Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XSPower (eBay) Exhaust Question...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awsome man, thanks so much for the pics! I just ordered this exhaust and will be getting it in 1-6 days.

i'll take pics and let ya'll know how the install goes.

my goal is to make the fastest, cheapest, easily-back-to-warranty, evo out there.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrunkMunkyStyle
I forgot to add that I have been looking at Magnaflow straight through C/C stainless steel designs to replace that thing. They are made in oval and round but they are much smaller and probably sound better (I haven't heard the eBay muffler yet however).
can you link me to this?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:13 AM

348 HP at AMS with just that TBE w/e you say kid, I have a tanabe concept g blue TBE hks racing suction kit walbro fuel pump and arp head studs and I am not making 348 hp. As for ebay parts I am very nervous about ordering them, o2 housing, header maybe ill order those but other items I am skeptical about, like the fmic and intercooler piping, I would love nothing more than to save $500+ and buy that fmic but I just dont feel right and would rather buy the AMS fmic and be assured it will work the best and give me the most for my money, like some of you said I didnt go out and buy the best/fastest/tuner ( i would so rather have an evo than a porsche/corvette/stwhy?) friendly car for my money so that I could put toysrus parts on it.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Jimithing,

I agree with you partly... I would never buy an FMIC off some knock-off brand through ebay. However consider an exhaust, its basically nothing more than 3 inches of metal tubing. You can see in the pics, the welds are nice.

I cant see spending $600-$1,000 on an exhaust when its simply just 3" tubing! Sure, maybe the buscher exhaust makes 2-5 hp more... But lets face it, now I can afford an MBC and a flash for the price of some people's entire cat backs (not everyone i know).

thats just my thinking, there's not enough that can go wrong with this part for it to bother me.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:24 PM

You guys with the exhaust you should post up some vids/sound clips of it.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 06:12 AM

here you go: http://www.xs-power.co.uk/node/60
Old Sep 12, 2006, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Shizzle
my boy has it on his 05 with no problems other than the gasket supplied to fit in the top of the downpipe wont fit so we just used the stock gasket and it wokrs fine with no problems..

No issues hitting the ACD or sitting too close to the oil pan like the guy that has it on his IX mentioned?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 02:23 AM
Account Disabled

Hmmm. I had one of those cheap *** Tsudo exhausts. The fitment is horrible. It hung too far to the left and melted part of my bumper. I can't sell it because I don't want to sell something to someone that I know will have fitment issues. Also, the melted plastic on the tip looks bad. If you really, really are trying to save money, just buy a used exhaust system. I bought a used Espelir downpipe and JGT500 catback for $375. Perfect 10 on the fitment. Cleared the ACD unit, crossbars underneath, and the muffler tip touches none of the rear bumper and sits dead center in the exhaust part of the bumper. Can't beat it, even with a cheapie $200 eBay exhaust.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TogueMonster
Hmmm. I had one of those cheap *** Tsudo exhausts. The fitment is horrible. It hung too far to the left and melted part of my bumper. I can't sell it because I don't want to sell something to someone that I know will have fitment issues. Also, the melted plastic on the tip looks bad. If you really, really are trying to save money, just buy a used exhaust system. I bought a used Espelir downpipe and JGT500 catback for $375. Perfect 10 on the fitment. Cleared the ACD unit, crossbars underneath, and the muffler tip touches none of the rear bumper and sits dead center in the exhaust part of the bumper. Can't beat it, even with a cheapie $200 eBay exhaust.
wtf is a tsudo exhaust? im sorry but thats even less familiar than an XSPower... no surprise it sucked ***.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:03 AM

fixed ACD contact

I had mentioned earlier that on my IX, the exhaust would contact the ACD and I was able to fix it this past weekend. Since the downpipe has been sitting against the ACD case for a month now, I took it off to check it and sure enough, it had worn a 1" x 1/4" groove into the case. This certainly wasn't good so I wanted to make sure there would be adequate clearance.

I purchased some 3" collector gaskets from Summit Racing to place on top of the donut gasket at the O2 housing to bring the downpipe slightly downwards. This would also help with clearance between the pipe and oil pan. The 3" ones are actually a little too big so I would suggest 2 7/8" or 2 3/4" gaskets. I ended up using two of them which ended up bringing the downpipe down about 1/8".

Since I wanted to make sure there would be no more contact with the ACD, I also pounded on the downpipe with a baby sledgehammer to slightly flatten out the section closest to the ACD. From what I can tell, the pipe is now very slightly oblong at that section.

After putting everything back together, the downpipe now clears everything nicely. There is slightly more clearance under the oil pan, 1/4" clearance at the ACD and about 1/4" clearance with the front crossbar.

Another thing to remember is to tighten the flanges from the front to the back. Since clearances are so tight, "setting" the downpipe location first by tightening its bolts first helps prevent it from moving as the rest of the flange bolts are tightened.