Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My MBC mounting solution

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006 | 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

My MBC mounting solution

I just thought I'd take a sec and see what you guys thought about my MBC mounting bracket that I fabbed up and incorporated into my MBC installation. I think it looks really clean and almost looks OEM from a distance. It also keeps the boost lines really short which is a plus. This pic is a crappy phone pic but you can see the bracket design well. Also it looks like the MBC is close to the mani but you can get your fist in between the two everywhere so it's not as close as it looks. I'm happy with it and just wondered if you guys thought it was a cool idea. Thanks....

Old Aug 1, 2006 | 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

I still think it's too close to the head/mani. A great place for the Hallman is on the far radiator screw, because that hides it directly beneath the stock intake snorkel with only the head of the MBC sticking out for adjustment. Back when I was running my 12.2s with cat-back and Hallman MBC, I had no visible engine mods except this one, and people could never find it.
Old Aug 1, 2006 | 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Well I will be running the APS intake so the snorkel will be gone and not sure if I could mount it on the radiator screw with the new APS IC sprayer reservoir or not. Plus I dont mind showing off my mods but I just want everything to look clean and I think this does. This also keeps the lines shorter than mounting it on the radiator, but that's not really going to be noticeable. I'll have to take a pic from the other side tonight so you can see how it has pleanty of clearance with the manifold. The heat should not effect it at all.
Old Aug 1, 2006 | 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Great bracket design. I dont think that it is too cose to the manifold/head, it should work fine thre plus the lines are kept nice and short. The only issue might be if you are running a tubular manifold.....

Looks good!!
Old Aug 1, 2006 | 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Good point on the manifold but I doubt I will ever do that unless I go ***** out with this thing in a few years but I dont think I will do that. I will be happy with the ported and coated stocker at least for a while. But that pic does make it look super close to the mani but from the other side angle it looks right. I got in too close with my phone because the screen is so small. I couldve backed up a bit, but at least you can see the bracket design which is the point. I have seen people post for suggestions on where to mount their MBCs before so if this gives anyone an idea, it was worth posting about.
Old Aug 1, 2006 | 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good, but as Warr said it does look somewhat close.
Old Aug 1, 2006 | 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

I promise you it is not too close so don't worry. Looks very clean also, good job.

I had mine mounted near there for quite awhile with a tubular header with no problems. In fact even right now my lines run within a few inches of the header and its never had a problem yet.
Old Aug 1, 2006 | 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good. I have mine on the radiator screw as well.
Old Aug 1, 2006 | 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Try under the wing nut on your battery tie down. but then again, it makes no friggin difference...
Old Aug 2, 2006 | 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimateone
Looks good, but as Warr said it does look somewhat close.
Well this view shows that it is pleanty far away. I said it was about 3-4 inches away and it is actually more than that. I have no worries about the manifold. It is close to the head but I think it'll be fine. If not. I'll move it. But this should help to show what I mean.....

Old Aug 2, 2006 | 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

i saw it last night it's fine. like he said if he has some kind of problem with the heat coming off the header he can move it.

If his intention was to hide it i dont think it he would have put it there. The lines are short and are ran far enough away that there wont be a problem. i dont see to many people with theres in the postion. Congrats mike....to bad my car was cleaner than yours last night...lol
Old Aug 2, 2006 | 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

well take some pics of it tomorrow night and make warr happy if you want...
Old Aug 2, 2006 | 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

i put it in the same spot with the forge MBC. i drill a small hole in the bracket they provide and bolt it up to that same 10mm bolt.
Old Aug 2, 2006 | 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

shoulda hid it .. glove box
Old Aug 2, 2006 | 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
shoulda hid it .. glove box
Would've needed the in-cockpit kit which costs $$$. And I rarely go to car shows so there is little chance someone will tamper with it and if they do, I have a boost guage. Also, I like to show off my mods. When I get some polished pipes and other functional but pretty things under there it will all look good and clean together.

Quick Reply: My MBC mounting solution