Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

what do i need in order to achieve 350whp?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About time for cheep comments!

Last edited by zhemel; Jun 5, 2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Yes hes sponsored by them but so what! At least buschur knows wtf they are doing compared to some of these other places.

1) youget your parts on time
2) they have good service
3) their installation is very good
4)their prices are reasonable for the most part

Also mostof the forum here will agree with me and warrtalon that buschur does indeed create good parts for very little expense but the hp reward is very great compared to that expense.

On a evo 8 you can spend around 1500 and get around 300-330whp.
is #3 this with or without spacers?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Dude, you are making your own arguments.

I am beginning to think you haven't read one book in your entire life. No to mention, learn very much when you were in school. I would advise you to keep your mouth shut and stop posting because for 1) you make evo owners look bad 2) you make yourself look very bad 3)you make the army look bad again and 4) sometimes I can't even correlate the words you type and make sense out of any of them

Let me break this down for you. A stroker engine would be a good idea if this guy wanted to make insane amounts of hp, but hes not. All he wants is a mere 350whp. In his case the most cost/fuel/time efficient way to make this happen is NOT to go with a stroker engine. So again in this persons case your advice is NOT correct. CAPICE!?!?
i find this absolutely hilarious because from what's been said in this thread it doesn't appear that ANYONE has anything informative to say.

so what makes you a bad ***? that you can ride warrtalon's nuts and hopefully his coattails into evom fame?

bottom line is there is no CHEAP way to run alcohol safely. anyone that does not see that is SHORT SIGHTED and FOOLISH. ask buschur to ask robi if he'll ever run alcohol in his time attack car. ask him... GO NOW... he will say... **** off amature. don't be foolish. why? cuz it's NOT RELIABLE.

running alcohol for some dyno numbers and an occational pass down the strip is fine... but that is in no way RELIABLE. if you run it daily without more than 3 fail safes (engine management, mechanical boost trip, and some sort of redundancy in either of the aforementioned two) then you're gonna pop something and i don't really give a **** when cuz it's your "investment"
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No, the original thread said 380whp. He later changed it to 350whp. Who cares if it talks about trap speeds or not? They are directly relevant to dyno numbers, because anyone can inflated dyno numbers by messing with the dyno parameters.

I didn't bash people for modding a 30k car, wtf. If anything, I wondered how they could afford to completely void the warranty by spending thousands upon thousands of dollars. I still wonder, because the only reason I did such mods is because they were free. I'd never pay to ruin my 5yr/60k warranty. And what is "brah"? I prefer English.

Again, he originally asked how to make 380whp. Go look at the first post and read the title at the top. Then, read my first answer and notice how it says "in order to sniff 380whp, etc."
this dyno arguement is really stupid also... so if i gut my car and make a higher trap speed does that mean i'm making more horsepower? it doesn't... it means i'm able to accelerate faster with the same horsepower. weight reduction is "worth horsepower" only in the sense that it TRANSLATES into higher trap speeds. so what does that say about horsepower? nada.

dyno numbers are stupid. trap speeds are stupid too.

what should people be doing? they should be shutting up on the forums with this how do i get xxx hp crap. why? cuz half the people on the board don't even know waht 350 horsepower feels like whether that's dj mustang or dd. what they should be asking is how do i get my car in THIS condition for THIS thing that i'm doing. i wanna be able to run this and that that this and that type of event. after that THEN you can bust out the meaningless measurements that are not uniform across the market and recommend modifications that vary from dsm cheap to exotic expensive.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 09:46 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for that explantion trinydex, i agree with you 100%. alky is not the best answer!!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trinydex, that was a LOT of typing for little content. Dyno numbers don't mean much. Relative dyno numbers mean a little. Trap speeds mean a LOT. Dyno numbers WITH trap speeds mean a lot more. It makes no sense to say they are meaningless.

