Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BG syncroshift II,big difference

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealership told me to use the gm version of the diagueen, its ALOT cheaper and the same stuff
Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Warrtalons 4th went out while using BGII... a few others have posted issues with BGII.

The oem 75w85 I hear is synthetic btw.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

diaqueen*
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedwrx
I think Warrtalons 4th went out while using BGII... a few others have posted issues with BGII.

The oem 75w85 I hear is synthetic btw.
I don't think the SuperDiaqueen is synthetic, although I could be wrong. I use the MOPAR fully synthetic GL-4 75W-85 (it's repackaged Castrol SynTorq).
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

i doubt if warrtalons 4th gear went on him from using BGII. I,m not saying 4th didnt go on him i,m saying the BGII had nothing to do with it!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny23
Changed all my fluids last night,oil and filter(mobil I ext., 10w30) diaqueen in t/c and diffs,BG syncroshift II in trans. I had BG SF (non synthetic in there and i didnt think the trans could shift any better than it did, to my suprise it shifted much better and smoother than the original BG.I didnt think there would be a difference since like i said it was excellent already,smooth as glass with no notchyness (just made that word up lol) at all but with the II in there it is truely incredible.Anyone changing there trans fluid dont think twice about using it over anything else, you will be a very happy camper with it.
keep in mind that the tranny fluid breaks down after time, you don't notice the slowly and very subtle difference between new and used fluid. once you change you feel it.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
BG II is perfectly fine for our transmissions. You hear horror stories because people use different rated fluid. The transfer case is a different story, only use Diaqueen and not aftermarket fluid.
this is hilarious because everyone i know that races uses redline heavy shockproof for their pinion gears and i love how i changed out my friend's fluids and it comes out like water, but when i i change mine the rasberry syrup is still as sticky as day one...

earlyapex's 4th gear also went out on him. he was also using bg synchroshift ii. does that mean it was the fluid's fault? i know he's not blaming it on the fluid. it's the 6 speed's nature, it's not meant to be raced.

Last edited by trinydex; Aug 27, 2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex
this is hilarious because everyone i know that races uses redline heavy shockproof for their pinion gears and i love how i changed out my friend's fluids and it comes out like water, but when i i change mine the rasberry syrup is still as sticky as day one...

earlyapex's 4th gear also went out on him. he was also using bg synchroshift ii. does that mean it was the fluid's fault? i know he's not blaming it on the fluid. it's the 6 speed's nature, it's not meant to be raced.
BG II is good stuff... Don't blame it for the inferior 6 speed trans fault. To many gears in a confined package make for excessive heat build up and premature gear failure. If your running 6 speeds you better figure a way to install a trans cooler..Or wait till it fails and swap a 5 speed.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll keep beating up on mine with stock fluid. I always ensure its EXACTLY full too.

Too little of fluide would cause them to burn out quicker I would assume.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i was using bgII syncroshift but i founded out that its oil weight is 75w-80 which is thin cause the owners manual says to put 75w-85 or 75w-90.with the bg the gearbox felt very smooth but when i really pushed my car to ts limits the gearbox started feeling notchy,then i changed it out and i use motul gl-4 75w-90 and know i feel that my gearbox when its cold its very notchy but once it warms up it feels great also when pushing my car to its limits it doesnt become notchy as before it becomes smoother know!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

as far as using redline, i used it in my 03 8 in the trans. and t/c and to make a long story short i had them both replaced under warranty. I,ve used redline before in some of my muscle cars with no problems but never again in my evo.i,m not putting redline down i think its an excellent brand of fluid but everyone i know who used it in there evo,s had driveline failures due to the fluid. I never had a problem after changing from the redline back to the stock or BG fluids.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jrsimon27
i was using bgII syncroshift but i founded out that its oil weight is 75w-80 which is thin cause the owners manual says to put 75w-85 or 75w-90.with the bg the gearbox felt very smooth but when i really pushed my car to ts limits the gearbox started feeling notchy,then i changed it out and i use motul gl-4 75w-90 and know i feel that my gearbox when its cold its very notchy but once it warms up it feels great also when pushing my car to its limits it doesnt become notchy as before it becomes smoother know!
this is precisely the response i was waiting to see. earlyapex has been tracking his car with synchroshift for a long time. now it's a gooey fluid, thicker than diaqueen for sure. but people in dsms have been mixing fluids for forever.

commong mixes include the aforementioned 2bgss 1mt90 (redline); 2mtl (redline) 1bgss.

i think since it's so thick for daily driving, why not add a dash of diaqueen to your bg. can't hurt right? the more bg you're putting in there the more protection you're allowing yourself. it's just how warm do you get your tranny on a regular basis.

earlyapex said that after a long while of using bg in his 6 speed he never had a single notchiness problem. but in the beginning, it was VERY notchy. of course he tracks his car a lot so... make your own calls.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 04:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I prefer to use the 75W-85 or exact equivalent like the owner's manual says. 75W-90 is fine for the 5 speed. Also, don't forget, the 6 speed uses .7 liters less fluid than the 5 speed does, and I'm sure the 2.3 liters gets heated up more quickly than the 3 in the 5 speed. I am going to change out my MOPAR 75W-85 full synthetic here soon and see what its consistency is after 10,000 miles of highway use.

Remember , if you want real information send your stuff to Blackstone Labs for analysis.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex

earlyapex said that after a long while of using bg in his 6 speed he never had a single notchiness problem. but in the beginning, it was VERY notchy. of course he tracks his car a lot so... make your own calls.
Let me expand on this. What I meant is that my 6spd when the car was new was notchy but got smoother with mileage. The stock diaqueen felt notchy but it might have been because the car was so new. When I switched to BG2 the gearbox felt much smoother.

I will be looking into better fluids pretty soon here. Something that might be able to take the heat, even with a tranny cooler I will be running now.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

when i ordered the BG II from Buschur i believe it was nick i was talking to and he told me thats all they use on there cars,thats good enuf for me!

Quick Reply: BG syncroshift II,big difference