Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20g records, Stock Appearing Class etc.....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but he made the rules so who cares... i think you could do close to the same thing without the AEM
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
your butt hurt about it. Just let it go.
wow. haha. that went from asking an honest question to talking crap.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I will PM you my opinion of this converstion.... I am getting ticked off and it is not fit for public discussion.

Keith
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

rgr wilco
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Its "One Mans" interpretation or loose interpretation of a "stock appearing Evo". You are correct, if you dont like the rules, you dont have to run in that class or even run at the shootout also.

Because it is Buschur's race, he is going to tailor the rules for the "stock appearing" class to taylor to his products and his stage 4 package.

One of an even bigger thing that shows it being not "stock appearing" is the tubular O2 housing. Most stock Evo's I have seen have a heat shield that covers the O2 housing. If you run an upgraded O2 housing, it should at least appear stock. The Turbo is required to be "stock appearing" so the O2 housing should be the same. If you notice the tubular exhaust manifold is not allowed, yet small battery, and an all new upper IC piping is allowed, an removal of stock airbox and MAF is also allowed.

Not complaining about the above, but it just shows that its not necessarily a "stock appearing class" really.. Its a specific class with specific rules designed by David Buschur that showcases the abilities of most of his products that he wants to designate as "close enough" to stock looking to be okay.

My $.02.

Brian
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
If you don't like the rules of the game then don't play. Do the brakets and be happy.

The ONLY things you could change by your "stock apearing" rules would be cams, pistons and rods.... they are out of site.

I can see intercooler pipes, I can see mufflers, I can see MAF sensors.... so none of those can be changed in MY stock apearing class.... now if I put on the event I can run it that way. Until then we will go by Daves rules OK?

Keith

PS: If you are that butt hurt over the ESA rules just lie. It operates on the honor system, and if you can lie about something that petty more power to you and go ahead and compete in ESA next year.
That is great coming from a Moderator. Someone has a opinion and not talking crap at all, and he has to get a attitude and talk crap to me about my butt. IMO Stock Appearing should be basic bolt ons, that is why my car dose not run in that class. I would not feel right to run in Stock Appearing class with my mods and beat up on cars that are true Stock Appearing... Plus i dont run for bragging rights at a event. I much rather run someone for cash down the strip and collect my money at the end...
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spooledevo
That is great coming from a Moderator. Someone has a opinion and not talking crap at all, and he has to get a attitude and talk crap to me about my butt. IMO Stock Appearing should be basic bolt ons, that is why my car dose not run in that class. I would not feel right to run in Stock Appearing class with my mods and beat up on cars that are true Stock Appearing... Plus i dont run for bragging rights at a event. I much rather run someone for cash down the strip and collect my money at the end...
great, so start your own race class and make the rules however you want.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spooledevo
I much rather run someone for cash down the strip and collect my money at the end...
How about Import Showdow in October? You and me $1,000 on video.

I'm just north of Atlanta so we're not that far away from each other. The Import Showdown is a couple months away if you prefer to do it then. My new clutch is being installed this upcoming week, so I'll be ready soon.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

this is getting good....well back to the 20G topic...what is this i hear about compressor surge...if i send my turbo into buschur he will upgrade or something so i dont have to worry about my turbo kicking the bucket?
does anyone know how long it generally takes to get a turbo back from him? also if i have all teh basic bolt ons and cams with a flash all i would need is the turbo and injectors right? tune of course....would i have to upgrade my bypass valve. i can only have a bypass because of CA smog. would a JDM MR Bypass be fine?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The SA classes used to be much more strict about being stock appearing, and guess what happened? No one raced in the friggin thing. Dave's been running this SO for 14 years now, he has constantly changed the rules, not to tailer them to his products or his "stages," but to keep particiapation up. He allowed FMICs in DSA this year, and it's the highest car count I've seen in that class (I've been to the last 5 SOs). The turbo is always the major limiting factor in any setup, so by limiting you to stock appearing turbos, you keep the spirit of the class (lower budget) without forcing everyone to drive slow ****boxes for the other 364 days of the year. 90% of the poeple that complain about the rules don't even run in the event anyway...
Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
Its "One Mans" interpretation or loose interpretation of a "stock appearing Evo". You are correct, if you dont like the rules, you dont have to run in that class or even run at the shootout also.

Because it is Buschur's race, he is going to tailor the rules for the "stock appearing" class to taylor to his products and his stage 4 package.

One of an even bigger thing that shows it being not "stock appearing" is the tubular O2 housing. Most stock Evo's I have seen have a heat shield that covers the O2 housing. If you run an upgraded O2 housing, it should at least appear stock. The Turbo is required to be "stock appearing" so the O2 housing should be the same. If you notice the tubular exhaust manifold is not allowed, yet small battery, and an all new upper IC piping is allowed, an removal of stock airbox and MAF is also allowed.

Not complaining about the above, but it just shows that its not necessarily a "stock appearing class" really.. Its a specific class with specific rules designed by David Buschur that showcases the abilities of most of his products that he wants to designate as "close enough" to stock looking to be okay.

My $.02.

Brian
i agree with you brian, you hit it right on the button, and great now we have a race offer in the evo/turbo/drivetrain, where we are suppose to be learning about our evos!! not *****ing about whos faster or whos a sponsored car!!!
Old Aug 19, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

get a IX DV valve and it iwill be fine
Old Aug 19, 2006, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

so nobody has every used just 91 oct on a 20g?????
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
How about Import Showdow in October? You and me $1,000 on video.

I'm just north of Atlanta so we're not that far away from each other. The Import Showdown is a couple months away if you prefer to do it then. My new clutch is being installed this upcoming week, so I'll be ready soon.
Sounds good, you PM when the date is closer for the Import Showdown or when your ride is ready...
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for hijacking Dave's thread guys! Could we please get this thing back on topic?

Quick Reply: 20g records, Stock Appearing Class etc.....