Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Aftermarket Fuel Rails: Perrin vs. Agency Power?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
bigger as in the inner diameter - if its the same size as stock, it can only flow as much fuel as stock
I'm not 100% sure about the AMS or the Agency Power units because I couldn't find detailed specs listed, but here is what Perrin has written for their rail:

Originally Posted by Perrin
The PERRIN™ fuel rail center bore is .632" compared to the stock .192" bore. The PERRIN™ fuel rail increases overall volume by 25% pushing 125ml preventing injector pulse lean conditions and support even the highest flowing fuel injectors.
And, if you really want to go hardcore, Magnus offers -10 fuel rails.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 05:45 AM
Account Disabled

go for the AMS rail..it is predrilled for an FPR gauge, or you can go for this:

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ne&prodid=1317
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Personally I hate running other companies logos. This is why I choose the ATP fuel rail.

Evo 8 Billet Fuel Rail system. Fully configurable fuel rail system designed for all possible combinations of use including, stock regulator and lines via adapters provided, aftermarket Aeromotive style FPR use via 1/2 NPT port for up -6 AN to -10 AN feed and return using steel braided or pro stock lines. Comes with billet brackets, gauge port, EVO 8 machined and Polished to a mirror finish. Largest inside diameter, highest flowing, most modular and well built EVO8 fuel rail on the market!
Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bolsen
Personally I hate running other companies logos. This is why I choose the ATP fuel rail.

I agree. That looks sweet. I might go for this one. Not too bad on the price too. Thanks bolsen!
Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

I'll second the notion that upgrading the fuel system excessively or prematurely is never a bad thing. I listened to all the people that said the 255 pump has run 10s on so and so's car, etc, and it cost me a motor. Different setups require different amounts of fuel to get the job done. Rather than wait for a blown motor to tell me the 255 was too small, I should have upgraded sooner. With the EVO, the stock pump was keepng up with my demands, but barely according to the math, so I upgraded to a 255 and an aeromotive reg with a 3/8ths return to the tank. Naturally I saw no performance gain from this, but does that mean it was a waste of money? Not at all. It's cheap insurance.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Good point, but here we are advising someone with a stock turbo, which is a far cry from anything that can stress a 255 lph pump.

On the other hand, were we speaking of a GT35R setup that was truly capable of 550+ whp, then a single 255 lph shouldn't be expected to be sufficient.

There's a big difference in 'insurance needs' between a 10 second car and a 12 second car.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
Good point, but here we are advising someone with a stock turbo, which is a far cry from anything that can stress a 255 lph pump.

On the other hand, were we speaking of a GT35R setup that was truly capable of 550+ whp, then a single 255 lph shouldn't be expected to be sufficient.

There's a big difference in 'insurance needs' between a 10 second car and a 12 second car.
Well, I was thinking of a 20G with meth injection in the future. It's not too much bigger, I know. What do you guys think? I still need a clean install for a fuel pressure gauge, mind you.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOgasmIX
Well, I was thinking of a 20G
That is once more is known about how it fares against the stock IX turbo. I wish this would get figured out. I want to run around 2.0 bars with meth.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 01:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOgasmIX
What do you guys think? I still need a clean install for a fuel pressure gauge, mind you.
It changes nothing. Reconsider the reasons if/when you surpass 550whp. Until then, the fuel rail serves you as a mounting point for a fuel pressure gauge.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B

I do agree with you here. I think I am just now overly paranoid and go big on the fuel system whenever the oppurtunity arises A clean install for a pressure sender, or a tap off point for a nitrous kit, etc, would be more than enough to get me to buy an upgraded fuel rail.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

where can purcase this?

thanks

Originally Posted by bolsen

Old Jul 19, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by talentsearch301
where can purcase this?

thanks
www.vwturbo.com
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

I have seen both the Perrin and the Agency Power rails on cars. Regardless of if they are needed or not, I liked the Agency Power one a lot, and they have some pretty cool colors also, if that matters to you.
Mitch