Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which TURBO!! Slowboy, RNR,Shearer,Buschur

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say our kits are super high quality and priced perfect. They fit very well and perform as advertised. We are often running sales or group buys that make them very attractive. We offer a lifetime warranty on the manifolds and have sold close to 300 units. I would say we have probably sold as many kits as any other EVOM member and have a ton of satisfied customers all over the world. Anyway enough about us as you already know who I would recommend.

Warr, is the biggest hater in the world. If anyone does a search on here you will see he goes into every thread and bashes us on a daily basis. I am waiting for the day when he gets kicked off the forums again. He also goes around sending PM's to potential customers spreading lies. I really don't know why, but I guess he doesn't have anything better to do. The guy has never done business with us, but I guess he enjoys hating for no reason. I would hate to have this guy representing my company like Buschur does, but maybe Dave doesn't know how he acts.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

RNR kits are well put together, thier manifolds are beautiful and built A1...Myself & my friends all bought their kits from them, all fit no problem...powerwise they're making:

RnR GT35r 510whp @ 28psi (Race Gas, bigger 4" think FMIC, HKS 272, AEM)
RnR GT35r 360whp @ 17psi (AFC, totally stock ecu no flash, HKS 264/272, bigger FMIC, 91 oct.)
RnR GT30r 330whp @ 20psi (Autronic, HKS 264/272, bigger FMIC, 91 oct.)

Delivery time is terrible though..but you live close so I would tell you to seriously consider them, as you can go their and kick ***...you should be able to get it quicker.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

We have gotten way better on delivery times. We have since had a couple more fabricaters and tried to take on less car work at the same time. We recently shipped 2 complete turbo kits within 3 days of ordering.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Ryan

Sorry this may be off topic but...

Ryan, have to agree with your post about 'Warr' I don't know him & don't want. When I read Warr's posts he always unneccesarily bashes everybody tuners and evom.net members about their stuff, can't just say good job...nice setup...he's just gotta fine the 'fault' in their stuff. The only time it's done right is when it done by Buschur or Dynoflash LOL...It pains me to read his posts...he needs to chill and stop the bashing members and other tuners!

RnR make good products, they are very reliable and performs well. RnR has good customer serivce they do try and go the extra mile...they offer good deals to suit the young persons pocket!!

This is just my opinion though....
Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JMB8606
so on the slowboy kit the stock heatshield will fit over the mani
yes just weld the bolts on of the right thread and pitch. the heat shield will cover it up.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Cant say for any other kit, but i love my sbr gt35r. nice spool up with .63 and ar 70 combo. routed wg dump so i dont kicked out of the late night drags for noise. my last dyno was on pump gas dynoflash tune.
these may not be exact it been so long on the pump
92 oct 21 psi max= 366hp/325 tq
110 oct 27 psi max = 441hp/372 tq

up next meth kit / arp rod bolts / dyno tuned on meth for 28 psi= hopefully 500 whp
good luck with with any choice ya make. they are pretty much the same IMO. if you do a search for sbr you will find some of posts.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Pics of the RRE turbo kit

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/gtkit/

http://socalevo.net/gallery/displayi...bum=71&pos=315
http://socalevo.net/gallery/displayi...bum=71&pos=316
http://socalevo.net/gallery/displayi...bum=71&pos=318
http://socalevo.net/gallery/displayi...bum=71&pos=317

Thank You
Old Jul 17, 2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Buschur or Shearer for the most proven and reliable kits. Slowboy is good to go, but there just aren't many Evos out there with their stuff, since they are newer to the Evo fabrication game. I recommend avoiding all RNR products.

Are you sure you want a 3076? It is a good turbo, yes, but I wasn't sure if you were open to other suggestions or had a specific goal in mind...
I agree to the most part but slowboy has been in the 4g63 game long enough to know what theyr are doing and i love the HAfe mani and o2 they use with there kits i think they got the best kit for the price out there right now

same with warr y 3076 wat are your goals i think the 50trim bb is the better turbo in that range
Old Jul 17, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Warrtalon just parrots what other people tell him and he acts like it is his knowledge. He has 0 experience with Turbo kits IDK he is inputting plus he left out AMS which is probably EvoM's most celebrated turbo kit despite being very expensive.

Hey Ryan, your RNR kits, did you ever offer them with the 3037? How do the compair to the 3076R? If they were from PTE and came with a 5 bolt housing did they come with .48 or only .63? Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

As I posted in a different thread,

We have many customers with street cars making impressive # with our 35r kit on gas, and no nitrous, 668 and 640 awph just as examples. Our manifolds are also run by some of the fastest in the professional drag racing circuit such as Big Al@Dynoflash, Darryl Hudson, Showdown Motorsports, Sean Ivey, Yusuf Begic, Adam from DEVO tuning just to name a few.

This coupled with our Lifetime Warranty and makes it easy decision. Just some facts to consider.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

i would have to say buschur fp3065 kit is the way to go. i want one so bad, and if i had not already put the 20g-9-5 in, i would have one.

as for RNR, the only thing that i have seen is costomer service complaints. other than that i have nothing against them.

slowboy, good stuff but expensive.

shearer, great stuff period.

if u want a reliable kit, thats a decent price, i would go with buschur hands down.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

If youre looking for 400whp on pump (91), Id definitely check out the 50trim.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey Tom I believe that Turbo Trixx yanked out 450WHP on pump with their 50Trim but on average 420WHP atleast on pump.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Hey Tom I believe that Turbo Trixx yanked out 450WHP on pump with their 50Trim but on average 420WHP atleast on pump.
Yeah which is why I suggested it to this kind fellow. Although they made that much power, this guy has to deal with **** 91 octane, but still, I think 400whp should be attiainable.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 02:27 PM
Account Disabled

Just for fun......

Once we are through with all of our bolt on dyno testing (which I will start a thread soon so you can see results) I will be throwing a Hafe manifold kit on my own car with a Borg Warner extended tip 50 trim... they say it will out perform GT3076 at same boost pressure, I am skeptical... but the world will soon know!

If I were a consumer, I would be very confused.... so many good kits, so many good vendors, I would just suggest calling everyone that sponsors the forum and make the best decision for you!

Mike Huml