Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Problems...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD Problems...

Recently the all 3 lights for the ACD have come on.

It came on and went away over the course of a day or so here and there, not every time I got in but 50% of the time While I was waiting to get into the dealer.

Took the car into the dealer and had them take a look at it. Their response was " well the pump is working, we reset the acd and it still is causing a code come up saying the pump is not operating. So we think it is in the wire harnes"

My response was "wire harness? which one?"

Their response "anywhere throughout the car, we dont really know, but we think it is electrical."

Now this conviently started about 1 week after I attended a track day, In which I bled the brakes the day before and intalled new ferrodo pads. I am not sure if its related to putting the car through its paces at the track, but just thought I would present all the info I have.

I do notice that lots of guys have problems after installing a clutch, with the lights then coming on, and the ACD system needing to be re-bled.
Could this be the case here or is there indeed a possible electical problem (switch, wiring and etc...)?

I am just looking for some one with a comparible experience possibly or any insight at all.

Thanks in advance

Jeller
Old Jul 6, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would change the tc oil and have it re-bled. Don't drive the car around if all three lights are on it could get expensive.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Bump.

Nobody else ever have this issue?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

search, I swear I have seen this issue come up 2 or 3 times.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same exact thing happened to me. The dealer ended up changing my pump, problem solved. I had never herad or this happening before
Old Jul 7, 2006, 04:12 PM

Happened to me and it was just a fuse...not sure which one but check the easiest things first before you fix the pump...
Old Jul 7, 2006, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

check the resovoir (sp) level. if it drops below the low level mark on the bottle all the lights will come on. it is located right behind your drivers side head light. i use castrol ATF. good luck.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
same exact thing happened to me. The dealer ended up changing my pump, problem solved. I had never herad or this happening before
Okay thanks, I checked all the fuses and none are blown taking it back into the dealer hopefully on Tues. They say its an electrical problem..... I am guessing the pump has **** the bed or something...

Thanks and bump for any more info/ideas

Jeller
Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE:

Car has been at the dealer for the past 2 days. They have not figured out anything. They are not happy with the gauges in the car (defi BF's) and the aftermarket radio and exhasut. But they did not really care about the exhaust and knew it would not hinder the acd issue.

A factory rep was there today working with the Mechanics and they were working with the tech. Line out of cali trying to figure it out... and still nothing.

They want me to take out my guages and radio to eliminate any possible problems and return the car to exactly stock and diagnose from there.

So it will be going back into the shop agggaaaiiinnnn.

I will update agian when I find out more...
Wish me luck
Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

No gauge would interfere with that, neither would the radio. Tell them to actually do some work and quit trying to make excuses. What gauges do you have BTW? I am assuming nothing that remotely deals with your ACD so not following their logic on that one.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05WhiteEVO8
No gauge would interfere with that, neither would the radio. Tell them to actually do some work and quit trying to make excuses. What gauges do you have BTW? I am assuming nothing that remotely deals with your ACD so not following their logic on that one.
I completly agree but they think its an electrical problem of some sort and since the gauges are aftermarket and thus is the radio, they want them out. Thats fine, not a problem, still a PITA though. I have Defi BF's.

I have a feeling that its not electrical, but more than likely the pump-related...
I will update when I get it back in next week.

Chris
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE:

Dealer has replaced my ACD Pump. It was not a cheap item covered under warranty of course

I have had the car back for 2 days now and everything is fine thus far

Just thought I would update for anyone else in the future that may need help. I have only heard of one other person that has had this failure.

Jeller

Last edited by Jeller; Aug 2, 2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn they replaced the entire unit? crazy... Did you do anything else specific before the issue came up or are you really hard on the drivetrain?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think he means ACD ECU. You need to be more descriptive.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I think he means ACD ECU. You need to be more descriptive.

Sorry, I mean the ACD PUMP. Fixed it ^

Quick Reply: ACD Problems...