Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HELP front diff/TC problems

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTKage
daytona mitsubishi -_-

called shepherd, and Rc hill mitsubishi and both gave the part number for the oil, which is totaly different form what daytona mitsubishi gave me....i am on my way there now
Fight with them!! Thats the reason they keep blowing.. Have them put Diaqueen only!! Let me know how it goes
Old May 30, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump

anyone else agree with the wrong fluid theory?
I had the same problem, its the wrong fluid in there. Mitsu doesnt specifically have the diaqueen on hand and they probably used the bulk fluid in the shop when filling your tcase.

Same thing happened to me but they wouldnt warranty it; they drained the fluid from the tcase before i could get a sample to verify what fluid was actually in the tcase.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

ok here is what they did: they put the Diaqueen multi gear oil in the TC which is only for the 6speed transmission where they should have used the Daiqueen LSD oil

they are talking about replacing it under warranty ( for the 3rd time now lol) but i ll have confirmation tomorrow

because now they are trying to tell me that they think the frontdiff/TC comes prelubricated form the factory lol, so i am letting them find out that s not the case ( i already talked to John Shep about it)

so hopefully this week the car should be fixed for good. *knock on wood*
Old May 30, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok here is what they did: they put the Diaqueen multi gear oil in the TC which is only for the 6speed transmission where they should have used the Daiqueen LSD oil

they are talking about replacing it under warranty ( for the 3rd time now lol) but i ll have confirmation tomorrow

because now they are trying to tell me that they think the frontdiff/TC comes prelubricated form the factory lol, so i am letting them find out that s not the case ( i already talked to John Shep about it)

Good to hear!! Keep us posted
Old May 30, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

BS they didnt put diaqueen anything in there. They used the bulk 75 90 GL5 gear oil that they get from a chemical supply place that they order for shop use.

They ***ed up and are trying to deny your warranty claim because they screwed up.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Absolutely pathetic that master technicians have no idea which fluids to use in certain parts. It's right there in the owners manual and the service manual.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stevEVO8
BS they didnt put diaqueen anything in there. They used the bulk 75 90 GL5 gear oil that they get from a chemical supply place that they order for shop use.

They ***ed up and are trying to deny your warranty claim because they screwed up.
most dealerships have the diaqueen that is used for the evo mr tranny, It was suposed to be shipped out to all of them just incase an evo came in. Man I should have bet ya a buck. Hey we had the same issue, but the mitsu rep from mitsu tech line said that diaqueen manual tranny fluid will not cause that kind of damage in less than 1000miles and denied our claim. Good luck man. Its total BS that they have gotten away with this so many times. Problem is that most mechanics no it uses this stuff called diaqueen, but the stuff they have on hand is only the manual tranny stuff and the service managers are telling them its fine. Trust me been down this street, I personally argued with a usa mistu rep. He won. Heres the bad part, our dealership admited to it being there fault and said they were going to take care of it. Then they call back after speaking with the tech line and get the bs story that the wrong fluid wont damage in less than 1000miles

Last edited by damianhindley; May 30, 2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stevEVO8

no they showed me the bottle they were using, it was the diaqueen multi gear oil 75w85 which is for the Transmission not for the TC/front diff

Last edited by GTKage; May 30, 2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

I just hope the dealership owns up and does not contact the rep for aprovel. thats where our issue was, the reps are clowns.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by damianhindley
I just hope the dealership owns up and does not contact the rep for aprovel. thats where our issue was, the reps are clowns.
well they did replaced my TC twice under warranty even tho i have the exedy clutch, so i hope they ll stay cool about it, because obviously it has been their fault all along.