Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy V-spec Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy V-spec Intercooler

Hi,

I am going for the following mods

Greddy Evo-2 Exhaust
DC Sports Downpipe
HKS Racing Suction Kit
Greddy V-Spec Intercooler with Lower IC piping
Blitz Dual SBC
Walbro fuel pump

My car is a JDM Evolution 8. All this stuff is on order and I will get in a weeks time. I am just thinking over the greddy intercooler. Do i need it for the stock turbo? I plan to upgrade the turbo but not in the very near future. People are telling me that just the hard pipe kit that comes with the Greddy intercooler will make a lot of horsepower. Please let me know if its a worth enough investment and how much hp should i expect from the above setup and what would be my cars 0-60mph and quarter mile times for a good driver.

thanks
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A friend of mine from this forum (Edwin) didn't improve with a Greddy FMIC. , he is running stock turbo.

I sold an aftermarket IC (don't want to say the name) for not being my cup of tea performance wise. I was on stock turbo.

To make this 200% more credible, I dynoed the car before and after the IC install, I ran at the track before and after the IC and I got a retune before and after. I never tried the Greddy but I am saying Edwin had it on his car and it wasn't his cup of tea either.

He also has dynos done with the Greddy before and after.

As far is your other mods, you will love the Greddy Evo II, to me is one of the best Exhaust ever made. The HKS intake is good but too pourous.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Aug 16, 2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thanks for the response. I am also having second thoughts about the intercooler. I don't think that i need it. lets see what other members have to say.

Can't wait to put the Evo-2 on

thanks
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Poeple swear up and down that some aftermarket IC made significant gains, in fact I know somer people that made huge gains like SOON2BEVO.

I definately found that the stock works very very well for me. I trapped identical speeds with the stock IC than with a 25"x 12.7" x 3.5" aftermarket core IC.

I was also trapping the same speeds last weekend than a friend of mine with an aftermarket IC, keep in mind I had lesser mods.

To me is a give take situation, too big and you loose spool up and boost. I believe the stock IC is just exceptional for the task specially with the stock turbo, but that is my personal track/dyno tested opinion.

Carlos