Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

spun rod bearing in buschur motor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehehe Jon H I can see we would get along.

Scorke
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of miss information in this thread its not even funny. Oil has nothing to do with what happened period. Please don’t even bring that up ever again. 0W30 is not limited to hp numbers just like the guy above said.

If I were you I would send it back and see what Dave will say. I know that $600 is a lot of money but at this point you just have no choice. Also, you can ship your car to them for $700 so that’s another option but I am not sure if you have another car to drive.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

IF they can not determine the cause of the failure, which sometimes is the case, then at the very worst I will fix the engine for MY EXACT COST OF PARTS AND PAY THE SHIPPING BACK TO THE CUSTOMER.
at worst he will fix the motor for the cost of parts, it's right there.

as he said, he has much more to gain by treating you fair.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

He does have another choice rather than ship the motor for 600 he could get his car towed to a local place, and get charged there labor and parts rate.

Also Az3ar whats the difference between shipping the motor out and shipping a car, and how is it effected by having another car to drive if his motor is blown?

Scorke
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

what a deal. I would be happy to pay shipping for the deal dave is giving him
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

as long as we have that clear im shipping it to him next week when i get it out!! thanks guys
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:36 PM

After 5 pages of reading, I can tell you what your best option would be: Send it back to Buschur. Worst case scenario, they fix it at NO labor cost to you, all the parts at wholesale prices, and free return shipping. Any local shop will charge you labor out the A$$ and less than favorable prices on replacement parts. There's a chance it might have been a machining or assembly error in which case you're only out the shipping costs.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Also Az3ar whats the difference between shipping the motor out and shipping a car, and how is it effected by having another car to drive if his motor is blown?

Scorke

Hmmm you always need more explanation than others not sure why but you just don’t seem to catch things. To make things simpler for you I will explain them into details and step by step.

1- The owner of the EVO stated that not only he has to spend money on shipping but also to take it apart which will cost him roughly in another ~$600

2- If he ships the whole car to BR and BR takes the motor out and find out that the motor fell because it was his fault then the EVO owner hit 2 birds with one stone as BR cant ask for labor on removing the motor since it was his fault to start with (assuming it was BR fault)

If BR says it’s not his fault then the guy has to pay BR the labor to take engine out and put it in which will roughly cost the same if not less since BR has great labor prices I hear.

Also, the benefit from letting BR have the car is that the guy can sleep at night with out worrying if the short block that he just received from BR(after the fix) is assembled wrong by a shop around his area.

The bottom line is having BR do the job from start to finish is the way to go period as he will further guarantee his job.

Oh and regarding having another car. If he ships his car or his short block does he have another car to drive in that time? Did that need explanation?

I hope that clears it out for you

Last edited by Az3ar; Jun 5, 2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
yes they said the motor can rev to 10k no problem its a 2.0
but for how long?

sure you have a built motor, but some comprimise needs to be made for street driving longevity...

But hey, if you think you can afford frequent motor rebuilds, then a 10k rev limit might work for ya...

Just my $0.02
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Would useing a different bearing help like say the ones from cosworth? Or are all bearing pretty much the same strength?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Event-Horizon
The oil has NOTHING to do with it. It was a mechanical failure. PERIOD.
And how do you know that? Did you take the engine apart to make this Assumption.

Oil could be a factor if the engine was not properly broken in from the begining.

I hope he did not break in the new engine with the 0w30 synthetic.

Last edited by VTECH8TR; Jun 5, 2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry Az3ar I just seem to have trouble understanding some things...

I thought it was clear the only fee he has to pay if he goes through BR is shipping there, and parts, no labor, no extra 600 like you point out in #1.

#2 Buschur said they wouldnt charge labor, but I'll emphasize that twice because you seem to not be able to understand that.

All I was trying to do was show him his options which are, send it out to Buschur and have them fix it for cost(Downsides are maybe cost depending on how close another engine builder would be to him/time if there is a machine shop close that could help him faster).

Blowoffsilver, its up to you but after reading a response like Dave's I don't think anybody could/should be able to talk you out of sending it there again, Dave want's to fix the problem, and is obviously interested/willing to help with your specific situation, I'm hoping for the best!!!

Scorke
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
And how do you know that? Did you take the engine apart to make this Assumption.

Oil could be a factor if the engine was not properly broken in from the begining.

I think he did at some point

To the thread creator. I am not sure why you are confused. BR cant nor any shop guarantee you a free fix until they see the engine other wise it’s not fair for them. As hard it can sound to you it could be couple things that caused this engine to fail starting from over reveing ending with bad assembly. At this point no one knows and your only BEST choice is to trust BR and hope for the best.

good luck
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
I think he did at some point

To the thread creator. I am not sure why you are confused. BR cant nor any shop guarantee you a free fix until they see the engine other wise it’s not fair for them. As hard it can sound to you it could be couple things that caused this engine to fail starting from over reveing ending with bad assembly. At this point no one knows and your only BEST choice is to trust BR and hope for the best.

good luck
thanks for yor input!!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Sorry Az3ar I just seem to have trouble understanding some things...

I thought it was clear the only fee he has to pay if he goes through BR is shipping there, and parts, no labor, no extra 600 like you point out in #1.

#2 Buschur said they wouldnt charge labor, but I'll emphasize that twice because you seem to not be able to understand that.

All I was trying to do was show him his options which are, send it out to Buschur and have them fix it for cost(Downsides are maybe cost depending on how close another engine builder would be to him/time if there is a machine shop close that could help him faster).

Blowoffsilver, its up to you but after reading a response like Dave's I don't think anybody could/should be able to talk you out of sending it there again, Dave want's to fix the problem, and is obviously interested/willing to help with your specific situation, I'm hoping for the best!!!

Scorke
Thats what BR said "If they say I did something wrong, then I cover it. IF they can not determine the cause of the failure, which sometimes is the case, then at the very worst I will fix the engine for MY EXACT COST OF PARTS AND PAY THE SHIPPING BACK TO THE CUSTOMER"

"If they could NOT determine the cause"

What if they did determine the cause and it was not the assembly or the machine shop? then I don’t believe BR is entitled to fix it for free or give him a discount of any kind since its not his fault.

Now remember this is a risk that the owner might take in consideration as his engine might have failed because of other reasons we simply don’t know.

If it was the owner fault then sadly he will most likely pay full price as I don’t see where BR have stated it will be discounted.

Quick Reply: spun rod bearing in buschur motor