Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Problems with Injen intake for evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is a good product, but that isn't the point. The JDM MR DV has no reason to cause ANY bucking, fluttering, or stalling unless something was wrong with it or the installation. The APS is fine and is a good BOV, but it's not worth buying in place of a stock IX DV on a car that has no mods (or any mods running less than 25psi).

It would be like removing the stock Advans and installing some RT-615s. Great tire that might last a little longer, but why in the world get rid of an awesome, brand new part that you didn't have to buy?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree they are both great bov's... To get back to the problem I checked all the connections from the 90 at the throttle body down.... the only place I havnt checked is at the intercooler. Like I said I am hitting 12-13 constant without dropping any boost off which makes me think its not a leak... but correct me if I am wrong. I also did not switch any lines at the BCS. I pulled the intake from the turbo and check the fitting from the turbo to the intake and it was all lined up as it should be. After I went to the stock bov and had the same results then I pulled everything from the shortram up and put the aps bov on pulled the negative cable off the battery to reset the ecu then started the car and it reved up to about 3500 rpms then dropped to normal. Went out and drove it again and the same thing I hit about 12-13 and no more. To make sure im right with the BSC I have a line that goes to the intake tube as well as the oil breather line that goes to the intake tube.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not talking about IC connections. I'm talking ONLY about the boost lines! I already told you it's not a leak, man. Why aren't you listening when I say that you're running base wastegate pressure?

This is a boost system issue, meaning it's a problem from the BCS to the turbo/wga. Those lines had to get messed up, moved, changed, cut, unplugged, something! Since it happened after installing the intake, it would make sense that it's something you did during the install related to the stock boost lines.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

I know what you said man! I was once again answering someone saying it was a leak..... anyways is there anyway to test if the the boost solenoid is bad?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Check the voltage, or install someone else's maybe. You didn't answer my questions about CELs or the BCS connector yet. The boost lines are not very complicated, and that's likely the problem. CAn you check those and give me a detailed explanation of the routing? Have you EVER changed or replaced any of the stock hoses with a new hose?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Check the voltage, or install someone else's maybe. You didn't answer my questions about CELs or the BCS connector yet. The boost lines are not very complicated, and that's likely the problem. CAn you check those and give me a detailed explanation of the routing? Have you EVER changed or replaced any of the stock hoses with a new hose?

CELs? Yeah I can once I get off work at 6.... No hoses have been replaced by a new one....
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:32 AM
Account Disabled

Is the BCS still plugged in? Doesn't sound like it.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Yah, asked him that twice, but I didn't realize he was unable to check it during work.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

Sure is... Anyone know the color of the color of the + and - lines?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

? What are + and - lines? Are you referring to how to check the voltage?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
? What are + and - lines? Are you referring to how to check the voltage?

Yes sir I am talking about the BCS
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnEB
Yes sir I am talking about the BCS
I really doubt its the solenoid being unplugged or unpowered. If it were you'd be gettign a CEL. There has to be something going on with the vac lines, did you remove the lines at all when you installed everything?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fury656
I really doubt its the solenoid being unplugged or unpowered. If it were you'd be gettign a CEL. There has to be something going on with the vac lines, did you remove the lines at all when you installed everything?
There are cars that do not even throw a CEL for no BCS. My 2003 WW is one of them.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

what are you talking about with CEL? The only vac line that got removed was the one from intake tube.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

So, when you moved the BCS to its new location, you did not disconnect the vaccuum line going to the turbo?

Quick Reply: Problems with Injen intake for evo IX