapping 120mph or more, so if you think that MD reads low, too, then go out and prove it instead of spewing dyno numbers.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Well apperently you A. Cant read or B. Cant read... the thread title says 350WHP not a word in there about the WARRTALON theory on trap speeds.

He asked about dyno numbers I answered. PERIOD.

Your amazing brah, your the very same guy who bashed people for mod'ing a 30K car blah blah blah...now your the biggest commercialized bandwagoner on EVOM.

One more time for you just in case you missed it.

THREAD TITLE = what do i need in order to achieve 350whp?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

No, the original thread said 380whp. He later changed it to 350whp. Who cares if it talks about trap speeds or not? They are directly relevant to dyno numbers, because anyone can inflated dyno numbers by messing with the dyno parameters.

I didn't bash people for modding a 30k car, wtf. If anything, I wondered how they could afford to completely void the warranty by spending thousands upon thousands of dollars. I still wonder, because the only reason I did such mods is because they were free. I'd never pay to ruin my 5yr/60k warranty. And what is "brah"? I prefer English.

Again, he originally asked how to make 380whp. Go look at the first post and read the title at the top. Then, read my first answer and notice how it says "in order to sniff 380whp, etc."
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:52 PM
Account Disabled

well, since I know the poster, I'll say this...to make the type of power you want on an '03/'04 car is not all that difficult at all...been done many many times. Your first thing to do is NOT read the arguements back and forth in this thread though...they will get you no where.

1. cams - HKS 272's at a minimum. JUN/Tomei also a good choice if you can afford the other parts needed (springs/retainers)

1A. headstuds

2. 02 housing - a good idea

3. 10.5 hotside

4. test pipe

5. My advice to the poster - don't gauge what you want by a single WHP number, because that number will differ car to car, dyno to dyno. Choose the right parts, have it installed by someone competant, and tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, and your net result will be a car that is significantly quicker than it currently is, and without any loss in reliability - whether it has 349 whp on dyno A, or 351 whp on dyno B.

6. Intercooler - not a bad idea either, but not necessarily 100% needed either. We've had customers running high 11's stock turbo, on stock IC's and others running similar times with similar traps on aftermarket IC's.

7. Alchy/Meth - also a nice addition and with 1-4 will easily net you the performance level you want. Research it yourself (or ask people who are well versed in it) and decide if it's for you.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; Jun 3, 2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Finally someone answering at the question.

About the FMIC, if you just drag it's fine IMO.

But if you do track and long run, FMIC is a great bonus. Also if you leave somewhere with hot temperature (28 C+) during day, FMIC will really help.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:13 PM
Account Disabled

Thank you Z1, a very good explanation. Warrtalon all you do is bash everyone, so whats the point of you posting?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

aah no. unless you are looking at uncorrected dyno numbers or an upgraded turbo on the car. i never seen 118-120 traps on 93oct on the stock turbo.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

350whp is fairly easy with basic boltons. 380whp has been done so it's not out of the question with the right combo of mods.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:22 AM

Thank you Z1, a very good explanation. Warrtalon all you do is bash everyone, so whats the point of you posting?
Shhhh...he might stop getting "free" parts if his sponsors find out...lol.

Quick Reply: what do i need in order to achieve 350whp?