Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

$900 to spend what to buy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$900 to spend what to buy

Hey guys ive gotten about 900 to spend and was going to do a dynoflash instead of my TT flash. And i will be purchasing a Injen LICP. To minus the flash say take 200 out of the 900 leaves me around 700 to spend what should i do with it. I was thinking of doing an ams FMIC what kind of gains would i see from this. Which would be the full amount but what power adders can i do. Or not even power adders maybe some exterior Let me know you imput thanks alot

Matt
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

i have heard gains as much as 20whp with a FMIC with the proper supporting mods....
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...roducts_id=172

You have just enough money too....
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

I would also agree with Scott, a FMIC would be a good mod to do next based on your sig. We usually see 15-20HP gains with an upgraded turbo or close to that with high boost on a stocker. PM me if you have any further questions.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
THat is exactly the one i was looking at!!!!

Matt
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

BUY IT!!! I have one and it looks bad *** on the car. You will not release how cheap looking your stock one is until you take it off and compare it to the AMS
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

do yo uhave any pics of it on the car?
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

I've seen a FMIC give up to 27whp with the same mods u have...that is with proper tuning. Make sure you get a baseline dyno run so when u get your dynoflash you have something to compare to...
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Fmic!!
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

I say you save your money and get everything you want to get at one shot. Everytime you add something that is going to give you hp guess what your going to need a retune. Your going to $200 everytime just for them to add or take away timeing and fueling now that is a waste of money.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, an FMIC is not that helpful on the stock turbo running pump gas boost. The AMS FMIC looks great, but you guys are exaggerating here. There are many many Evos out there with bling FMICs that don't make squat for power over an Evo with the stock FMIC. He would get far, FAR more power out of a $500 alky kit plus a $400 custom reflash.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Guys, an FMIC is not that helpful on the stock turbo running pump gas boost. The AMS FMIC looks great, but you guys are exaggerating here. There are many many Evos out there with bling FMICs that don't make squat for power over an Evo with the stock FMIC. He would get far, FAR more power out of a $500 alky kit plus a $400 custom reflash.
OMG +1 MILLION!

This is a ridiculous thread, i hate when i go around and see thread full of 99% BS, and WARR is the only person ever stating anything helpful.

An alky kit is the next proper mod in his path, he should use the remaining money for a custom tune, no matter who it is from. He will see much, much more gains from this then an upgraded IC on a stock turbo. Everyone knows it isn't neccesary to upgrade the FMIC or intake until you upgrade to a bigger turbo.

I have seem WAY more people actually loose power through upgrading their FMIC w/ stock turbo, who end up selling them, then i have seen gain the kind of numbers you guys are talking here.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know what you plan to do with your car, but you might want to think about suspension and handling mods. $900 could do a lot for speeding up your corners, unless you plan on simply going for power.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$900 can't do much for handling really. It's usually a mistake to go piecemeal on suspension by adding random braces, sway bars, and springs. A good setup that is properly balanced and mated will cost much more than $900. I get the impression that he wouldn't make much use of a good suspension, though, so $900 for some Megan Coilovers might be good for him.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
agree to disagree. i believe a new FMIC will help free up some of the restriction in the system and i will feel that it will pull harder up top. im not sure about the 27 hp but i would say 5-15whp is very common.

now about the alcohol system, unless u plan on racing it, dont bother. its a great mod for huge power, but its kinda is the same concept as NOS. it has to be activated, and u have to fool with your boost controler. not woth it imho unless u plan on racing.

i am installing a BUSCHUR deluxe this week (assuming it come in) and im not expecting to feel huge gains. but overall the car should feel smother and pull harder up top.

as for the custom flash, its really a must to get the most power out of what u have.

Quick Reply: $900 to spend what to buy