Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XSPower (eBay) Exhaust Question...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's funny i always hear retards saying this kinda bs, funny thing is that is exhaust is probably higher quality in every aspect over the hand build buschur/ams/rnr exhausts..

JUST BECAUSE IT COSTS LESS DOESNT MEAN IT IS LOWER QUALITY, GET OVER YOURSELF

EBAY:

BUSCHUR:

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
why buy a 30,000 dollar car and then put the worst parts possible on it.

if you can't afford to mod.. you shouldn't be.

Last edited by kf6ytc; Aug 31, 2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 04:55 AM

Looking at those pix compared to the Buschur pix you can see why I do NOT want that muffler. The quality on the eBay exhaust is there but that muffler has to go. I think a smaller muffler would allow the exhaust to be pulled up a bit more as well.

That is a huge *****...
Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:09 AM

I forgot to add that I have been looking at Magnaflow straight through C/C stainless steel designs to replace that thing. They are made in oval and round but they are much smaller and probably sound better (I haven't heard the eBay muffler yet however).
Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:10 AM

Question

does it fit '05 car with ACD?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

so did you order it yet? and when are you going to install it?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

omg lol, the buscher exhaust is soooo ugly.

i really want to get this turbo back exhaust but jesus F#ING christ, thats a HUGE fart can at the end. Something that seems to perfect and they go and ruin it with a enourmous can.

maybe ill still get it though. Questions:

1) How does it sound, is it just REALLY loud?

2) What are the power gains (even if its just a butt dyno...)
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

lmao, yeah show pics of the brand new unused ebay exhaust against pics of my buddy's never-cleaned-driven in michigan crap weather buschur exhaust.

if you want i'll crawl under my car and show you my BR exhaust that is brand new looking after 10K miles. it's not like the BR TBE is expensive anyways. i guess i just don't care if the piping is shiney for a few miles or not.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

will the ebay exhaust fit onto a 9?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

No it won't fit any Evo with ACD.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

weird because on the ebay site it says:

Catback+Cat+DP Mitsubishi Lancer EVO-8 Evolution 02-06

I'm assuming 02-06 is the year... I know evo's werent officially sold in '02 but I think you could still get them in the later months.

So is this a misprint?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:38 PM

I've had this exhaust on my IX for about a month now and "fit" is a relative term IMO. From the problems I have seen with other 3" TBEs, fitment problems involve the downpipe hitting the ACD or hitting the cross bars or hitting the floorpan. The XSPower exhaust has no problems with the cross bars or the floorpan but has a definite problem with contacting the ACD. Addtionally, it sits very close to the oil pan.

One of the solutions for the ACD contact is to mark where it hits, drop the downpipe, and hit it with a hammer to form a dimple at the contact point. Another solution that I have thought of is to buy some cheap 3" header collector gaskets and stack them on top of the donut gasket between the downpipe and O2 housing. This should bring the downpipe down a smidge and may provide more clearance for the oil pan and ACD. I will be trying this later this week.

Regarding noise, it is very loud and annoying to me. It is particularly bad between 2K and 3K rpms. With the windows closed, the interior cabin resonates so badly that you can hear the interior panels vibrating. Outside of that RPM range, it is somewhat bearable. Luckily, it does come with a silencer which actually makes it quieter than stock.

Regarding performance, I haven't dynoed it but I can definitively state that the turbo does spool quicker with it on. Adding the silencer, however, definitely hurts performance with the benefit of much less noise.

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
will the ebay exhaust fit onto a 9?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I've received a few PMs about my experience with the EBAY exhaust so I figured I would take the time to respond to everyone in this post.

I have about 12k on the exhaust so far. There is no doubt this thing makes power, if that is all your after then you will be extreamly happy. I trapped went 12.4 @ 110, and had several 110MPH passes with this exhaust on pump gas. Without a doubt its the best value out there in terms of a straight through 3" exhausts but there are some compromises that come with the price.

Recently the rear muffler started to rattle, then all of a sudden it just stopped. It doesn't make any other abnormal noises that I can tell currently, but who knows what will happen a week from now. This is something I can live with though so its not realy an issue. I do know of someone that also has this exhaust has experienced the same thing, although more frequently then me.

Another issue is the fit. It required some creative installation in order to get it not to touch the oil pan. And even after that its still pretty close. It cleared both lower tie bars with plenty of room though, unlike the other Megan Racing TBE I was running previously.

Other then that I really can't say anything else bad about it.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I've received a few PMs about my experience with the EBAY exhaust so I figured I would take the time to respond to everyone in this post.

I have about 12k on the exhaust so far. There is no doubt this thing makes power, if that is all your after then you will be extreamly happy. I trapped went 12.4 @ 110, and had several 110MPH passes with this exhaust on pump gas. Without a doubt its the best value out there in terms of a straight through 3" exhausts but there are some compromises that come with the price.

Recently the rear muffler started to rattle, then all of a sudden it just stopped. It doesn't make any other abnormal noises that I can tell currently, but who knows what will happen a week from now. This is something I can live with though so its not realy an issue. I do know of someone that also has this exhaust has experienced the same thing, although more frequently then me.

Another issue is the fit. It required some creative installation in order to get it not to touch the oil pan. And even after that its still pretty close. It cleared both lower tie bars with plenty of room though, unlike the other Megan Racing TBE I was running previously.

Other then that I really can't say anything else bad about it.
How is the sound compared to other TBEs you have heard?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
No it won't fit any Evo with ACD.
my boy has it on his 05 with no problems other than the gasket supplied to fit in the top of the downpipe wont fit so we just used the stock gasket and it wokrs fine with no problems..

some pics from the install, sorry about the color...

Last edited by Shizzle; Sep 6, 2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TalonFiero
How is the sound compared to other TBEs you have heard?
I can tell you that my other boy has the buschur turbo back with cams and that is the way an exhaust should sound...

but in comparison it sounds similar with out the slight lope of the cams. very deep, throaty and f***ing awsome at WOT.

For the money its well worth it... A 3" exhaust is still a 3" exhaust no matter the price...

Quick Reply: XSPower (eBay) Exhaust Question...