Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Problems...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeller
Sounds like your having the same issues as I am. Good Luck. BTW the price on the pump from the warranty paperwork is about $2K plus some labor to install.

I am concerned as to why this pump keeps failing and what happens when I am out of warranty.........

So far so good with my 2nd new pump. Track was a blast and everything has been fine thus far. (crosses fingers).

thanks for the update.

Jeller
It is an electric motor .. what do you expect if the motor works almost all the time?? The brushes will wear off eventually ..

Gotta ask yourself what kind of driving pattern do you go through everyday ??
The worst kind of conditions for the ACD is actually traffic light launch, slow down and accelerate types ..

The stupid thing is .. these wear items are not replaceable .. you gotta fork out $$$ to replace the entire assembly when it's only certain things inside that needs replacement ..
Old Aug 10, 2007, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gunzo
It is an electric motor .. what do you expect if the motor works almost all the time?? The brushes will wear off eventually ..

Gotta ask yourself what kind of driving pattern do you go through everyday ??
The worst kind of conditions for the ACD is actually traffic light launch, slow down and accelerate types ..

The stupid thing is .. these wear items are not replaceable .. you gotta fork out $$$ to replace the entire assembly when it's only certain things inside that needs replacement ..
I understand the part. What I am let down about is that its a part that has lasted only about 20-25k miles for me thus far. That in my opinion is a let down. and the fact that its about a $2,000 part is not good It would be great if the part was serviceable, I agree.

I have a 2005 with the 10 year 100,000 on the powertrain, does anyone know for sure if the ACD pump classifies as "powertrain components" ?

Thanks

Jeller
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, finally got my acd replaced - under warranty...dealer i took it to couldn't believe the part was worth 2K!!! sucks that i had to drive the evo w/ my acd in failure for about 3K mileage...my warranty runs out @ 50K (2nd owner), so I hope it stays good for a while
Old Sep 21, 2007, 04:54 AM

warranty only runs till 50K for 2nd owner? what crap is that? it should maintain factory warranty owner to owner until the age or mileage runs out.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 05:17 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AltezzaBob
warranty only runs till 50K for 2nd owner? what crap is that? it should maintain factory warranty owner to owner until the age or mileage runs out.
compared to the IS300 which is only up to 50K or 4 years whichever comes first?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pam
Hi everbody, I live in Switzerland, Europe.
We are 3 friends, Evo VII owners (and lovers), to have the same problem : when it's hot outside (30°C, 86°F), the 3 lights come on...
MUT II says "pump failure".
I made some tries, in fact the max pressure is down to 11-12 bar, and should be at 16 or more.
After some researchs, here is what I've found :

Here in Switzerland the pump is sold at 4'500 CHF, about 3600$, 2000 GBP, 3000 Euros...
I've foud a new one at www.japancars.com, exactly half the price, all included (port, insurance, customs, ...) !!!

Jeller, how much did your pump cost, do you know it ?
Other people, do you know the price of the pump ?

of Switzerland :

Can u send a complet photo ???
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have always the 3Lights ON ... im really thinkin if i have to change the ACD PUMP ... In my country it cost tooo much $$$, i check already the Fluid of the AYC she is FULL enven Brake fluid is full, i have to check or its a FUSE or Reset the car by taking off the POSITIVE Cable ... IF not, im 100% Sure that its the Pump but the weird that when i turn on the car the light is only on TARMAC after w few seconds the 3 Lights appear ... any more idea or info ???

P.S The Brake fluid of the ACD AYC is on the left when u open the trunk no ???
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

You can manually diagnose the trouble code. Simply when the 3 lights come one, take a wire and put it into pin 1 of the OBD connector (top left) and ground it. Count the amount of times the light blinks and it will give a code.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Contact jannybravo for the code readout.