Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Who running a HPF FMIC?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006 | 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Who's running a HPF FMIC?

Anyone out there with dyno data verifying the peromnace of this fmic?

For those of you using this fmic, how is:

fit:?

performace gain/loss impressions:?

boost spool-up later, same, sooner?

I searhced & only saw 1 person saying they like theirs, but that was a unsolicited posting.

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Our kit is brand new and we have yet to even release it on EvoM. There are already a few who've purchased the kit as an add-on with our lower piping special but it's definitely the awesome sleeper in the market right now. The sleeper part will change shortly

Tom
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 03:55 PM
Former Sponsor

top, who makes the core for your fmic?
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WOT
top, who makes the core for your fmic?
It is bar and plate core and this particular unit has less than 1 psi pressure drop almost all the way up to its full capacity. We buy core in bulk and cut and build to size per application. The Evo is just one of the many different cars for which we design kits.

Tom
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Dimensions? Flow rate?

A BIG BUMP for an awesome vendor. These guys have great customer service and their piping kit rocks!
Old Jun 29, 2006 | 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nigletsyz
Dimensions? Flow rate?

A BIG BUMP for an awesome vendor. These guys have great customer service and their piping kit rocks!
The current unit has a core that is 26"x11.5"x3" and will flow 1120CFM, enough for 750whp+. We are redesigning it to include cast end tanks and a bit thicker core and it will get a full release and promotion at that point. This original version with hand-fabbed endtanks is the one on my Evo. With the HorsepowerFreaks upper and lower piping kits I noticed a few hundred RPM better spool on the stock turbo due both to the efficiency of the core and the 22" that our upper and lower piping kit is shorter than the stock piping. Here is a shot of the kit on my car and what's included in our complete intercooler kit package. We'd originally used a modified stock turbo outlet pipe but the kit no longer requires it due to redesign. I'll be sure to post up all info on these when the cast tank unit is complete! If you'd like this kit, the intercooler alone is only $589 shipped to your front door

Tom

Last edited by HPF Tom; Jun 29, 2006 at 08:29 AM.