The alky diatribe is unnecessary, too. You're giving zhemel a nice "out" for no reason, but I doubt that's your intention. Robi, who races at an extremely high level, may have had a failure, but that doesn't mean it's dangerous for EVERYONE to run alky. Many, MANY of us run it daily with extreme boost levels without worry. I agree it's better to have a boost cutoff, but in my setup, I have 3 failsafes alone. I add an additional failsafe when road racing, which makes 4.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Trinydex, that was a LOT of typing for little content. Dyno numbers don't mean much. Relative dyno numbers mean a little. Trap speeds mean a LOT. Dyno numbers WITH trap speeds mean a lot more. It makes no sense to say they are meaningless.

The alky diatribe is unnecessary, too. You're giving zhemel a nice "out" for no reason, but I doubt that's your intention. Robi, who races at an extremely high level, may have had a failure, but that doesn't mean it's dangerous for EVERYONE to run alky. Many, MANY of us run it daily with extreme boost levels without worry. I agree it's better to have a boost cutoff, but in my setup, I have 3 failsafes alone. I add an additional failsafe when road racing, which makes 4.
so... do your trap speeds mean the most with lots of down force? little downforce? r comp tires? blizzaks? let me know yo...

i'm not giving anyone an "out" in fact i don't exactly agree with the way mr z is running around talkin' but that doesn't change the FACTS of what i said at all. why do roadracers run racegas? why to autocrossers run race gas? cuz alcohol is not a good alternative? is that very simple to understand?

i'll put it this way. scot gray is a reknowned tuner. in socal... he's pretty much a 4g63 deity. he tells me alcohol is not good to run daily because none of the kits have enough fail safes. he isn't as outright as mueller when it comes to "unquestionability" but i don't question him.

what did i say in my previous post? i said there is no safe way to run alcohol CHEAPLY. if you run it on aem with its failsafes and you have an alkie fuel cell and you have an mbc trip lined in, it's not likely you'll break anything.

but seriously warr... you're slangin' these alkie kits like its crack in the projects. you gotta know it's bad. these fools runnin' around with just an alkie pump and a ****in' controller that tells you it's not working by turning an LED OFF. and some of them were faulty enough to be stuck ON? GIVE ME A BREAK, that is NOT FAILSAFE that's like having a check engine light come on when you knock... that doesn't solve anything that just tells you, YOU GOT ****ED, or close to it.

i don't see at all why you're taking such a defensive stance when i'm sure you will be covering your *** by either upgrading your alkie kit or replacing it, or doing some serious preventative maintanence. are you lettin' everyone else know they should do the same? or shall we all run alcohol daily for the next 3 years with no worries? i for one will put MONEY on the fact that there will be MANY alkie kit failures WITHIN three years. you might be ok now when the kits are still new... in fact... you're not fine already as far as the failures go cuz some have failed new and revisions have had to be made... so why are you arguing again?
Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
Account Disabled

Bottom line i dont argee with alky injection. But it sounds like alot of guys like to run it quick hp, more power to ya! Dont come callin when something brakes.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HxllxMan
wow I was stupid enough to read 5 pages of people @#$%#@. I was hoping to learn something, but at the end nothing new.

Common guys calm down and open your mind.

+1 to you.

Why must all threads end up in people telling each other they're 100% wrong and then each side attempting to inflate their e-**** larger with each post...

Could have been a good thread, but people just can't keep an open mind.

I'm willing to take any advice related to tuning this fine machine people want to give me, but seeing this stuff makes me lose faith...
Old Jun 11, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

huh? i didn't tell anyone they were wrong... i just stated something as being unsafe... i try to cover my *** around you peopel as much as i can.

never said that alcohol doesn't make power... it does, it makes good power to boot. but if you think it's a cheap ticket then you're usin' it just like naws. nos makes great power too but if you think you can run it for just the 600dollar kit. you're gravely mistaken.

people have used nos in roadracing. the cobalt ss comes to mind. but notice how much money they used to make it safe.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 09:03 PM

s1 cams, mbc, 02 housing, and tactrix cable
Old Oct 1, 2009, 09:04 PM

also you could go with ported exhaust manifold