Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschurs modified walboro pump?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2007, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Also, would you pay 2.5 times the retail price, not wholesale (these pumps cost 40-50 dollars each if bought in bulk) for a product that you know you yourself could make for 100 dollars?

I'm sorry, I am all for supporting research and development, but Buschur/whoever merely found a hack of a current product and exploited it. Fairplay to him as far as I am concerned as a business major , the only issue as I see (as an evo owner and enthusiast) was how the information about and actual product was sold and portrayed pre sale.

Scorke
Listen, I understand what you are saying! If I could buy the same pump for $0.12 I would. You just have to remember one thing, you are posting things on a public forum where someone’s business may be reflected on here. If I was you I would of PM'd/ E-mailed David and gotten the facts and let DAVID himself, let people know as it is his business! I'm sure he would have done so! It's just seemed from your first post you were bashing, like as if it was his fault, David would not have comented like he did if he didn't feel your comment about his integrity was off...
Old May 23, 2007, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Also, I forgot to mention, I do believe in doing things yourself and research and development. I bet I could make my own bad a$$ stuff if I had the right equipment and tools, but I don't have the time nor the patience and because of that I don't mind paying a premium for someone else to do it!
Old May 23, 2007, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Also, I forgot to mention, I do believe in doing things yourself and research and development. I bet I could make my own bad a$$ stuff if I had the right equipment and tools, but I don't have the time nor the patience and because of that I don't mind paying a premium for someone else to do it!
^ agreed, I share your view on many things.

The difference is that to some people the premium isnt worth it or justified, and for those they either make it themselves or source it elsewhere or compromise somewhere inbetween.

Also, I don't know about you, but to anybody who reads this entire thread they will realize exactly what Dave offers to this forum and the community as a whole.

How many other forums or vendors or what not can say that you can speak to and talk with the CEO/designer/fabricator of the parts you can run and buy? To me this is a unique oppertunity, and I think if you are concerned with my posts hurting Dave's image they clearly will not do so to anybody that reads the content of the posts.

For those that read a line or two and say "bro I heard buschur 's fuel pumps are blowing up all over the place"they are clearly misrepresenting what I said, what buschur's products say, and what factually appears to be the case.

Scorke
Old May 23, 2007, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Why are you guys fighting about fuel pumps at 4:30 in the morning??
Old May 23, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
Why are you guys fighting about fuel pumps at 4:30 in the morning??
I'm deployed.... your 4am is my lunch time here...
Old May 23, 2007, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
scorke,

I only have one last thing to say. You say there was a bunch of confusion and such on how the pumps were made etc. I don't know where that confusion came from as I have told that we buy them from someone else from day 1, have never claimed to modify them ourselves, have told the same story I was told by the builder. I think the confusion comes from all the douche bags (not you) pointing fingers at me for being a crook and making up stories of how we do this and that to the pumps. It was all false and lies. Bottom line is my story has always been the same about the pumps as it was the truth and what I was told. Just so happens when it all boiled down I was lied to and was passing along some long winded BS about the pumps being taken in and out of Walbro and modified when in fact the douche bag builder was simply smashing the pressure relief valve. I had no way of knowing that or I would not have paid him for 100+ pumps we bought and sold.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Also, anyone that can sell me Walbro's for $40-50 a piece call me and I will buy them in bulk immediately. We buy them 10 at a time now and I can tell you that our prices aren't even remotely close to that.

If I wanted to buy the Chinese knock off Walbro's (they even say Walbro on them) those I can buy for about $20 each, I won't buy/sell that crap.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Glad you agree, I suppose you are right and the confusion about where and or what the pumps were came from the supply side of the chain!!

Thank you for answering my questions! If you had the choice of running one of your pumps or an inline walboro along with an in tank one what would you do for a 1000cc'd 35R setup?

I am trying to decide if the single high output will suffice or if I would be better off with an inline?

Scorke
Old May 23, 2007, 10:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scorke i dont know how much power your trying to make but if your trying to max out that 35r it wont be enough. I went with the buschur double pump set up in my car. So did Steve here.

Last edited by Chris@nolimitmotors; May 23, 2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old May 24, 2007, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I maxed out a 255 low pressure pump at ~62 lbs/min. The math said it would **** the bed at that same 62 lbs. The same math says the high pressure version would be good to roughly 70 lbs/min, more than a 35R can flow. This assumes a stroker though, the higher boost required to max out the 35R on a 2 liter would make the pump a little smaller, and would be close enough to the limit to make a dual pump setup, something larger like the 044, or buschurs modified pump worthy of consideration. A longer winded version of what Chris was saying essentially.

Another thing to consider for those who are scared about the modified/disabled pressure release valve... The external Walbro 255s don't even have them.
Old May 24, 2007, 05:44 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kjewer1
Another thing to consider for those who are scared about the modified/disabled pressure release valve... The external Walbro 255s don't even have them.
Good point

I have two of these pumps on my car for over a year with no problems
Old May 24, 2007, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Good point

I have two of these pumps on my car for over a year with no problems
how often do you drive it?
Old May 24, 2007, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chris@nolimitmotors
Scorke i dont know how much power your trying to make but if your trying to max out that 35r it wont be enough. I went with the buschur double pump set up in my car. So did Steve here.
Yeah, what I am trying to decide is whether another regular 255 walboro inline will suffice or if a double pumper intank setup would be best.

Not nec trying to max out the 35R, 30-33 psi is I think where I will call it quits.

Scorke
Old May 24, 2007, 06:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Yeah, what I am trying to decide is whether another regular 255 walboro inline will suffice or if a double pumper intank setup would be best.

Not nec trying to max out the 35R, 30-33 psi is I think where I will call it quits.

Scorke
Just get the Buschur double in tank set up, you cant beat it for the price of $450. It comes with two new pumps and everything.
Old May 24, 2007, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Daniel, my brother, went 9.84 at 146.15 yesterday in his daily driver, on radials, damn near full weight with air conditioning yesterday. Running two HO pumps.

Last year we had 1200 cc injectors in the car with a single Walbro AND alky injection, injector duty was at 100%. Now with NO alky and the 1200 cc injectors with the double pumper the duty cycles are only 80%.

Quick Reply: Buschurs modified walboro pump?