Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Modded Ebay 02 w/ Open Atmosphere Dump!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by okevolutionVIII
Ok, but could you please let that thing open up while driving by an old person walking down the street? Just to see what happens?
Ive already had some hilarious scenarios with the dump. Old people in the Grand Marquis with their windows down... yeah they know all about the dump
Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

i've still yet to hear this thing....wanna take me for a ride sometime this week?
Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Sure man
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:04 AM

I searched the web for any sound clips or movie clips on something like this and nothing... so yeah man don't leave us hanging or should I dare say it... Dump on us lol
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Its a cool idea but it wont help any way in performance, it will just be obnoxiously loud. I have a Tial 44mm external dump with my turbo kit....its cool sounding but i might have it welded back into the DP b/c its almost too loud
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Its a cool idea but it wont help any way in performance, it will just be obnoxiously loud. I have a Tial 44mm external dump with my turbo kit....its cool sounding but i might have it welded back into the DP b/c its almost too loud
Oh yes it does.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Any luck with the video yet?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking of getting the invidia 02 housing and making it on that since I can get a really damn good deal on the 02 housing lol.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1NastyEvo
Any luck with the video yet?
It's obnoxiously loud, what more do you need to know? I'm sure there's a minimal performance gain here and that most people could better benefit from spending the money on this elsewhere. Chances are that most who are looking at doing this aren't doing it for any performance benefit, they're doing it because it's loud. AKA A look at me mod.

I personally can't wait for the threads in Evo General about people getting this and then crying that they got an exhaust ticket.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed didn't we ? Don't worry about why people are doing this, all people are asking for is video footage of what it sounds & looks like on the street. That is all. People, including myself are curious. Very simple buddy.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Brian_H
It's obnoxiously loud, what more do you need to know? I'm sure there's a minimal performance gain here and that most people could better benefit from spending the money on this elsewhere. Chances are that most who are looking at doing this aren't doing it for any performance benefit, they're doing it because it's loud. AKA A look at me mod.

I personally can't wait for the threads in Evo General about people getting this and then crying that they got an exhaust ticket.
Settle down there buttercup. There is a performance gain. I wouldnt have done it if there was not. I had this mod on my 1G AWD DSM, this is how I know. Its completely elminating the turbulence caused by the WG exhaust at WOT.

I dont think anyone is going to cry about an exhaust ticket with this because its not exhaust really, its the same sound as having an external wastegate.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Settle down there buttercup. There is a performance gain. I wouldnt have done it if there was not. I had this mod on my 1G AWD DSM, this is how I know. Its completely elminating the turbulence caused by the WG exhaust at WOT.

I dont think anyone is going to cry about an exhaust ticket with this because its not exhaust really, its the same sound as having an external wastegate.

I didn't single you out and say that you were doing it because it was loud so no need to take it personally. I'm just saying that more often than not this is going to attract the Catback, Bov & Intake sporters as it's just another way to generate 'look at me' noise. Though I would love to see before & after numbers with a setup like this.

As far as tickets go, It is an exhaust. It's an open dump which is 1.) loud as all hell 2.) illegal for road use anywhere. You'll have a better chance of getting an exhaust ticket if a cop hears your car with the WG open.

Originally Posted by 1NastyEvo
Woke up on the wrong side of the bed didn't we ? Don't worry about why people are doing this, all people are asking for is video footage of what it sounds & looks like on the street. That is all. People, including myself are curious. Very simple buddy.
Actually it wasn't the wrong side of the bed, it's the wrong side of the import community. I'm tired of the stereotype that all import owners care about is flashing lights, stickers and other devices that make their car loud. It's an external dump, I can summarize what the video will look like and sound like for you if you'd like. It will probably look like the outside of an evo, maybe even the inside cabin! It will probably sound like a very loud exhaust.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Actually it wasn't the wrong side of the bed, it's the wrong side of the import community. I'm tired of the stereotype that all import owners care about is flashing lights, stickers and other devices that make their car loud. It's an external dump, I can summarize what the video will look like and sound like for you if you'd like. It will probably look like the outside of an evo, maybe even the inside cabin! It will probably sound like a very loud exhaust.
Ok, I hope you didn't think I was trying to be an ******* or anything. About the import community, we can't change any of that. The sad fact still stands that majority of people think that we're full of ****. It's just the way it is. Do they know any better? I highly doubt it. Just relax, let people go get their tickets until they learn a lesson.

Besides, you won't be hearing anything from a dump unless your WOT. And if your going WOT on the street, then your just begging for attention reguardless of whats done to your car.

Last edited by 1NastyEvo; Aug 8, 2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't single you out and say that you were doing it because it was loud so no need to take it personally. I'm just saying that more often than not this is going to attract the Catback, Bov & Intake sporters as it's just another way to generate 'look at me' noise. Though I would love to see before & after numbers with a setup like this.

As far as tickets go, It is an exhaust. It's an open dump which is 1.) loud as all hell 2.) illegal for road use anywhere. You'll have a better chance of getting an exhaust ticket if a cop hears your car with the WG open.

Much better said than your first post! I see where your coming from, believe me, I hate how I am stereotyped as an "import owner" from all the clowns who love BOV noises and such.

Regarding the actual setup, the torque gain in the midrange is VERY apparent. Ive had my 2 friends drive the car and without telling them where I felt extra power both said the car hits boost significantly harder. I wish I could have done a before/after dyno but I dont have that kind of money.

Again, for everyone, Im working on getting a video but its harder than you think! Stay tuned.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

yo what are u doing tomorrow night? ill holler

Quick Reply: Modded Ebay 02 w/ Open Atmosphere Dump!