Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Oil Pressure Sender Relocation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oil Pressure Sender Relocation

Well I had an idea. Installing a turbo kit in my friends rsx gave me an idea. He had to use the greddy block adapter to run lines for oil. With one port, he ran a stainless line to the stewart warner oil pressure sender which he mounted on the firewall. His readings are dead on and consistent. Mine are terrible (I have the stewart warner gauges as well).

My sender is mounted in the blank plug near the filter. In that spot, the sender hangs low and has basically crapped out due to road salt and rust and stuff. I was thinking of removing the sender and running a stainless line and mounting a new sender out of harms way like he did. What do you guys think? Is this even safe? I just don't want to replace the sender every year. It will also keep the connection from getting corroded and give the sender a great ground (pending I use a metal bracket to secure it to the firewall).
Old Jul 18, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

anyone?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are actually supposed to remote mount oil pressure senders.

They live a short life when mounted directly to the engine, such as on the oil filter housing.

Autometers are especially known for crapping out without remote mounting.

The only trouble it can be is routing the stainless line, and finding a suitable mounting location/solution for the sender.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

yeah. i know autometers have had problems. i've read about people with the stewart warner one (same as me) having problems too. i'm going to do it. friend of mine has a 3ft -4AN ss line he is going to give me so i'm just gonna get some adapters, a new sender, and mount it on the firwall.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for bumping a very old thread, but where have you guys been mounting the sender?

I'm planning to order the AMS remote for the oil pressure sender due to the high risk in the vibration but I haven't been able to find anything on the forums about where you guys are mounting the sender using the remote SS line. Can anyone tell me and possibly provide pictures? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

TedB posted a picture a while ago....search and you should find...