Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

3" turbo back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2003, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3" exhaust for Evo VIII

I just installed an HKS 2,5" downpipe with a JIC stainless catback exhaust and I am very impressed with the quality. I purchased the products as well as a Rallyart replacement air filter from Vivid Racing. I had a great experience from Mike at Vivid and had the products delivered on time as promised.

I also purchased a Perrin cat delete pipe, but I'm not sure if I will install it or not.

The Power felt really good and the sound was only slightly louder than stock. I played with the adjustable baffle in the muffler, but decided to remove it completely. There was an imediate increase in performance and also sound. There is no annoying resonance in the car. I'm very happy.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by sccavee
This may have been covered in other threads, do you always get a service engine soon light when you remove the CAT and use a test pipe?
Not if you have the ultimate racing test pipe. i heard perrin test pipe has a fix too?
Old Jun 23, 2003, 03:19 PM

Perrin Cat delete pipe

Yes, Perrin does include a sensor that goes in line with the O2 sensor and is supposed to eliminate any check engine lights from the upgrade.

J