Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschurs modified walboro pump?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 06:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe it is posted (at least in this forum) that Buschur restated the process that was relayed to him by his distributor... even if I'm wrong, it really matters not as it seems the "hunt" is all that drives some anyway.

Geeze... Puritans burning witches... I smell a lock in the immediate future as the technical merit of this thread, in the Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain forum, seems to have been bashed into oblivion. However, at the risk of finding myself on same said "stake", I'll leave that to another Moderator.

Last edited by Zeus; May 22, 2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old May 22, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is that posted Zeus?

Wasn't it very clear to you that he stated that they were given to a close friend of his whom "modified" them for him? To me that statment made me believe that he was getting the Walboros and having him modify them, no?

It does matter because claims were made and they were false. Because of these claims some people ended up with what Walboro claims is a dangerous modification. Is every car running these pumps blowing up? NO. Have people experienced issues with them. Yes. Does the manufacturer of the fuel pumps believe that it is a bad idea. YES.

It's no witch hunt as he has been clearly identified by the lack of truth regarding his actions. If he didn't know that there was a problem with the pumps that they were being modified and there were serious failures how would you of felt then?

The issue isn't the safety of these items or there effectiveness, they seem to do exactly what he says, raise the amount and pressure of fuel delivered to high power applications. The issue is how Dave handled it, which has upset quite a few.

Scorke
Old May 22, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
scorke, I have to say you are stupid. I said WE DID NOT MODIFY THE PUMPS. WE BOUGHT THE PUMPS HOW THEY ARE. The lady at Walbro said what she said. If you would take the time to read the entire thread on NASIOC rather than being an as shole and just posting what you wanted to from the letters from Walbro then you could see the entire story, what took place, what I did to find out exactly what was going on and then that I offered to buy any back that people didn't want. Instead you are insistant on running your freaking mouth. GO READ THE THREAD THAT YOU BOTHERED TO GET THE JUICEY PARTS FROM TO TRY AND DISCREDIT ME.

The guy that modifies the pumps bought them, modified them, ground the numbers off and then sold them to me. HE TOLD me he bought them disassembled, modified them and then sent them into the factory to be re-assembled on the night shift the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Sounded to me like he has someone on the inside doing it for him, under the table. I had no reason not to believe it.

**** off.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

There actually have been NO issues with the pumps, not sure where you dreamt that crap up there scorke. The tech that I sent the pump in to at Walbro to have them clarify what was or was not done said they do not recommend what was done and their legal department is going to be including a disclaimer in all fuel pumps in the future. He also agreed with me, off the record, that the chances of something actually happening is slim to none. The reason for this is the fuel pump is on a fuse and if the pump somehow became dead headed the amps would raise very quickly and blow the fuse. Even when it is flowing freely at 80 psi the amps are around 16 amps. It would be easy to blow a fuse from there and he is agreement. BUT for legal purposes they do not recommend it. The factory pump has a 20 amp fuse, barely enough to keep the pump running at 80 psi.

There are literally thousands of these pumps out there and have been for 10+ years, no records of a fire, melted wiring or anything else.

Take your head out of the dark smelly place it is in.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Well then Dave if thats the case I'm sorry.

It just didnt seem right. The fact that you seemed cognizant that it was going on "under the table" suprises me, it just wasn't something I would of assumed you to partake in.

On a side note whats the new price for the pumps I need one for my car?

Scorke
Old May 22, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Where is that posted Zeus?

Wasn't it very clear to you that he stated that they were given to a close friend of his whom "modified" them for him? To me that statment made me believe that he was getting the Walboros and having him modify them, no?

It does matter because claims were made and they were false. Because of these claims some people ended up with what Walboro claims is a dangerous modification. Is every car running these pumps blowing up? NO. Have people experienced issues with them. Yes. Does the manufacturer of the fuel pumps believe that it is a bad idea. YES.

It's no witch hunt as he has been clearly identified by the lack of truth regarding his actions. If he didn't know that there was a problem with the pumps that they were being modified and there were serious failures how would you of felt then?

