Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

spun rod bearing in buschur motor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted B
And once again for the learning impaired . . .

(2) Spinning the engine to 10,000 rpm gets expensive quickly.
Thanks,

I got ADD
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had this problem when i assembled my motor. i called this high rep shop that i bought them from and was told to torque to 45ft/lbs. the torque was barely enough to stretch the bolts to 50%. i ended up calling the manufacture and was told to angle torque them which nailed the stretch tolerance perfectly. the torque required to reach the stretch was insane! i doubt you will get an honest answer aswell. while revving to 10k isn't the greatest thing to do, neither is saying the motor can be revved to 10k by the builder.

Last edited by nickracer9; Jun 5, 2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

The only issue is that "built motors" are promoted as being durable enough to reach extremely high power levels and certain RPM points without issue. Ofcourse issues occur as with any reasonably powerful car (stock included) but stories like this usually aren't placed at the fore. Irresponsible marketing on 90% of the parts around is the issue IMO.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're fooloish to spin the motor to 10,000 for no reason. Did you do it just to hear the sound? Are you showing off to your friends? Lesson learned I hope. I realize English is your second language--it better be-- but your rationale/train of thought is very illogical. If you're smart you'll stop posting about this and just accept his offer--you're lucky Dave is being such a stand-up guy about fixing it. Good luck.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

I have had numerous encounters with Bushur Racing and I must say it has been nothing but pleasant. When I brought my car to them it was a complete nightmare. Most of the parts were not even purchased from them, some of them didn't work and were fixed by them. I decided to go there because when I talked to them I felt comfortable. I didn't feel as though they were trying to fast talk me and make me spend money on things I didn't need. It sounds like all you are trying to do is hypothesise about what caused the problem when you should return it to the professionals as asked to do. They don't try to rip people off. This is of course just my .02. If you really want to fix the problem it seems as though the fastest way would be to return the item and as opposed to wasting time talking about it. Talking about something never fixed anything, make a move.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Man, after the great post that Dave added to this thread? Send it back to him. Sounds like a stand up guy to me, I'm sure he will take care of you.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rgonyer
Man, after the great post that Dave added to this thread? Send it back to him. Sounds like a stand up guy to me, I'm sure he will take care of you.
so by your post you would spin 600 in shipping and the cost of parts and labor to get it fixed when it possible wasnt done right in the first place? so you would spin that much more after just spinning over 3k with him?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

You spend money, you spin a motor....at least I think? If your going to use slang at least use it consistantly so we can help you more effectively.

If you don't think his offer of checking it out for free if you pay shipping is good/do not trust them after this first happening then go elsewhere, if it were me I would send it back just to see what they say is wrong, plus if it is there error you know he will help you out, your call though.

Scorke
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scorke
You spend money, you spin a motor....at least I think? If your going to use slang at least use it consistantly so we can help you more effectively.
His use of that word is making my head spend.

But seriously, send the motor back - if you're sure that it wasn't abuse on your end, then you should have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by anjapower; Jun 5, 2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, why do you keep saying "spin"? Completely different word than "spend."

Anyway, you keep saying PARTS AND LABOR, but Dave clearly said you would only pay the cost of PARTS, and that's at his cost, not retail cost. He would perform the labor free and provide free shipping.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, why do you keep saying "spin"? Completely different word than "spend."

Anyway, you keep saying PARTS AND LABOR, but Dave clearly said you would only pay the cost of PARTS, and that's at his cost, not retail cost. He would perform the labor free and provide free shipping.
He would perform the labor free and provide free shipping
show me were he said this.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

If you were using 0w30 on a 400+ motor that was your problem.... damn!....
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
He would perform the labor free and provide free shipping
show me were he said this.
Right here:

Last is I did talk to this customer about this. We do not offer a SPECIFIC warranty on our engines, nothing written or no certain time limit. We do have a warranty though. The warranty is the best you can get it is MY WORD that the engine is put together correctly and will hold up. There is no better warranty than my word. I told him to send it back to us. We would give it to our machine shop and have them take it apart and inspect it. I could do this myself but I use our machine shop as a 3rd party. They determine what they think happened. If it is something they did in the maching process they cover it for me. If they say I did something wrong, then I cover it. IF they can not determine the cause of the failure, which sometimes is the case, then at the very worst I will fix the engine for MY EXACT COST OF PARTS AND PAY THE SHIPPING BACK TO THE CUSTOMER.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Last is I did talk to this customer about this. We do not offer a SPECIFIC warranty on our engines, nothing written or no certain time limit. We do have a warranty though. The warranty is the best you can get it is MY WORD that the engine is put together correctly and will hold up. There is no better warranty than my word. I told him to send it back to us. We would give it to our machine shop and have them take it apart and inspect it. I could do this myself but I use our machine shop as a 3rd party. They determine what they think happened. If it is something they did in the maching process they cover it for me. If they say I did something wrong, then I cover it. IF they can not determine the cause of the failure, which sometimes is the case, then at the very worst I will fix the engine for MY EXACT COST OF PARTS AND PAY THE SHIPPING BACK TO THE CUSTOMER.
I put it in bold and in a larger font because you seem to have trouble reading...

Scorke
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, Jon. You figure he'd pay close attention to what Dave said, especially the part where he was explaining his "warranty." Worst case scenario here is that DAve fixes it for free minus the wholesale cost of parts even if the machine shop cannot determine fault.

Quick Reply: spun rod bearing in buschur motor