Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question About Forge MBC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About Forge MBC

I just installed my Forge MBC, and I am using the soft spring, but I cannot get my boost to go any lower than 17 psi. Any well would be appriciated.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by VIIImylunch
I just installed my Forge MBC, and I am using the soft spring, but I cannot get my boost to go any lower than 17 psi. Any well would be appriciated.
y would you want it lower then 17psi. if you drive an evo it is 19 stock. you will need the stiff spring for anything after 19.

also if i remember right my soft spring went no lower the 15psi when i 1st started to tune it in.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there a reason to go below 17psi? If your have everything installed properly and the minimum is 17psi, then that is not the soft spring. The soft spring set to minimum will give you wastegate pressure, which is 11psi. The stiff spring will start up around 17psi, so maybe you have them backwards. If the boost won't go up or down, then it's not installed properly, or the spring is not seated on the nipple inside the MBC.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

I will double check it today. The only reason I would go below 17psi would be because I am having some major misfire issues that i am trying to sort out when I go over 17psi.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

I have a question.

I purchased a Forge Unos MBC to replace my TurboSmart unit and I didn't get any extra "springs" in the box.

Was I supposed to get different springs?

Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:40 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kapolani
I have a question.

I purchased a Forge Unos MBC to replace my TurboSmart unit and I didn't get any extra "springs" in the box.

Was I supposed to get different springs?

Thanks!
Yeah, it was supposed to have an extra spring just in case the one inside the MBC doesn't provide the boost you want. Mine came with the soft spring preinstalled and it works fine for me as I can get 21psi with it.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, kapolani, it comes with 2 springs unless you bought it from Dynoflash who puts the stiff spring in for you along with greasing and cleaning the inside.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 01:30 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yes, kapolani, it comes with 2 springs unless you bought it from Dynoflash who puts the stiff spring in for you along with greasing and cleaning the inside.
Nah, he puts in the soft spring in now.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Regardless of which one comes pre-installed in your unit (depending on where you purchase it from [we pre-build them with the softer of the two installed]), there should be two springs included with EVERY unit to allow for a wide range of adjustability.

If you do not have two springs, give us a call and we'll be sure that you get the additional one that you need.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Forge
Regardless of which one comes pre-installed in your unit (depending on where you purchase it from [we pre-build them with the softer of the two installed]), there should be two springs included with EVERY unit to allow for a wide range of adjustability.

If you do not have two springs, give us a call and we'll be sure that you get the additional one that you need.
That's what I call service.

I'm not 100% sure that I didn't get the spring - I'm at my gf's house - I'll check when I get home.

Now I'm not so sure... LOL. I bought a lot of stuff, but don't seem to recall that I had one.

I'll be sure to give you a call if I need one.

Thanks for the reply and offer of the missing spring.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 06:36 PM
Account Disabled

when i had the soft spring in i couldnt go over 19 psi....so i have the stiff spring in now....

-nick
Old Jun 11, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Well, the springs changed or the units changed. Back when I got mine, the soft spring couldn't go over 19psi, so we all had to use the stiff spring. Then, a later shipment was causing problems, because people would immediately put in the stiff spring but couldn't turn the boost down any lower than 24-25psi, and their soft spring could go above 19psi easily. The key is to start with the soft spring and turn it up to see if it goes over 20psi. If not, then put in the stiff spring.