The issue isn't the safety of these items or there effectiveness, they seem to do exactly what he says, raise the amount and pressure of fuel delivered to high power applications. The issue is how Dave handled it, which has upset quite a few.

Scorke
the room is spinning from all your gayness
Old May 22, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
There actually have been NO issues with the pumps, not sure where you dreamt that crap up there scorke. The tech that I sent the pump in to at Walbro to have them clarify what was or was not done said they do not recommend what was done and their legal department is going to be including a disclaimer in all fuel pumps in the future. He also agreed with me, off the record, that the chances of something actually happening is slim to none. The reason for this is the fuel pump is on a fuse and if the pump somehow became dead headed the amps would raise very quickly and blow the fuse. Even when it is flowing freely at 80 psi the amps are around 16 amps. It would be easy to blow a fuse from there and he is agreement. BUT for legal purposes they do not recommend it. The factory pump has a 20 amp fuse, barely enough to keep the pump running at 80 psi.

There are literally thousands of these pumps out there and have been for 10+ years, no records of a fire, melted wiring or anything else.

Take your head out of the dark smelly place it is in.
They have been out for 10 years? Why was the Buschur High output pump a new development then?

I agree that there is little wrong with them, however when Walboro says something like that I have to take there word as telling the truth.

Scorke
Old May 22, 2007, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

I know you are kidding about the pump but I am still going to say this.

I am very lucky that I have never felt the need to get every sale out there and if someone ticks me off then I have no desire to help them or do business with them. In this case, please do not call us, I don't need money that bad.

About the worst thing that someone can do is call me dishonest, cheat, liar etc. If you want to gaurantee a fight, spit on me, that's about the only thing that will **** me off worse than being called those things.

People who have watched this board for any length of time knows I can't stand that "liar" crap. One thing I am not is dishonest. I will step up and take whatever it is for my actions. I don't lie to get out of them. My 9 year old son knows the same thing, if he messes up he admits it and deals with the punishment. If he lies, he'd need to dial 911.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

I am not kidding about the pump, if Curt Brown says they work well with 1000cc injectors I am sold. I suppose now I don't need to buy one because I can do it myself, so don't worry about the call.

Sorry I made you feel that way Dave. After the story changing so many times as to who made them, who built them, what was done it seemed odd, and you cannot fight the fact that the exact story about who and what it took to build these pumps changed over 3-4 times.

I never said you lied straight out, just that some things didn't seem right.

Posts and issues like this need to be sorted out in this manner because now everybody knows the whole story, and I am sure all parties, Walboro, Buschur, High Output Owners, are happy to have all the information and facts in the open so nobody or nothing is misrepresented.

Scorke
Old May 22, 2007, 08:02 PM

Dave, Thank God You Have Such Thick Skin. I Have One Of Of Your Pumps In My Stock Long Block ,ams 37r Turboed Motor And It Works Great. I Sure Hope You Keep Doing These Pumps As Im Going To Get A Built Motor, And Would Really Like To Double Them Up. Dave , I Do Believe You Are As Honest As The Day Is Long, And Your Workmanship Speaks For Itself. Ive Not Always Seen Eye To Eye With You, But I Believe Your The Best Out There. You Will Here From Me Soon For My 2.0 Build. Keep Up The Good Work. Doug Thacker @leading Edge Performance
Old May 22, 2007, 11:24 PM
Account Disabled

I love my pumps

I did some more 9 sec passes tonight

I will be keeping mine
Old May 23, 2007, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down It's Scorke once again!!!

I still can't believe someone has the audacity or feels the need to bash or get the information out of David like Scorke does. I understand everything David says, and it is not his fault! If cars were blowing up left and right I'm sure he would of dug into the information and found out why.. That's something David has been known to do... People who have bought the pumps see that it works and do exactly what they were told they would do! I bet no where near half the pumps David sold to people who know what happened will even bother sending it back because it works!!

- Scorke please define Hypocrite... You spent all that time saying how unsafe Walboro said it was to run and now you just ran your mouth again to say you wasn't going to buy one from David since you knew how to do it yourself and have the same pump in your car... common now....

