Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Modded Ebay 02 w/ Open Atmosphere Dump!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OSiTO-PANDA...
HAHAHAHAH hell yea man i know what your saying..haha but my homegirl works at a shop and she did a group buy with the " JUN " o2 housing and she said ***k it and just gave me one for my Bday....lol so i guess ill be buying an Ebay housing and doing what you did...or u can do it for me and ill pay you
LOL. Youre going to have to have a shop do it and custom fit it to your car. Its almost impossible to replicate, especially since everyone has differnet lower IC pipes.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its fun and yes its loud.. I did this to my ebay 02 housing about 6 months ago.. Brought it to a shop and custom built it on the car.. If you run a car at WOT side by side with the windows down your ears will be ringing for about 5 min. afterwards .. LOL Picture an evo driving and when you hit about 14psi picture a harley with no exhaust at 6k... Thats what it sounds like on my car!

With a 3" buschur TBE, injen intake and UIC piping, Walbro 255, SAFC II, XS Intercooler, and this O2 dump I dynoed 303hp on the dyno and was the loudest car to attend... People left the shop while I did my 2nd run.

If you like things loud then do it.. If your concered about the noise this mod is not for you! And yes it only opens once you hit 14psi when the WG opens.. So you can drive around all day and never hear it.. But when you hit the throttle cops will hear you from blocks away!

Last edited by sikrsix; Aug 6, 2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sikrsix
Its fun and yes its loud.. I did this to my ebay 02 housing about 6 months ago.. Brought it to a shop and custom built it on the car.. If you run a car at WOT side by side with the windows down your ears will be ringing for about 5 min. afterwards .. LOL Picture an evo driving and when you hit about 14psi picture a harley with no exhaust at 6k... Thats what it sounds like on my car!

With a 3" buschur TBE, injen intake and UIC piping, Walbro 255, SAFC II, XS Intercooler, and this O2 dump I dynoed 303hp on the dyno and was the loudest car to attend... People left the shop while I did my 2nd run.

If you like things loud then do it.. If your concered about the noise this mod is not for you! And yes it only opens once you hit 14psi when the WG opens.. So you can drive around all day and never hear it.. But when you hit the throttle cops will hear you from blocks away!
Couldnt have said it better. Its THAT loud.

Hey whats this 14psi stuff? It should not open then. It should open at full boost... unless your full boost is 14psi which would be weird.

Mine opens up at 23psi, where my boost is set.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:43 PM

whats involved in install the o2 housing? do you need to remove the turbo?
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lagcisco
No you dont have to remove the turbo.. However, taking off the 02 is NOT fun.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
is that really a jun o2 housing... i think i'm gonna laff but i'm not sure if that's appropriate
Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:01 AM

damn it we need vids people vids!!!

someone go video tape his car please! id go do it but driving from CA. to NJ. to record a few seconds of video isnt all that practical you know.......

anyways do you you get that external waste gate tire chirp turkey call when you let of the gas at full boost?

if so that is a bad a*s piece of loud ricer ebay 02 custom dump to atmosphere for no aparent reason since its internally waste gated scare the crap out of old people under bridges and at bus stops hey look at me pull me over mod!!!!111!!1

good job dude

i want it! i want it!! i want it!!!
Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:04 AM

oh yeah free bump!
Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lagcisco
Just take the exhaust manifold off, unbolt the downpipe, and take the turbine housing off with the o2 housing. It is an easy swap from there.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:21 AM

If I didnt have to drive my EVO everyday I might actually do this. It would be fun to pull up next to a noisy Harley and just let it rip and scare the crap out of them. They wouldnt see something louder coming and probably fall over lol. I too would very much like to see a vid on this.. post it on mytube maybe?
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shinobi
If I didnt have to drive my EVO everyday I might actually do this. It would be fun to pull up next to a noisy Harley and just let it rip and scare the crap out of them. They wouldnt see something louder coming and probably fall over lol. I too would very much like to see a vid on this.. post it on mytube maybe?
I would be funny to put the stock exhaust on so it is fairly quiet and let that thing scream at someone walking down the street.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Still no video footage huh ?
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Contacting a friend for tonight to get some videos!
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Contacting a friend for tonight to get some videos!
Ok, but could you please let that thing open up while driving by an old person walking down the street? Just to see what happens?
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
No you dont have to remove the turbo.. However, taking off the 02 is NOT fun.
I removed my hotside when I installed my ebay O2, made things easier

Quick Reply: Modded Ebay 02 w/ Open Atmosphere Dump!