Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Problems...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeller
Yeah, its just wierd how about 2-3 days after a track day it happens.
and there is 5 other evos out there without ever having an issue and drive wayyy more.

pumps only a year old, I could see if it was much older.

Jeller

Jeller buddy!!!!!!!!!

I finally got mine fixed, and you should probably check this out as well.

Mine was an intermittent failure of the ABS sensors, since the system uses those sensors as input for the ACD system. Other sensors to check are the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) and the G-Force sensors as all of them provide input to the system.

You can call me if you want, I went through the entire system diagnosing everything until EVOScan lead me to believe it was a bad ABS sensor, as when I was logging the sensors it was showing that one was not working correctly. I confirmed it with a Mitsu scan tool that the dealer let me borrow for a quick spin aroudn the block. It confirmed that the ABS sensor was not working correctly.

Glad mine is 100% again...
Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:54 PM

make sure u check ur fuses
Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

im in the middle o a clutch install i never took the like to the t case off so i wouldent have to bleed it i hope im alright when the car starts up
Old Jun 27, 2007, 02:29 PM
pam

Originally Posted by mifesto
honestly i feel no pity for you.... you hit the track and you overheat the ACD somehow.... i dont know maybe you run different sized tires/wheels? maybe u set it not as tarmac but gravel/snow and beat the **** out of it? i dont know for sure but then u RETURN to the track. now u got it again? good for you, hope you sell your evo lol

The problem comes from a pump, not from the diff !

It's only a hydraulic pump, like for the brakes on some cars. It only makes pressure in a can and maintains 16 to 20 bar.

With different sized tires, the ACD discs could burn, not the pump. And the system is protected against that, when the speed sensors are detecting a speed difference during a too long time.

It's like telling that using the A/C or the steering whell too much will break these elements...

Using the Evo on snow or on gravel (on the road, not the ACD choice !) would have the same effect. Did you know that when you press the gas pedal, the ACD locks ? So, you could say that we should not accelerate too often...

Sorry, but it's a problem of conception, molding, aluminium alloy, or machining. Not of using too much or too hard the car. Look at the cracks I've found... A friend of mine has to replace his pump assy, with the same cracks, and the car NEVER went on track.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tkklemann
Jeller buddy!!!!!!!!!

I finally got mine fixed, and you should probably check this out as well.

Mine was an intermittent failure of the ABS sensors, since the system uses those sensors as input for the ACD system. Other sensors to check are the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) and the G-Force sensors as all of them provide input to the system.

You can call me if you want, I went through the entire system diagnosing everything until EVOScan lead me to believe it was a bad ABS sensor, as when I was logging the sensors it was showing that one was not working correctly. I confirmed it with a Mitsu scan tool that the dealer let me borrow for a quick spin aroudn the block. It confirmed that the ABS sensor was not working correctly.

Glad mine is 100% again...
Thanks for the info, and even better to hear from you man. Hope all is well.

I have been driving the car the past 2 days and it has gone on and off here and there. Seems to have no ryme or reason to it. I will be working on the car this weekend, I will call you on friday or sat. to chat somemore. Thanks

Jeller

Last edited by Jeller; Jun 28, 2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo-cor
make sure u check ur fuses
I will do this also. Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2007, 03:56 PM
pam

Thumbs up

That's a good new
Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, how scary...mine have been going on for a while...took it to the mitsu dealer but didn't find anything...how long can i drive w/ the acd lights on?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldnt drive too far if any. Go to another dealer until it gets fixed or call some independent shops in your area, its not unlikely you will find more skilled technicians in your independent shops over a dealership.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:26 AM

ACD Lights

All 3 lights are lit on my ACD display. I have an 05 MR and had to drive it 500 miles back to get back home, so I hope no damage was done. Called the service department and asked if driving like that is a problem and they said they didn't know...

The car is bone stock, with no track time. Happened at 32,000 miles on the odo. All service intervals have been kept and the car has not been abused, so this is a Mitsu problem, not an owner's fault. Goes to the dealer on Monday and is under warranty, so we'll see what happens.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Update 8-1-07

Update:

Had the car into the dealer while I was on my honeymoon. Got home today and they said it was ready. Dealer put in a NEW ACD PUMP AGAIN but i am really concerned as to what is the actual cause of the failing acd pump? 2 pumps under 1 years time......

Heading out the the track again later this week, lets see how long this one holds up

Jeller
Old Aug 1, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, all these ACD problem threads make me glad I have a good ol fashioned mechanical center diff =)
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

just got back from the dealer...acd is done and needs to be replaced!...can't get it fixed til next week! how the heck can this happen at 30K? i don't even race it!!!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akemi27
just got back from the dealer...acd is done and needs to be replaced!...can't get it fixed til next week! how the heck can this happen at 30K? i don't even race it!!!

Sounds like your having the same issues as I am. Good Luck. BTW the price on the pump from the warranty paperwork is about $2K plus some labor to install.

I am concerned as to why this pump keeps failing and what happens when I am out of warranty.........

So far so good with my 2nd new pump. Track was a blast and everything has been fine thus far. (crosses fingers).

thanks for the update.

Jeller
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeller
Sounds like your having the same issues as I am. Good Luck. BTW the price on the pump from the warranty paperwork is about $2K plus some labor to install.

thanks for the update.

Jeller
so, the acd is warranty covered? 2K yikes!!! i would've thought it was a wear and tear sort of thing

Quick Reply: ACD Problems...