Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

CUSCO Pressure plate Retainer Clip????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex
superhatch should be clutch guru.
I agree
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nesiop
Where ya get it...

Bump....
Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same thing happened to me on one of my first passes down the track last year. Tried a NLS, grinded real bad and the clutch stayed to the floor.

I had the car towed up to Buschur and Dan fixed her right up. So you might want to call Dan and see if he can get you two of those rings to put on. He put two on mine hoping to add a little pressure so it wouldn't happen again. I guess it's common for the Exedy's to do that.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Rings or washers? Shep brought up a good point like you said if you worded it wrong.

He said put like 3 or 4 wavy washers around that ring and then pop it in.

Also does anyone know how that piece actually goes back in? Do those face any specific way do I just push it into the Pressure place or slide it around the TOB then into the PP etc....

And where can I get them?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor

OK before we start, just to save confusion, let's call the pieces you are installing onto the pressure plate the collar, wave washers, and the snap ring. There should already be two pieces attached to the center of the pressure plate that sandwich the ends of the diaphragm fingers.

1. You slide the two or more wave washers onto the collar and slide the collor through the pressure plate.
2. Turn it over and install the snap ring onto the collar.
3. Now install the pressure plate onto the flywheel as normal.
4. The release bearing should be installed onto the transmission and it will just slide into the collar. The snap ring automatically attaches to the bearing during install.

The collar is what normally keeps the snap ring from coming out of place. On a benchtop you can play with the release bearing and how it fits onto the pressure plate before install if you like. You just have to remember the trick to getting it out, which is to gently pry between the flange of the collar and the release bearing (which collapses the wave washers), and then the bearing should just pull right out of the collar of the pressure plate.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Where ya get it...
Off of my stock clutch...
Old Jun 2, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ACTman
OK before we start, just to save confusion, let's call the pieces you are installing onto the pressure plate the collar, wave washers, and the snap ring. There should already be two pieces attached to the center of the pressure plate that sandwich the ends of the diaphragm fingers.

1. You slide the two or more wave washers onto the collar and slide the collor through the pressure plate.
2. Turn it over and install the snap ring onto the collar.
3. Now install the pressure plate onto the flywheel as normal.
4. The release bearing should be installed onto the transmission and it will just slide into the collar. The snap ring automatically attaches to the bearing during install.

The collar is what normally keeps the snap ring from coming out of place. On a benchtop you can play with the release bearing and how it fits onto the pressure plate before install if you like. You just have to remember the trick to getting it out, which is to gently pry between the flange of the collar and the release bearing (which collapses the wave washers), and then the bearing should just pull right out of the collar of the pressure plate.

Thanks. Except... I only see 2 parts, the wave washers and maybe the Collar? Not the snapring?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Give me a call... I'll help you out.

Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks. Except... I only see 2 parts, the wave washers and maybe the Collar? Not the snapring?
According to the pics... your snap ring is in pieces. So you may actually have more then 3.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

K, Matt helped me out and is getting me the wave washers, Collar?, and snap ring. Said it will be around $60 and should be good to go from there.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Matt, I just need to check one thing on this. Could I technically use an OEM one? I have a good friend who works at Mitsu as the parts guy who gives me his discount which is huge, and he quoted me the whole setup, the snap ring, collar?, and wave washer with the TOB which I was going to replace already for 48 dollars.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Matt, I just need to check one thing on this. Could I technically use an OEM one? I have a good friend who works at Mitsu as the parts guy who gives me his discount which is huge, and he quoted me the whole setup, the snap ring, collar?, and wave washer with the TOB which I was going to replace already for 48 dollars.
Yeah man - An OE would work fine...That's what Exedy, ACT, Clutchmasters, SPEC, etc, etc, etc use anyhow.

Make sure he's gettin you (2) Wave Washers tho...

Other then that you're ok.

Old Jun 3, 2006, 08:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Cleaned up to keep everyone out of trouble... whether they like it or not...

Last edited by Zeus; Jun 3, 2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Matt from that picture, is that washer still in good condition to toss on also?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

ttt

Quick Reply: CUSCO Pressure plate Retainer Clip????