Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Problems with Injen intake for evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok well I just dont see how anyone with a stock evo IX is running this intake.... here is a pic of the filter the way it sits now and this is with the stock pipes and intake pipe any ideas?

Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

i don't think it's a problem with his BCS lines from the turbo, shouldn't it boost over 20+psi if it got disconnected? it seems like his BCS is somehow stuck closed, letting all the pressure into the WG all the time. I would've said the 4mm nipple on his injen intake pipe was clogged, but apparently the same thing happen with the stock intake tube. can't imagine why a filter has such an effect.....
Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RRRS
i don't think it's a problem with his BCS lines from the turbo, shouldn't it boost over 20+psi if it got disconnected? it seems like his BCS is somehow stuck closed, letting all the pressure into the WG all the time. I would've said the 4mm nipple on his injen intake pipe was clogged, but apparently the same thing happen with the stock intake tube. can't imagine why a filter has such an effect.....
Thats where I am at with it..... I now have a $400 intake that I can't use unless someone has an idea that I havnt tried..... btw just some info.... when I am having the problem the needle on the boost gauge shakes really bad at 12 psi.....
Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

well, it might not do jack, but try this......pull out the line into the intake tube and cap off the 4mm nipple, let the hose hang and test drive. or, leave the whole filter off and short test drive
Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnEB
Guess I dont remember me asking how to trash an intake right? I asked for help on a problem if you want to flame it and not help then dont read it.
That was not a flame. It was advice, which you in turn took and your car is now running great. Your welcome.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

well, it might not do jack, but try this......pull out the line into the intake tube and cap off the 4mm nipple, let the hose hang and test drive. or, leave the whole filter off and short test drive
I would think that would just cause a boost leak? Are you talking about the 4mm line from the bcs to the intake?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

yea it would leak a little bit, doesn't hurt to test it out. i'm just baffled as to why your filter would be causing this.

*i meant cap off the intake tube's 4mm nipple, don't cap off the bcs.......
Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

yea it would leak a little bit, doesn't hurt to test it out. i'm just baffled as to why your filter would be causing this.

*i meant cap off the intake tube's 4mm nipple, don't cap off the bcs.......

yeah... well I talked to a couple of tuners and they say its altitude
Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Altitude???? Oh brother...
Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Altitude???? Oh brother...
Ok then what else can you come at? Its that or its setting my car into limp home mode.....
Old Aug 2, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Altitude wouldn't randomly make you run 12psi with an intake. People at this altitude have that intake and other intakes. They don't run around with 12psi. If you had the proper mods in order to utilize an intake, maybe it would work, but there's absolutely no reason to have that intake when you have no tune and no MBC to control your boost. There's also no reason to have an APS BOV with stock boost and stock tune when your stock BOV was incredible. This is just what happens when people mess around instead of listening to good advice. It's the ricer disease that I told you about on EvoTuners when you first signed up...buy things to look good even if it hurts performance!
Old Aug 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Altitude wouldn't randomly make you run 12psi with an intake. People at this altitude have that intake and other intakes. They don't run around with 12psi. If you had the proper mods in order to utilize an intake, maybe it would work, but there's absolutely no reason to have that intake when you have no tune and no MBC to control your boost. There's also no reason to have an APS BOV with stock boost and stock tune when your stock BOV was incredible. This is just what happens when people mess around instead of listening to good advice. It's the ricer disease that I told you about on EvoTuners when you first signed up...buy things to look good even if it hurts performance!
Ok well that does me 100% no good.... If there are hundreds of people are running a ****ing intake here with not problems then whats the deal is the intake messed up?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

i know its been said numerous times....but get under the car and look at the lines....

one of them is probably be crushed or kinked.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SaOrlando
i know its been said numerous times....but get under the car and look at the lines....

one of them is probably be crushed or kinked.
Yeah I looked at them but like I said I can go to the intake box it runs great then I throw the injen filter on with the stock piping it runs bad again.... I dont know bro it's a faulty intake is what I get at...... but I asked injen and the place I bought it and told them of the problem and they pretty **** told me to **** off..... shows what happens
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Im still baffled how these threads appear everyday. People buying useless parts for their car they dont need that doesnt make it faster. WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Problems with Injen intake for evo IX