Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Most WHP on Pump Gas 93/94 Octane

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Good ideas/suggestions. If say after the next 2 weeks we have a good idea of what the most common range of turbos make on pump lets go ahead and make another one with race gas, then meth, and be done with it, for now I am only interested in pump gas numbers.

To me the numbers that your car puts down on straight ol' pump gas is the most important, as I cannot live with paying 8 bucks a gallon for whatever race gas, and do not want to run the risk of grenading a motor due to a faulty alcohol injection setup.

TurboSpoolinIns- I did not throw the 40 or 42 or 45R on there because if you have one of those turbos and are running it on pump gas you either deserve to be shot or will never run it on pump gas again, if somebody does post up there numbers with those turbo's I will add it.

Scorke

p.s. this thread is not limited to the turbos on the inital post, any snail you want as long as you have the info that is nec. to help out is fine. I would just like to have a good resource for what the maximum potential for each of these turbo's is, on pump, on our cars.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

^ You should remove your middle paragraph there about why you dont like racegas/injection because it is just personal opinion. I see what you're saying, but this thread is going to turn into a why racegas/injection systems aren't bad for your car.

And this is to good of a thread to ruin.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

I'm patiently awaiting a 2.4L setup with ported head, 272 cams, 880 injectors, BB 50 trim and a laundry list of other goodies that I'll be tuning on 93 octane. If this thread is still alive in a month or so, I'll be sure to post up
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KOEvo
^ You should remove your middle paragraph there about why you dont like racegas/injection because it is just personal opinion. I see what you're saying, but this thread is going to turn into a why racegas/injection systems aren't bad for your car.

And this is to good of a thread to ruin.
He should leave it.

I completely agree with what he said, and thats part of why this thread is important to alot of people. There are enough of us with the same concerns, who want to know the potential of these cars on straight pump gas.

We are not here to argue the merits of race gas or meth/alky.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

^ Thanks Dex and you hit the nail on the head.

Scorke
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
FWIW, the Dynapak readings I've seen tended to be on part with a Dynojet or even higher - with stock EVO 8s coming in at 245-250whp or so. Unfortunately, the Dynapack gives the least consistent, repeatable numbers of any brand of modern dyno I've seen to date.

Get that car to the local Dynojet you mentioned.
This particular Dynopak seems to read lower as the HP of your car increases (maybe all Dynapaks do that). I put down 450whp at 28psi on the Dynapak and went to my local Dynojet with the same tune (flip of the swithc on the XEDE), psi (with a boost leak at the DV) and put down ~485whp @6000rpm. Another guy who dyno'd, the same day at both dyno's with me, put down 300whp on both.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
td06h-20g, stock intercooler, stock longblock, 93 octane

397hp/343ft-lbs TurboTrix Dynojet
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks, for those of you who have contributed so far can you pm/post up what boost you were running.

Scorke
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

It would be interesting also to state the tuner, or shop. Although this can lead to flaming latter on.

Nice thread.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah again, that sort of information is irrelevant, being that I believe that any tuner should really be able achieve similar results given the same setup unless they are truely incompetent.

One thing that I have noticed already and am hoping it's not due to anything besides good tuning/parts/a combination of things is lots of these results are coming from one particular dyno...

Scorke
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jj_008
This particular Dynopak seems to read lower as the HP of your car increases (maybe all Dynapaks do that). I put down 450whp at 28psi on the Dynapak and went to my local Dynojet with the same tune (flip of the swithc on the XEDE), psi (with a boost leak at the DV) and put down ~485whp @6000rpm. Another guy who dyno'd, the same day at both dyno's with me, put down 300whp on both.
I agree with this. I have seen cars put down more hp on a local dynojet then they did on a dyno pack.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
FWIW, the Dynapak readings I've seen tended to be on part with a Dynojet or even higher - with stock EVO 8s coming in at 245-250whp or so. Unfortunately, the Dynapack gives the least consistent, repeatable numbers of any brand of modern dyno I've seen to date.

Get that car to the local Dynojet you mentioned.
I belive I dyno'd my '04 on the same Dynapack as jj_008 when it was bone stock, and it came out to 225 AWHP, which I thought was pretty accurate. If Dynapacks read high, I don't think they're THAT high. Actually I think they are relatively accurate, but it may be worth comparing #s from a dynapack to a dynojet and so forth.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

tom (soon2bevo) was dynoed on Pruven's dynojet, not TT's.....if that makes a difference to anyone....
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellowEVO21
tom (soon2bevo) was dynoed on Pruven's dynojet, not TT's.....if that makes a difference to anyone....
just kiddin pal, thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

^ Was yellow evo wrong or am I missing a joke lol?

Scorke

Quick Reply: Most WHP on Pump Gas 93/94 Octane