Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

blown engine

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was this shop local here? If so pm me who it is so I can stay away.

Originally Posted by ninjadoc
Yes. I haven't been near the car in two months. They will rebuild it. They paln on using the rods and pistons from the engine, turn the crank and replace all the bearings. I pay for the gaskets, the bearings, and any machine work. I also told them i was good up to $500, if any more we had to discuss it. I jad an Inovate LC-1 with an XD-1 in the car hooked up to an AEM. They melted it on the dyno; I guess they don't have enough air blowing on the engine. They replaced the wideband but I guess they didn't go through the wiring. I have one of the accessory wiring harnesses and they say one plug was not connected and something else. So, the shop wants to blame my wiring for the detonation that trashed the bearings. I don't buy that but if I throw a fit and can see me getting totally screwed. The shop will provide all labor( it has been one thing after another) and the former owner of the car is supplying his expertise too. I'm sure it'll tack on another $1000 but in general i guess I'm coming out better than most expect. As we all know life ain't fair!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew about these parts: any modifications to the emissions systems is considered illegal, regardless or CARB certification. This would include intake manifolds, catalytic converters, etc...

The engine management part I hadn't fully thought out.

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
That's only true for California. For the rest of the US any modifications to the emissions systems is considered illegal, regardless or CARB certification. This would include intake manifolds, catalytic converters, non-OBD-II compliant engine management, EGR modifications, etc...

l8r)