Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan Racing Exhaust Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The MIVEC is not almighty, but the turbo is. You will do like 300whp on the BR dyno...

Holy shat that seems low!! i mean ive been seeing people base line dyno's in IX's pushing like 260whp.. So your telling me after a flash, custom tune,intake,exhaust mani,02housing,3'' DP,racepipe,catback,mbc,upper/lower intercooler pipes that im only going to gain maybe 40whp??? might as well sell all my mods and call EcuTek and let them flash me with thier garunteed 40whp flashs for $500.00 maybe i just mislead you or maybe ive been mislead. Thanks.

As for only paying like $400 for that stuff, regular price is $600 + tax/shipping and $300 + shipping/tax Sooooo normally something that was $1000.00 for $400 dont seem that bad to me... Its still less than i would spend on a ported/jet coated mani/02 housing
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

would it benefit if the megan manifold was coated?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

but you might hit 360whp while running pretty high boost on 93.

Oops forgot to mention, all i run in my car is 93 octane.. Sometimes i give it a treat and run 94 on wednesdays when its 6 cents off (like $3.12/gallon)

Also after its tuned on this 93, i wanted some sort of custom map for 100+ because i have 2 local sunoco's that have 100,104 in barrels and the other has 110 and 112 at the pump Would love to see what kinda numbers it could do with race gas, but that could all be avoided if i went and got an ALKY kit right? wouldnt that make my car pull as hard as if i were running race gas? not real familiar with the alcoholics annonomous community out there on EVOm but would like to join it eventually..

What do you think of KTR's aqua mist kit? any other suggestions for the IX?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

so...the conclusion?
is it ok to buy this manifold?
will i have gains?
will it stand the heat if its coated?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good lord, Petey, get with the times man!!! You are going crazy about stock IX numbers on a Dynojet vs modded IX numbers on the Buschur Mustang Dyno. I didn't know there was anyone on this forum that wasn't at least SOMEWHAT familiar with Buschur. I mean, you're going there to get tuned and dyno'd, right? So, haven't you ever seen ANY of their dynographs and comparisons? 300whp on that dyno is quite a bit, because it's a very low-reading Mustang Dyno. Not all dynos are the same, so you should really do some research and understand that the "numbers" you see from dynos are nothing but that...just "numbers." It's all about relativity. Stock IXs do 210-215whp on the Buschur dyno...

I don't know how you're getting tuned at Buschur, but if it's a flash, then it's going to be done by Dynoflash. He can tune you on 93 and on whatever race gas you want, but you'll need the Tactrix flashing cable, EcuFlash software, and a laptop. That way, he can tune you for both maps, then give the maps to you for you to load into the ECU whenever you want depending on the octane you're using. Yes, a race gas map will make another 30whp and maybe 50wtq probably. Alky allows you to have race gas power all the time with one tune.

Also, just because that stuff was so ridiculously expensive (wtf 300 for the o2???) doesn't mean that $400 is good - it just means it's a lot less. No, getting a ported/coated stock manifold and coated SS O2 would have been $395 with more power and no chance of cracking.

Ducu, yes it's ok. Yes, it will have gains. Coating won't keep it from cracking. Since you probably don't want to send your stock manifold across the Atlantic Ocean, I think your best bet is this manifold, and if it cracks, then get another one - they're cheap.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

I bought and installed one and my thoughts are as follows:
LOOKS- its ok but will turn colors and if you dont clean it before starting your car it will look real bad
PERFORMANCE- uh... well without dynotuning it I cant be certain but not really anything their....its louder in higher rpms...

I would say that porting and coating the stocker would have been a better option but I did only pay 160 bucks for it so...
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:43 AM

i have a used megan mani for sale :P
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Positron

Megan Racing Turbo Exhaust Manifold
Part# SSH-MLE03
MSRP: $250.00
Sale Price: $200.00

Anyone have this exhaust manifold on their Evo? Looks good but how well does it perform?

I plan on getting TTP o2 housing, TTP 3" downpipe and TTP 3" testpipe. ALready have a catback and then plan on getting a ecu flash and tune afterwards. Should I get it or no?
Good plans. I personally use this manifold and have for a year and a half on 11.24 passes and 127.62mph traps. If anyone that uses another manifold on the stock turbo wants to chime in with lower E.T.'s or higher trapspeeds, please do.

:cricket: :cricket:

We sell this manifold for $194 all day...

Buy it now by clicking HERE.

Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:59 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kf6ytc
This is not even close to the same manifold. Just because it is shiny and is made for the Evo, does not mean it is a Megan unit. The one pictured is garbage.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

300whp on that dyno is quite a bit, because it's a very low-reading Mustang Dyno. Not all dynos are the same, so you should really do some research and understand that the "numbers" you see from dynos are nothing but that...just "numbers." It's all about relativity. Stock IXs do 210-215whp on the Buschur dyno...

I don't know how you're getting tuned at Buschur, but if it's a flash, then it's going to be done by Dynoflash. He can tune you on 93 and on whatever race gas you want, but you'll need the Tactrix flashing cable, EcuFlash software, and a laptop. That way, he can tune you for both maps, then give the maps to you for you to load into the ECU whenever you want depending on the octane you're using. Yes, a race gas map will make another 30whp and maybe 50wtq probably. Alky allows you to have race gas power all the time with one tune.

Thanks man i didnt realize buschur had the **** dyno.. Soo what your saying is let him tune it to perfection then take it to some other high reading dyno to boost my confidence?? will do.. Other than that, im in the process of getting the tactrix cable and i already have a laptop but as it goes for the software i thought ecuflash was free?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Thx for the info!
I just bought one today along with coating for it and for the outlet and downpipe.
I bought as well an exedy clutch and defi bf gauges.
I will post the install pics and results. (2 bad we dont have a 4x4 dyno yet )
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its a good manifold for power gains, i definitely felt the difference in spool and top end power, only downfall was that mine cracked .
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
Its a good manifold for power gains, i definitely felt the difference in spool and top end power, only downfall was that mine cracked .
You also wrapped your manifold and removed your rain guard so the cold rain could saturate your hot manifold. Its just physics. You don't put your glass beer bottles in the freezer overnight, do you?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

the rain gaurd is the thing that says "Caution Hot" on it correct?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by KartaRailed
the rain gaurd is the thing that says "Caution Hot" on it correct?
No it is the slotted louver that goes in the hole in your hood.

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Exhaust Manifold