As far as I'm concerned I'll continue to buy WHATEVER Buschur sells! I know if they claim a part will do something, it DOES DO IT because they've tested it time and time again! David to me is a walking legend because of what he and his company have brought to our world and what they have accomplished! No matter what, David and his company will always stand up and back up their products with confidence and continue to be amongst the top companies to set the standards and benchmarks for all others to follow.

-Anyways David, I'm sure you're going to find a way to resolve this, I have huge confidence in that! It's just sad that people waste so much time in hoping that everyone else will jump on you like Scorke did, but your creditability is still top notch!! Keep doing your thing bro

-Ruben
Old May 23, 2007, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I still can't believe someone has the audacity or feels the need to bash or get the information out of David like Scorke does. I understand everything David says, and it is not his fault! If cars were blowing up left and right I'm sure he would of dug into the information and found out why.. That's something David has been known to do... People who have bought the pumps see that it works and do exactly what they were told they would do! I bet no where near half the pumps David sold to people how know what happened will even bother sending it back because it works!!

- Scorke please define Hypocrite... You spent all that time saying how unsafe Walboro said it was to run and now you just ran your mouth again to say you wasn't going to buy one from David since you knew how to do it yourself and have the same pump in your car... common now....

As far as I'm concerned I'll continue to buy WHATEVER Buschur sells! I know if they claim a part will do something, it DOES DO IT because they've tested it time and time again! David to me is a walking legend because of what he and his company have brought to our world and what they have accomplished! No matter what, David and his company will always stand up and back up their products with confidence and continue to be amongst the top companies to set the standards and benchmarks for all others to follow.

-Anyways David, I'm sure you're going to find a way to resolve this, I have huge confidence in that! It's just sad that people waste so much time in hoping that everyone else will jump on you like Scorke did, but your creditability is still top notch!! Keep doing your thing bro

-Ruben

Dude, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Ok, people, lesson in life #1, questioning anything should never ever ever ever be looked at as anything wrong unless it is clearly with intent to harm some how. I asked every question and posted every post because I thought everybody effected deserved an answer. I'm sorry but if you didn't want to know what the story was then why are you concerned enough to post up about me questioning somebodies methods or business practices?

1- I delved into this issue for many reasons, firstly I am directly effected as I am building a 2.3 35 R setup right now and fuel is a big issue, and frankly even as Dave feels now "his" fuel pump is one of my best options.
2- It is an issue!!!!! Regardless of what you thought my intentions were, Walboro has commented on it. Walboro says it is Dangerous. Dave has addressed this and reported slim to (none) failures to date which I don't find surprising, not because of his motive to report them but frankly because the pumps have no issue doing what our cars ask them to supply.
3- How dare you attack me for seeking a little knowledge! I posted this because I wanted to know the truth? If I was wrong, and misguided, it would of been obvious and I would of came out to look like a total ******* which hopefully didnt happen, however Dave as he always does comes back and answers the questions.

I have run, bought, and used Buschur parts. I have no issues or ill feelings towards Buschur/Dave/ the whole crew if you assume/think otherwise your simply wrong.

I and hopefully others have learned by this questioning. Whatever the question, unless it has been asked before, or the answer is already known, it is worthwhile asking. In my honest opinion.

Sorry for any incoherent ness, I'm a 20 year old college student....

Scorke

Last edited by scorke; May 23, 2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: drunk
Old May 23, 2007, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Also, would you pay 2.5 times the retail price, not wholesale (these pumps cost 40-50 dollars each if bought in bulk) for a product that you know you yourself could make for 100 dollars?

I'm sorry, I am all for supporting research and development, but Buschur/whoever merely found a hack of a current product and exploited it. Fairplay to him as far as I am concerned as a business major , the only issue as I see (as an evo owner and enthusiast) was how the information about and actual product was sold and portrayed pre sale.

Scorke
Old May 23, 2007, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

I understood it the first time, without all "this questioning." YMMV.

Quick Reply: Buschurs modified walboro pump?