Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Please HELP diagnose my problem! Shutter/heavy vibration when turning at low speeds

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by naucrx
Great advice from travman. I had the same issue and it was the rear diff binding up. Rather than drain and refill the fluid I just added some friction modifier and it works like a champ again.
Yea the friction modifier works good to, I opted to just swap it out completely with straight redline 75w90....Next spring im going back to heavy shockproof w/ friction modifier and see how well that will work and for how long....but I do know that situation is quite annoying.

Axles would make more of a clicking noise or grind, not vibrate the car? I would be stunned if it was anything different than the rear diff. acting up...The symptoms he listed are 100% identical to what I went through, and can be cured easily. I changed mine out without even putting the car up, you can get to everything from the ground with no problem....

Good luck
Old Jul 27, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the input!

My car ran for abt 5000 miles with some "no-name brand bullsh|t" fluids which my old employer Renner mitsubishi put in (while i was an employee!)....cant believe they put in the generic huge barrel drum of fluids. The thing is that AMS put it redline and diaqueen (the recommended fluids)....maybe the car is not used to the new fluid or needs a friction modifier as mentioned. I definately dont want to go back to the crappy mass-quantity noname brand fluid, i want to stick with the redline. What other symptoms or problems did you get? And how did you go about diagnoising and fixing them?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Drain your rear diff. and either put fresh diaqueen or redline 75w90 and your problems will go away, im 99.99999% sure.......The redline will cost you like 12 bucks to do? and it works 100% ok IMO.

So quit asking about it and just do it!

btw when you have problems like this....start with the easy stuff (rear fluid change?) and narrow it down from there, the obvious is the best thing to try
Old Jul 27, 2015, 06:38 PM

did you consider any problems with your ayc? Such as bleeding this system?