Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XSPower (eBay) Exhaust Question...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrunkMunkyStyle
Exactly, hence why that wouldn't be an accurate description for that piece. The catback includes the muffler and the axle-back. This pipe is the one that is between the test pipe and the axle-back.
Which is the straight pipe, but all this together = catback. Let us know how fitment is.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:04 AM

I wasn't asking about the O2 housing gasket Lexat20, I am asking about the TBE gaskets. I guess I will just use the ones supplied and hope they do not leak...
Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't asking about the O2 housing gasket Lexat20, I am asking about the TBE gaskets. I guess I will just use the ones supplied and hope they do not leak...
OOOOHHHHHHHHH duh, yeah I used the ones that came with the exhaust.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 08:19 PM

Cool, thank you all for your help.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 02:28 AM
Evolved Member

i'm sure that exhaust is 30lbs lighter than a nice ti...
Old Aug 24, 2006, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

For onrails -- Maybe a full Ti exaust is 10 - 15 lbs. lighter, but that is a lot to pay for non-rotational weight.

You would get much better peformance buying used MR rims, removing weight from the brakes (check out the BR posts), changing pressure plate / disc setup, etc....

Also, I always find it funny when folks show up at the track with all sorts of expensive weight saving on their car and then are like 80 lbs overweight. The cheapest (and healthiest) alternative is to get on a healthy diet, work out, and be fit ...

I am sure the Ti exhausts are nice though...
Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
^ i agree, i would rather spend the money on a nice set of light weight forged aluminum wheels. 15-20 lbs of sprung mass on a 3400 lbs car doesn't mean much unless you race professionally and need to loose every ounce of weight.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

link or pics of this exhaust?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

I agree there are some ebay parts that should not be used on an evo. Some examples would be the intercooler and suspension braces. However it is a trial and error process. There are some parts on ebay that work just as well as their more expensive name brand parts such as the O2 outlet. I've never seen an ebay exahust for an evo in person but I have never seen a poor quality catback for an evo. Back when I had a megan exhaust , I bought it because it was less than 400 dollars. It was made very high quality and sounded very good. The only reason I got rid of it was because I didn't wants to attract attention of the cops and bought a greddy SP2. The greddy cost close to 600 dollars and weighed very close to the megan. In addition the quality was the same in welds and fitment. There are even a few members use the duralast gold brake pads with excellent results. My point is you should't judge things before they are tested just because they are bought on ebay or very bought for a very low price. If the car is daily driven and not tracked very often the most expensive parts are not always needed.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:12 AM

since there is already answered main question i'd like to answer another one:

what about fitment in '05 with ACD car?

regards.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:46 AM

I weighed the XS Power exhaust because there was an argument earlier in the thread (plus I was just curious).

XS Power Down Pipe with DEI Thermal Heat Wrap = 8 lbs
XS Power Test Pipe with DEI Thermal Heat Wrap = 4 lbs
XS Power Center Pipe (Mid Pipe, whatever you want to call it) w/ Cel Fix = 6 lbs
XS Power Axle Back = 16 lbs
Mounting Bolts and Hardware = 1.5 lbs

I haven't wrapped the Center Pipe with the Thermal Wrap yet and I am not wrapping the Axle Back. I also haven't sprayed the wrap with the DEI silicone spray yet, that should add a little weight. Also take into account the fact that I used stainless steel C Clamps to secure the wrap (although I doubt that adds much weight). Anywho, it doesn't seem that heavy for a full stainless steel exhaust with a huge muffler (that I hate). Once I cut that horrid monster of a muffler off and replace it with something smaller then that would probably save 2 or 3 pounds.

Does anyone know what the stock Evo 8 exhaust weighs?

Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
why buy a 30,000 dollar car and then put the worst parts possible on it.

if you can't afford to mod.. you shouldn't be.

wrong. How do you know it doesn't work? have you test them yourself? did you know the ebay o2 housing make the most gain ? All exhaust are the same bro, most are paying for the bling blign and brand names. I know plenty of people are running ebay exhaust and they make great power. my bad i have just realize you're a newbie
Old Aug 31, 2006, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
I weighed the XS Power exhaust because there was an argument earlier in the thread (plus I was just curious).

XS Power Down Pipe with DEI Thermal Heat Wrap = 8 lbs
XS Power Test Pipe with DEI Thermal Heat Wrap = 4 lbs
XS Power Center Pipe (Mid Pipe, whatever you want to call it) w/ Cel Fix = 6 lbs
XS Power Axle Back = 16 lbs
Mounting Bolts and Hardware = 1.5 lbs

I haven't wrapped the Center Pipe with the Thermal Wrap yet and I am not wrapping the Axle Back. I also haven't sprayed the wrap with the DEI silicone spray yet, that should add a little weight. Also take into account the fact that I used stainless steel C Clamps to secure the wrap (although I doubt that adds much weight). Anywho, it doesn't seem that heavy for a full stainless steel exhaust with a huge muffler (that I hate). Once I cut that horrid monster of a muffler off and replace it with something smaller then that would probably save 2 or 3 pounds.

Does anyone know what the stock Evo 8 exhaust weighs?

i think that all that heat wrapping is a waste of time, money and add unnecessary weight to your car. heat wrapping is only beneficial on anything before the turbo and the turbo itself. maybe the downpipe but that's just to keep the temp in the engine bay down.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:10 AM

honda-guy: You may be right, but to my understanding the heat wrap helps increase the exhaust velocity and efficiency as well as keep temps down in-cabin. So far I have only wrapped the DP and Test Pipe, that may be all I am going to wrap aft of the turbine. I will now focus on the stock Exhaust Mani and then find something to do with the O2 housing (I may wrap it as well, who knows).
Old Aug 31, 2006, 02:26 PM

Have you installed this yet? I am interested on how it sounds. I am looking into a exhaust, and was going to go with Megan TBE, but say this on ebay and was curious on it.

Quick Reply: XSPower (eBay) Exhaust Question...