Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan Racing Exhaust Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megan Racing Exhaust Manifold

Megan Racing Turbo Exhaust Manifold
Part# SSH-MLE03
MSRP: $250.00
Sale Price: $200.00

Anyone have this exhaust manifold on their Evo? Looks good but how well does it perform?

I plan on getting TTP o2 housing, TTP 3" downpipe and TTP 3" testpipe. ALready have a catback and then plan on getting a ecu flash and tune afterwards. Should I get it or no?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

same manifold,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exhau...09686441QQrdZ1

your welcome.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Theres mixed opinions about this one. Do a search, theres plenty of threads on this.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

I have a "B & A" dyno sheet that clearly shows 18 HP & 22TQ gain from low to midrange up to about 7000 rpms w/ the Megan o2 & heager combo on a car using only a full 3" TBE. If someone can tell me how to attach it or post it I will be happy to do so. The shop that did the testing is Billet Design in Pompano Beach, FL.
They said they've installed over 20+ sets w/ no cracking issues. They also said they would stand behind they're work should it crack, so I'm having them install it. I would advocate having a reputable shop install it for you for two reasons, 1.cheap insurance should you have an issue. 2. support your local shop so they'll be there to take care of you in the future, eBay wont!
I'm having them install my combo this week, so I'll post my impression afterwards.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Billet=Amazing Ill be getting this header from them soon, and will definatly get it there if there standing behind megans product like that. Marco def. knows his stuff.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

I had this manifold on my 8 for just over a year and no cracking. I also had an aftermarket o2 housing with no L bracket to help hold the weight of the turbo. I'd say it's worth the price you pay for it. Just don't use those crappy gaskets they give you with it.Re-use the stock ones.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

i have this header but im debating on installing it cause ive heard it reduces power cause its not equal length... should i install it or not?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It won't look good after it gets hot - it turns an ugly mixed shade of colors, so be sure you don't buy it for looks. In terms of power, it's on par with other tubular headers, which is slightly less than porting and coating your stock manifold. However, plenty have cracked per reports here on EvoM, so keep that in mind. Megan does warranty it for a year if you don't mind dealing with it cracking.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

How would you compare the MR manifold against the DNP or JIC ones, that are alot more money but are equal lentgh? just wondering if i made the right decision going with the DNP one over the MR one...
Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Those others are no better. If you're going to spend the money unnecessarily on a tubular header that won't make more power than the stock ported manifold while being prone to cracking, then you might as well save money by getting the Megan.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

then hell, MR should be putting everyone out of business.. other than the fact i heard it was impossible to tune cars because they kept getting inaccurate readings from them not being equal lentgh or anything... i personally would use stock ported over an MR or Ebay one atleast from what ive been hearing from people who attempted to use em.. i got mine dirt cheap btw so not a big loss for me..
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

If you are gonna buy a tubular manifold for the stocker, just do it right the first time and buy a Full-Race mani. Dave Buschur proved that this is one that will make power.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, the Full Race is the only one that was better than the stocker, but it's ridiculously expensive and mainly designed for a big turbo setup. Using that on the stock turbo is not the best $/hp decision...

Petey, Megan has eaten into a lot of people's sales with all their incredibly expensive, good quality products like the manifold, o2, exhaust, and coilovers.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

would you consider $400 for a DNP manifold and a DNP 02 housing a bad deal though? I considered going with the BR ported/jet mani/02/10.5 but decided to go this way instead for now atleast, maybe its the look, maybe its not i dont know... but i do know im still getting the ported 10.5 and i need to get his upper/lower IC pipe kit...

So warr, be honest with me and dont just advertise for him on this one, millions say its bad to buy and use short ram intakes K&N, Injen, TXS ect... Will it be a good decision to run the BR intake with the pipe kit? any HP gains from that in general? As of now im running a BMC drop in filter.

I guess my goal in my evo as everyone elses is different from everyone elses.. I want to have about 360-380 awhp... i dont think that is to much to as without doing turbo/alky

As of now i have the TBE cat delete, BMC filter on way is my DNP mani/02 housing,UPR/LWR IC pipe kit... and the part im debating is a set of cams when they become more available.. After a nice tune a Buschur Racing on his dyno what do you suspect i would be pushing.. keep in mind i have the all-mighty mivec everyone talks about
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not the one to ask about intakes, because I don't like them. I say to get the BR intake if you must, because it's only $80 but makes as much power as any of those others. I wouldn't expect 380whp on pump gas, but you might hit 360whp while running pretty high boost on 93.

When you said you got a great deal, I thought you meant you got them for almost nothing. $400 is still a chunk of change and not where I would have spent my money.

The MIVEC is not almighty, but the turbo is. You will do like 300whp on the BR dyno...

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Exhaust Manifold