Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20g records, Stock Appearing Class etc.....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IHUNTV8
Your not just going to get one 20g-azz whoopin but your going to get two
Might have to make that three
Old Aug 18, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it was really Stock Appearing Class you would be using the Stock Ecu. Not a $2500 Stand Alone. Not hating just my opinion...
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spooledevo
If it was really Stock Appearing Class you would be using the Stock Ecu. Not a $2500 Stand Alone. Not hating just my opinion...
Wow, you can SEE the ECU? Man, are you from Krypton or something?

Keith
Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
spooledevo,

Seeing as the shootout has been around for 14 years and any computer has beenallowed as long as the car met certain visual inspections I'd say............

The ECU is not seen, how does that make a difference on whether or not it is stock appearing?

BTW, we took my RS to another track last night. Really not and humid, was raining on and off. I put my handicapped *** in the car and ran two passes. First one for some odd reason the clutch slipped and I ran a 12.0, I got ticked off and turned the keys over to Trent. He ran a 10.94 at 128.58 mph after a few low 11's. I tried it one more time and ran 11.40 at 126.70. Big difference in drivers that's for sure.

Daniels car, which could almost pass for stock appearing since our GT35R kit has a stock heat shield on it, ran 10.88 at 130 mph, on 93 octane and our alky kit. Pretty happy with that.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
spooledevo,

Seeing as the shootout has been around for 14 years and any computer has beenallowed as long as the car met certain visual inspections I'd say............

The ECU is not seen, how does that make a difference on whether or not it is stock appearing?

BTW, we took my RS to another track last night. Really not and humid, was raining on and off. I put my handicapped *** in the car and ran two passes. First one for some odd reason the clutch slipped and I ran a 12.0, I got ticked off and turned the keys over to Trent. He ran a 10.94 at 128.58 mph after a few low 11's. I tried it one more time and ran 11.40 at 126.70. Big difference in drivers that's for sure.

Daniels car, which could almost pass for stock appearing since our GT35R kit has a stock heat shield on it, ran 10.88 at 130 mph, on 93 octane and our alky kit. Pretty happy with that.

Like I said before I am not hating. I think you are flying with a stock style Turbo. But correct me if I am wrong David are you running without a stock MAF? If so then It would not look stock appearing to me under the hood with out the Stock MAF on front of the Turbo... I can put spray on a car and hide it well enough that you cant see it, dose that make it Stock Appearing???
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Dave what do you think that the 20g 9-5 is capable on a flashed evo 9, cam, intake, TBE, MBC? Would you need the upgraded actuator or will the stock do fine? Looking at 91 and 110 tunes for road racing. Thanks in advance for the answers
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Wow, you can SEE the ECU? Man, are you from Krypton or something?

Keith
Damn you blew my cover. I have been called Super Man before, damn those women... But I can pop a hood and see that there is no Stock MAF and know there no Stock ECU, unless he is using some sort of piggy back to run without the Stock MAF. Which we know this is not the case...
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Like I said before I am not hating. I think you are flying with a stock style Turbo. But correct me if I am wrong David are you running without a stock MAF? If so then It would not look stock appearing to me under the hood with out the Stock MAF on front of the Turbo... I can put spray on a car and hide it well enough that you cant see it, dose that make it Stock Appearing???
that is strange. if it appears stock but someone were to do a closer inspection and find the spray you would be done. so if they happened to check for the stock ecu, not that hard to find, would you be done too.

even though i am an AMS fan, Buschur is putting the beats down on everyone. I cant hate so...great job Buschur
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

What if he just drilled out the stock MAF? Would you be ok with that?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
What if he just drilled out the stock MAF? Would you be ok with that?
Well it dose not matter if it is ok with me or not, becuse it is David's Shoot Out not mine. But IMO if you pop a hood and look in side it and dont see a Stock MAF to me that is not Stock Appearing...
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Hmmmm, lets check the stock apearing rules. If I remember correctly stock apearing DSM's must retain the stock MAS.... but I don't remember that being a rule in the stock apearing EVO class. Let me see if I can find the rules on Buschurs site.

Keith
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmmm, lets check the stock apearing rules. If I remember correctly stock apearing DSM's must retain the stock MAS.... but I don't remember that being a rule in the stock apearing EVO class. Let me see if I can find the rules on Buschurs site.

Keith
I never was comparing the 2 classes, but thank you for pointing the rules out. Why should the rules be diffrent. I know you can run a upgaded FMIC in the Evo class but not the DSM class, but that is because the EVO comes stock with a FMIC.
No Stock MAF on front of the Turbo is not Stock Appearing no matter ho much you disagree with me. IMO

Last edited by spooledevo; Aug 19, 2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Just checked the rules, even for DSM's stock apearing speed density conversions are OK.... so what is your beef?

Keith
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Just checked the rules, even for DSM's stock apearing speed density conversions are OK.... so what is your beef?

Keith

well you just checked the rules....he just said he wasnt sure what the rules were. so its great that you gave us all a little insite...

i dont care what the rules are anyway cause i am not planning on racing in it...but as he said and as i said...."We would THINK that if it didnt look stock then it wouldnt fall in the class"

i mean even the rules sound slightly contradictory
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

I never was comparing the 2 classes, but thank you for pointing the rules out. Why should the rules be diffrent. I know you can run a upgaded FMIC in the Evo class but not the DSM class, but that is because the EVO comes stock with a FMIC.
No Stock MAF on front of the Turbo is not Stock Appearing no matter ho much you disagree with me. IMO
If you don't like the rules of the game then don't play. Do the brakets and be happy.

The ONLY things you could change by your "stock apearing" rules would be cams, pistons and rods.... they are out of site.

I can see intercooler pipes, I can see mufflers, I can see MAF sensors.... so none of those can be changed in MY stock apearing class.... now if I put on the event I can run it that way. Until then we will go by Daves rules OK?

Keith

PS: If you are that butt hurt over the ESA rules just lie. It operates on the honor system, and if you can lie about something that petty more power to you and go ahead and compete in ESA next year.

Last edited by Fourdoor; Aug 19, 2006 at 11:17 AM.

Quick Reply: 20g records, Stock Appearing Class etc.....