Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR lower intercooler pipe and MBC question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dan628
That's how I have mine hooked up, using the turbo nipple as the source, thats the best way to hook it up in my opinion.
I agree with 100% this is the best way
Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:04 AM
5k6
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^+1 If you have a leak off the Ted method you can over boost I think. look it up. I used the turbo nipple also.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

so you hook the bottom nipple of the MBC to the Turbo nipple and the Top nipple on the MBC to the wastegate actuator? like the picture attached?

Last edited by drewblueeye; Dec 14, 2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewblueeye
so you hook the bottom nipple of the MBC to the Turbo nipple and the Top nipple on the MBC to the wastegate actuator? like the picture attached?

That should work, try it out and see what you come up with.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Is there another nipple on the turbo itself to hook it up to? There is the nipple on the lower IC pipe just after the turbo. Are you refering to this one? Becuase the Buschur Racing lower IC pipe doesn't have it that is why he hooked up the mbc between the manifold and wastegate.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

ok well i am going to take the 'T' out today and try to run the hose to the turbo nipple. I dont remember taking a hose off the turbo when i put the MBC on but that was over a year ago so i will see what happens. Hopefully it works. I am doing it at work so i can lift it with a hoist. I will let you know tonight if that works.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Why wouldn't you address the leak instead of hooking it up to a different source? T'ing the BOV works perfectly fine. Like I mentioned before either you T is too small or your hoses are too big. If you're using the same T and hoses on another boost source you're going to have a leak just as before... or maybe I'm just crazy
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Well if he installed it between the turbo and the wastegate there would be no "T" in the lines. But I am confused here. He is running the Buschur lower IC and there is no nipple on that one like there is on the stock pipe. So he has to hook it up between the manifold and the wastegate, unless there is some other nipple on the turbo, that I don't know about, that he can use as a boost source. The confusion results from the fact that people are saying to hook it up using the turbo nipple, and that nipple was taken away when he installed the BR pipe (no nipple like stock pipe), unless (as I already said) there is some other nipple that I do not know about.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The way that we tell everyone to do this if they have a question about it is the way that "justchil" has been explaining. You "T" the line that was on the factory lower IC pipe into the BOV line. We have not had any issues with running the lines this way.

As for the boost leak... does one of the lines have a hole / crack / cut in it that is hard to see but is blowing open under pressure?

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

ok David I sent you an Email with all the information and photos i have too. if you have any questions feel free to email me back or call the number i attached. if i dont answer you can always leave a message. like i said this is the only problem i have and once this is fixed the car will be perfect (in my eyes)
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

On my car there are no nipples on the intercooler pipes. I don't know what every one is talking about. I already installed a Horsepower freaks LICP (passenger side) and it the MBC hooks up on the opposite side of the car!! Now I think the Buschur LICP changes the pipe on the driver side, but once again there are no nipples there. It goes straight from the intercooler to the UICP that leads to the throttle body. The only pipe that has nipples on it is the MAF pipe and that has 1 nipple that was used with the stock boost control solenoid and that gets capped off anyways when using a MBC, and the other nipple is used for the PCV system. The MAF pipe goes straight to the turbo and right below that is a nipple (ON THE TURBO) that is the nipple to use if using the MBC!
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Wow everyone has different answers to the problme, and this weekend i tried them all. First i thought, lets try a different BOV so i tried the factory one... still flutters!!! so then i changed the hoses for the 5th time... STILL FLUTTERS!!!! so then i thought that i would try ANOTHER size of 'T' ,which i have already tried 3 different sizes, and guess what... STILL FLUTTERS!!!! the higher the boost the worse the flutter. when i first turned my boost down on my Buschur Racing MBC to 19psi, i thought the problem was gone, but it wasnt, it was just not as bad. and I know for a fact that i have no leaks between the Buschur Racing lower intercooler pipe that connects to the intercooler and the intake manifold. so the only place that i could have leaks is either in the lower intercooler pipe that connects to the turbo or between the lowerintercooler pipe and the turbo where that gasket is. And just a FYI, i have tried to use the gasket that was included with the Buschur Racing lower intercooler pipe, then i tried to use the factory one, then i tried to use both together.... STILL FLUTTERS!!!. OHH and as far as my clamps to the intercooler pipes. I took all the facotry ones off just because i wanted to know for sure that there was no leak and replaced them with ones that i bought for $7.00 EACH, from the Tractor/deisel supply store...(picture included) now these are some heavy duty clamps and the guy sells the T-bolt clamps too and he said to go with these if i wanted to be positive that it wouldnt leak.
All I know is I am about to the point to drive the 12 hours to Ohio and have Buschur Racing take a look at my car, so People stop thinking I am crazy. There is a flutter and it is driving me crazy. I would put the factory Lower intercooler pipe back on jsut so the flutter isnt there but it doesnt fit 100% correctly on the Buschur Racing Race front mout intercooler... I just want my baby running right

Last edited by drewblueeye; Dec 14, 2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Well fixing boost leaks won't really prevent flutter but it's needed to have a good running car.

Can you describe exactly what is going on when you say flutter? I'm assuming the needle is jumping around right?

If you haven't done a boost test already you really really need to do that to find a leak. No matter what you do that's the only way to be 100% on NO leaks.

Wish you were local I'd give ya a hand.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

YES, I have done a boost leak test. I know 100% that there is no leaks up to 24psi.

Ok when i say flutter this is what i mean

when accelerating slowly, and having boost build slowly, once the boost gets between 10psi to 16 psi the BOV starts to release boost in spurts, of about 2 times a second. the needle on the Boost gauge jumps up and down about 3 to 5 psi, then after 2 or 3 seconds the BOV Releases all boost and i lose all built up boost. This happens when accelerating. I am not letting off the gas at anytime, nor am i pushing in on the clutch. This is oly when slowly building boost but this does NOT happen when I am WOT (pedal to the floor). I am going to take my video camera out and tape what happens, this way i can show everyone what is happening.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Is there any sort of adjustment on the BOV itself?

I've had this with my APS before but I can adjust how much it VTA/Recircs. Hell right now I have this although not bad due to my WGA being too loose which is causing the turbo to spool up weird.

Hmmm

Quick Reply: BR lower intercooler pipe and MBC question