Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Problems with Injen intake for evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
So, when you moved the BCS to its new location, you did not disconnect the vaccuum line going to the turbo?
No not at all.... Never touched it.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Just check all the vaccuum lines, you may have pulled one off, damaged one, something to that effect that could have caused the problem.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

remove injen intake. return to stock. throw injen intake in trash. enjoy your trouble free Evo.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by res04
remove injen intake. return to stock. throw injen intake in trash. enjoy your trouble free Evo.
Guess I dont remember me asking how to trash an intake right? I asked for help on a problem if you want to flame it and not help then dont read it.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Well finnaly after being up for about 32 hours screwing with it I just pulled to front bumper off and checker the sleeve at the intercooler pipe and it was tight so I pulled the injen off and put all my stock **** back on... runs like a champ again but it still blows my mine. I am going to have a nice little talk with injen today.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

You can call Injen and complain but my bet is with what Warrtalon said about 10 times, some kind of problem with the way you had hooked up your BCS lines or the plug itself.

Also just to double check with what I think, when you did have the problem of only boosting to 12 psi, what did you boost gauge read when the car was at idle, how much vacuum?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
You can call Injen and complain but my bet is with what Warrtalon said about 10 times, some kind of problem with the way you had hooked up your BCS lines or the plug itself.

Also just to double check with what I think, when you did have the problem of only boosting to 12 psi, what did you boost gauge read when the car was at idle, how much vacuum?
I was around 15 which is normal when it was stock.... or at least it seems normal to me. But also nothing was plugged in wrong with the bcs at all. I checked everything over 20 million times and it was all right. Like I said I finnaly got fed up and pulled the injen **** out and put the stock intake and ic pipes back in and I am hitting 20psi and its pulling like hell again so good news on that but bad news on $400 wasted.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I told you BEFORE you bought that and the APS bov to spend your money elsewhere on things that actually make the car faster without causing any problems. You already knew what mods to get and not to get, but you went for the bling anyway. You didn't so much waste your money as you ignored sound advice. And, as much as I hate to say it, the Injen stuff does work - meaning, it does not randomly cause boost problems. Tons of people have it and have no problems at all. They just don't give $400 worth of performance. A flash and MBC would be less than $400 and give 30-40whp.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Aug 2, 2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:08 AM
Account Disabled

Then the coupler was likely leaking at the BOV or between upper and lower pipes.

It is not rocket science.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Then the coupler was likely leaking at the BOV or between upper and lower pipes.

It is not rocket science.

That all fine and dandy but when I put all the stock piping on it runs fine included with the stock air box.... BUT when I take the stock air box off and put the injen filter on with all the stock piping etc then it runs like **** again..... something isnt right and it has to be with injen
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:23 AM
Account Disabled

It's improper install. Plain and simple. Don't take it the wrong way. It is what it is.

I run the Injen intake and hardpipes for the record.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

It's improper install. Plain and simple. Don't take it the wrong way. It is what it is.

I run the Injen intake and hardpipes for the record.

Then where could the problem be? Right now all the stock intercooler piping, intake piping and what not are on.... ok I can drive it right now and it hits 20 psi. Then I take the stock air box off and just put the Injen air intake with the adapter for the filter and MAF on the stock intake pipe with all the stock intercooler lines and I only hit 12 psi....... I dont get how it is fine right until I put the injen filter on...... and ideas?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:48 AM
Account Disabled

You have to put the vacuum line from the BCS to the small nipple on the bottom of the injen pipe. (this may be your problem)

You have to put the line from the crankcase to the larger nipple on the INJEN pipe.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

You have to put the vacuum line from the BCS to the small nipple on the bottom of the injen pipe. (this may be your problem)

You have to put the line from the crankcase to the larger nipple on the INJEN pipe.
I did all of that but like I said I put the injen filter on with the stock rubber intake and I drive it and it is at 12 psi..... I will just post a pic in a second
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:54 AM
Account Disabled

Spend $85 and get a Forge UNOS MBC and take the solenoid out of the equation. You are not gonna be able to do crap with a stock BCS anyhow.

Quick Reply: Problems with Injen intake for evo IX