Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

stumped on exhaust for my 9 mr

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stumped on exhaust for my 9 mr

Alright here's the dilema, Just got my 9 mr gg last thursday. Like many of you, I want to start modding this thing. I have done alot of research on the exhaust systems for the evo's. I am debating over the buschur, vishnu, blitz, ams, turbo xs, and espelier. I def. would like a turbo back for the most gains. From what I have read buschur is supposed to be the best exhaust out there for our cars. But to be honest I do not like the tip, it is to small for me. I dont want a rice tip, just something of the tip for the buschur isn't doing it for me. I also want something that will not flash a cel. I know perrin has a cel elimintaor, which I am not sure how this really works, can you help me out on this issue please! When it comes to buy parts for my evo I don't want to buy something cheaper and sacrafice the quality and gains, sound etc. I would rather buy a top of the line exhaust that is semi- loud, really deep, and not raspy. I saw on the buschur site they now have a v-band turbo back, now that has something to do with hangers right, is that exhaust able to swap out a testpipe, to a high flow easily? Any suggestion, or help would be greatly appreciated, btw any of you have an ams sound clip, the only one I found is not working.
thanks guys and girls
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
have you checked out the jun BL? i love that exhaust and buschur sells it also, there's a sound clip on here somewhere. as far as the CEL with a test pipe, it's very easy to bypass with a mechanical or electrical fix. i prefer mechanical, seems to be more effective and requires no cutting of wires, just threads in between the exhaust and 02.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

here's the link
http://www.buschurracing.com/video/JUNBL.wmv
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:56 PM

the video says it is a catback, do they make this in a turbo back version?

any other suggestions anyone
Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

all you need is some spark plug antifoulers
to get rid of a cel light
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The CEL is going to happen no matter what, but that is not a problem. We all work arond it with a CEL fix - there are several options there. Also, the BR TBE comes with one automatically, so you don't have to worry about it. The Buschur V-band is just like the regular exhaust, except that it has the awesome v-band connectors (no, not hangers) that allow for quick-release instead of using normal flanges or being slip fit. You definitely can use this to quickly drop out the test pipe and put in a cat, if necessary.

You've seen the new Bullet muffler on the BR TBE's? You don't like that tip? Or were you talking about the old style muffler?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

i have the buschur on my car currently. i wouldn't really reccomend this exhaust. i got it for a really good deal thats why i still got it. it makes great power dont get me wrong, and its light. i just dont really like it. my personal opinion.

The question is how much money do u wanna spend on ur turboback? Theres some really nice exhaust's out there.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

If I had a brand new IX Id buy either the TurboXS or the JUN BL. Both systems look and sound phenomenal and quality/fitment is topnotch.

I myself have Helix, but thats because I am broke, and Helix is just flat out nasty sounding, which I love so much.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

you should also consider the megan racing exhaust....its priced very well and is 3" all the way through
Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

I had the Vishnu on my 03 and now have the AMS on my 06. Both are very nice, and diferent sounding exhaughsts.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newbie06
the video says it is a catback, do they make this in a turbo back version?

any other suggestions anyone
it is just a catback. then i'd get a 3" catdelete for $75 and a 3" megan racing downpipe(specifically for 05+)for another $150 and you have a 3" turboback for around $800-$850 that's full stainless and looks/sounds awesome.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the JunBl catback on my evo 9 sounds deeper than my 03 with the full tbe and cat delete.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Buy the Buschur tbe its the lightest, most proven hp gains- and the downpipe fits the IX MR perfectly....who cares about looks- perfomance is what its all about, and imo the tip looks almost like the stock exhaut tip-stealth.

Last edited by triple6; Jul 8, 2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
exhaust

I was sold on the BR TBE, but have been hearing a lot of complaints lately about exhaust leaks (on downpipe).

The Jun BL seems like a good deal (not great) because it is onlt cat back (I have no idea why they did not bother to design a downpipe...)

There are a few good packages -- Warrtalon / Buschur (exhaust, flash, etc.) & another from TTP -- that you may want to consider...
Old Jul 8, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

anyone got the link to the post with all the dp that fit evo 9, i get some eror when i search >_<

Quick Reply: stumped on exhaust for my 9 mr