Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BG syncroshift II,big difference

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BG syncroshift II,big difference

Changed all my fluids last night,oil and filter(mobil I ext., 10w30) diaqueen in t/c and diffs,BG syncroshift II in trans. I had BG SF (non synthetic in there and i didnt think the trans could shift any better than it did, to my suprise it shifted much better and smoother than the original BG.I didnt think there would be a difference since like i said it was excellent already,smooth as glass with no notchyness (just made that word up lol) at all but with the II in there it is truely incredible.Anyone changing there trans fluid dont think twice about using it over anything else, you will be a very happy camper with it.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny23
Changed all my fluids last night,oil and filter(mobil I ext., 10w30) diaqueen in t/c and diffs,BG syncroshift II in trans. I had BG SF (non synthetic in there and i didnt think the trans could shift any better than it did, to my suprise it shifted much better and smoother than the original BG.I didnt think there would be a difference since like i said it was excellent already,smooth as glass with no notchyness (just made that word up lol) at all but with the II in there it is truely incredible.Anyone changing there trans fluid dont think twice about using it over anything else, you will be a very happy camper with it.
does it have the same rating's as stock fluid's. i keep hereing horror stories about aftermarket fluids for are tran's. i want stock fluid but cant seem to point a good deal on it. so i guess i got to get aftermarket
Old Aug 26, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
BG II is perfectly fine for our transmissions. You hear horror stories because people use different rated fluid. The transfer case is a different story, only use Diaqueen and not aftermarket fluid.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

If you have a 5 speed tranny and you want to use oem fluid you have to go to the dealership because they only have it by the drum.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
BG II is perfectly fine for our transmissions. You hear horror stories because people use different rated fluid. The transfer case is a different story, only use Diaqueen and not aftermarket fluid.
Absolutely right! dont use anything in the t/c or diffs other than the stock diaqueen. I have a friend that works at my local mits. dealer so i am sold just what i need to do the fluid changes.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolution_racer
If you have a 5 speed tranny and you want to use oem fluid you have to go to the dealership because they only have it by the drum.
yes it is an 03 evo 8. so will this be ok for me to use. anyone having problems with this stuff. i here people are having truble when switching to aftermarket stuff.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

you cant go wrong with the BG original or the synthetic (II) in the trans. i would recommend the II as i,ve used both and the II is superior to the non synthetic. You will feel an imediate difference in your car as soon as you change the fluid.BTW i got the BG II from buschur racing (440-839-1900)
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Danny23
you cant go wrong with the BG original or the synthetic (II) in the trans. i would recommend the II as i,ve used both and the II is superior to the non synthetic. You will feel an imediate difference in your car as soon as you change the fluid.BTW i got the BG II from buschur racing (440-839-1900)
is it gl4
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yes
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
BGII is so-so for the 6 speed, works great for the 5. Redline is fine to put in the rear diff. I use a synthetic exact equivalent of the SuperDiaqueen for the tranny, only SuperDiaqueen for the transfercase.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Make the change and dont worry! If you really want to get the ultimate in shifting precision and feel do this if you havn,t already. Remove the restrictor pill from the slave cylinder, put on a ss clutch line, get a good short shifter with metal,poly, etc. shifter bushings in the car and under the hood (2 piece), a razo 340 graham (i think thats the weight) shift knob, make sure you bleed the clutch really good,adjust your clutch so you have about 3-5 MM free play at the top and you wont believe the difference,(thats if your stock). Dont forget to change your trans fluid bro! good luck,Danny
Old Aug 26, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

it sux cause i cant find the bgII anywhere here in waco..... us the bg as a full replacement?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by idriveaevo
it sux cause i cant find the bgII anywhere here in waco..... us the bg as a full replacement?

Yes. It is great in the transmission. You can order it from Buschur or even Lancer Shop.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
Yes. It is great in the transmission. You can order it from Buschur or even Lancer Shop.
and the Diaqueen??????????? where can we get that for the tcase and rear diff
Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
and the Diaqueen??????????? where can we get that for the tcase and rear diff

From the dealer. I get my from either Shep or TRE.

Quick Reply: BG syncroshift II,big difference