Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: rpm problem! please help!!
rpm
40.00%
problem
60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

rpm problem! please help!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2006, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy rpm problem! please help!!

k i own a 2003 evolution with 26k miles on it. only mods are a hks blow off valve and upper intercooler pipe. boost is turned up to 21 psi.

k well my car idols just fine. when im driving and floor it tell i hit like 6500rpm or so and let go of the gass and just hold the clutch in. my rpms will drop all the way to like 200-300rpm then bump back up to 800. it kinda feels like the engine dies and turn back on like it shakes and bumps back up then its fine again. if you know what it might be or anything please let me know thanks!!!
Old Jun 3, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

is your bov vta? did you just do these mods?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

change the bov
get one that recirculates back into the intake
Old Jun 3, 2006, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

yeah this is a noted problem. I don't know how much you know about cars or what not, but the blow off valve is after the mass airflow sensor, which meters air coming in through the intake and delivers the fuel necessary for that air to achieve optimum combustion. when you let in the clutch, your blow off valve is letting that air vent to atmosphere, but the mass air flow sensor has already metered it going through the intake and dumps the fuel for that air, which never makes it, because your blow off valve vented it to atmosphere.

if your blow off valve has the option to install the recirculate system, do that. if not, you'll need to replace it. if you want to hear the blow off on a recirculated system, change out the intake to an aftermarket set up. most seem to require an ecu reflash, but the parrin system states that they do not. And on all of them, even with the blow off valve recirculating, you can hear the blow off valve still.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by haloevolution45
only mods are a hks blow off valve and upper intercooler pipe. boost is turned up to 21 psi.
Well duh...
Old Jun 4, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well duh...
you f-ing crack me up war. this place would be sooo boring without you.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elhalisf
change the bov
get one that recirculates back into the intake
+1
Old Jun 4, 2006, 03:57 PM

so pretty much its nothin serious then right??? thanx for the help though!! o another question is 21 pounds safe to push on stock engine?? cause i think they push 18 stock right??
Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

so pretty much its nothin serious then right??? thanx for the help though!! o another question is 21 pounds safe to push on stock engine?? cause i think they push 18 stock right??
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

i'm pretty sure warrtalon is tired of seeing noobs put the worst mods on their car especially without a tune and wonder why things break... it boggles the mind why people don't do research on aftermarket parts and just put anything they want... i'm sick of seeing these types of post every other day
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:39 PM

how is a blow off valve a bad mod??!! i dono if you would even consider it a mod it dosenot doing anything dif then the stock on. no horsepower increase either! most you guys on here are dicks!! i just asked if it was normal! sorry i dont have time to spend all day studying about cars! why even waste you time to read it if all your gonna do is talk smack let alone write something dont you have anything better to do??
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

how is a blow off valve a bad mod??!! i dono if you would even consider it a mod it dosenot doing anything dif then the stock on. no horsepower increase either! most you guys on here are dicks!! i just asked if it was normal! sorry i dont have time to spend all day studying about cars! why even waste you time to read it if all your gonna do is talk smack let alone write something dont you have anything better to do??
Then why would you change it
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:26 PM

to make a dif noise then your stock one duh! stock ones are not as loud and usually have a higher posability of leaks..
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

lol ricer....
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

to make a dif noise then your stock one duh! stock ones are not as loud and usually have a higher posability of leaks..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. To make a different noise than your stock one, DUH!!!! YEAH, DUH!!!! The stock one is not as loud, holy crap!!! Well, DUH, the whole purpose of a BOV is to make noise, right? Jeez, Silk, don't you know ANYTHING?

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jun 5, 2006 at 08:32 PM.

Quick Reply: rpm problem! please help!!