Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Untuned.....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by EvO6-RS2
Who installed the cams? Maybe they're not lined up properly...re-check cam install...this often affects vacuum reading, idling....giving the symptoms you describe. (that's if the cams were installed at the same time...as the turbo)

Also, makesure turbo is properly bolted to manifold & turbo manifold properly bolted to head.

My friend installed a GT35r and his car idles really low sometimes & stalls...but still boost to 18psi & makes power no problem. But we haven't figure out why it idles so low as yet.

Hope that helps.
thanks.... Beyond Redline in Green Bay, WI.... I had two bolts loose on the housing but the rest were tight.... I don't think thats the problem.... I also talked to Eric from AMS.... about the situation.... Warrenty issues too...
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Gotcha. I wouldn't recommend trying to boost then, since you won't have enough fuel supply, but that unfortunately doesn't explain your strange idle behavior. It seems like it would be something vaccuum related like a big IC leak, unplugged MAF, or some disconnected hose that was missed.
Believe me, i'm gonna check... Last time i had a boost leak when i was getting tune.... Al, was not happy.... nor was i.... But fixed after the tune.... will be checken....