Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

apex cone filter

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
apex cone filter

well i saw this picture from a magazine, i don't remember which one but. there's some guy who installed an intake that i believe and it looked like HKS and had an APEXi cone filter. i'm not too sure if they're compatible, are they? if so then i'll buy a different filter since my hks needs to be replaced and is not very good at filtering.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apex will never fit onto the hks kit. and apex is a much better filter then hks. should have go with the apex in the first place.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I have the Apexi cone filter, it is supposed to be among the best flowing and best filtration filters out there. It hasn't interfered with my intake sensor either, perhaps due to their cone design.

I remember reading a Japanese or translated US website that did third-party testing of a number of filters, like from Blitz (the metal cone intake), HKS foam, etc. and the Apexi flowed more or less the same as the Blitz metal filter but filtered MUCH better, if I recall correctly. Best to search and find that website/page for the full results... perhaps someone else here has that link handy?