Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS Intake Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS Intake Issues

I just bought the AMS VSR with TB and I cannot figure out where to mount the IAC, the MAP sensor, or the the EGR. When I bought this I was told it was a direct swap over. Please help...I am still using stock ECU.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Bump.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

might want to upgrade to an ems if im not mistaken it is recommend
but give eric at ams a call he will help u out for sure
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

WRONG, you dont have to have an ems, eric will definetly help you out, they are all awesome guys.

I have an 8 and everything swapped over correctly.

give them a call or email @ eric@amsperformance.com
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

^^my bad sorry if im WRONG, why dont u tell me how u swapped over correctly i would like to know

Last edited by levo2nr; Jun 8, 2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

i think you lose the iac completely.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

How does your car idle or adapt to turning on the headlights or ac when your car is stopped at idle. I live in a county where I am not allowed the luxury of an AEM or like EMS. I'll call Eric in the am but if you have any pointers until then please send them along so tonight I can still move forward. Much Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
He probably swapped over his stock (or ported stock) throttlebody.. Thats what I did with a Magnus intake.. Give AMS a call, I think they offer a bracket to mount the stock MAP sensor so you can retain it..

The EGR system is the only thing that might give you problems, only if there is no provision for it, you can at least leave the solenoid hooked up.. Everything else is just being creative about running a few vacuum lines..

Being creative is the only requirement for running an aftermarket intake while retaining the stock ECU, don't forget the retune though..
Old Jun 8, 2006, 08:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
WRONG, you dont have to have an ems, eric will definetly help you out, they are all awesome guys.

I have an 8 and everything swapped over correctly.

give them a call or email @ eric@amsperformance.com
Correction^^^^^^^^^^^You will need an AEM if he got the accufab throttle body as all it comes with is the TPS and no IAC.If intake is flanged for the accufab 75mm Throttle body good luck trying to get a Stock Mitsu Throttle body to bolt in place of it as I also have their VSR intake,but is only flanged for the Stock Mitsubishi Throttle body(or bored out Works or Buschur,up to 65mm)and a Accufab will not work with my VSR as I would have to guess the he has just the opposite problem,He wants to retain his factory T-body and sensors and ecu,where I went AEM.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
Correction^^^^^^^^^^^You will need an AEM if he got the accufab throttle body as all it comes with is the TPS and no IAC.If intake is flanged for the accufab 75mm Throttle body good luck trying to get a Stock Mitsu Throttle body to bolt in place of it as I also have their VSR intake,but is only flanged for the Stock Mitsubishi Throttle body(or bored out Works or Buschur,up to 65mm)and a Accufab will not work with my VSR as I would have to guess the he has just the opposite problem,He wants to retain his factory T-body and sensors and ecu,where I went AEM.
hey turbodan did u leave out ur Fuel Pressure Solenoid and just hook up a vac line to the fuel regulator?