Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Magnaflow Ti vs. JIC Ti

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow Ti vs. JIC Ti

I was wondering if the JIC necks down to fit the stock cat like the magnaflow one does? I couldn't find a good pic of the JIC that would show this. Also, if they are made by the same company, or at least that's what everyone says, why is the JIC 8lbs, opposed to the Magnaflow which is 12lbs?
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

you talking catback exhausts? I know for a fact my JIC DP necks down and I would have to double check the catback, but I am almost sure it necks down as well. I have the SS version though.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck finding the Magnaflow Ti system as it has been discontinued for some time now. I called around for two days trying to track one down...and that was two weeks ago. As I understand it, it wasn't selling too well, plus the price was up in the air...no consistancy. I saw prices ranging from 640 to 1000. I guess Magnaflow is very strict, as they want all their vendors to be pretty close with the price of their exhausts...or else they get the axe. I ended up going with the Magnaflow #16659...$400 including shipping. The design is the same as the Ti, just s/s instead. It replaced my JIC s/s exhaust, only because I tried to straddle some road kill and it jacked the exhaust to the point that I ended up dragging the exhaust for a little bit...it flatten part of the slip joint and it was definitely louder...so now the JIC sits in the basement beside the stock exhaust. Good luck with your search.

Dennis
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

dont tell anyone but JIC made all the MagnaFlow Ti systems...you buy a JIC system it's the same exact thing...with the taper at the neck and just a different stamp on the tip!
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:40 AM

I have the Full JIC Titanium and can post pics this weekend since I'll be under the hood. Just hit me up if I forget.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doesnt greddy make a TI exhaust
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, however...I have a Magnaflow Ti catback system on my car which has a JDM rear bumper. and I find that I´m having to play around with the muffler tip and the brackets and hangers to get it to exit the cutaway in the bumper just right. In fact, since it exits at an angle, it wants to make contact either on the inner or outer edge of the cutaway in the bumper.

Originally, when I first installed it with the OEM hangers from my stock exhaust it hung down way low. Then, I installed it with Kartboy hangers and now it rides a lot higher. I guess my question is whether anyone else with this system has had to tweak and fidget with their Magnaflow catback to get it to fit just right?

In fact, I am avoiding going out to the garage again to get under the car to wrestle with the thing once more. But, it sure sounds nice with the gutted cat, the Ebay SSAC O2 housing, and the 280 cams.

Last edited by sparky; Jun 15, 2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nikkadanny
doesnt greddy make a TI exhaust
Yes. And I believe it does not neck down at the cat.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

umm, FYI to anyone who says the greddy neckdowns - the greddy necks "down" to 3" at the cat. Its a 3.2" system, so I don't consider the greddy a neckdown at all.