Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Front Bumper Plates and pics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Well I got it to knock slightly every once and awhile now.... intake temps are over 260 degF (Capping out my intake sensor), running 22-23psi, 4 degrees more timing than on pump gas. Car cant hold 1st gear from a slow roll anymore. Logger is claiming 420ish horses with an extra 350 lbs of weight in the car.

I think I might try lowering the timing back down and just simply running more boost.. I think boost will make more power than the timing. AFRs are also alot leaner than I had before (If it was gas it would be around 12.0:1)

I am getting the fuel cell and both rails hard anodized soon and once its done and I get another set of injectors I will throw some straight methanol in there and see what happens I am trying to make sure the car is done and ready to run on Meth within 2 weeks to run it at the track. I better beat the old crappy 11.10 @ 129.9
10's or busted
Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Well it turns out the twin A-1000s won't work out for me. They are not technically Methanol safe apparently so I will be switching to a pulley driven mechanical pump.. 2500 lbs/hr and methanol safe. Need to fabricate the mount and find a way to get the pulleys to work but once its done it will be nice I suppose. This just added a little time before I get to run the car again but its fun

And when its all done the damned thing better run a 10 I will see how far we can push the stock motor but I dont see it letting me go all that much farther. I might finally give up and do some headwork to it just to let me get a little more RPM out of it safely.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Smile

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Well it turns out the twin A-1000s won't work out for me. They are not technically Methanol safe apparently so I will be switching to a pulley driven mechanical pump.. 2500 lbs/hr and methanol safe. Need to fabricate the mount and find a way to get the pulleys to work but once its done it will be nice I suppose. This just added a little time before I get to run the car again but its fun

And when its all done the damned thing better run a 10 I will see how far we can push the stock motor but I dont see it letting me go all that much farther. I might finally give up and do some headwork to it just to let me get a little more RPM out of it safely.
As long as the block is stock,it is ok!!You want to run 9's on stock block??Good luck.Go to dyno and get a rough estimate of what your car made.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an AWIC in my other street car. It works great in dropping the intake temps way down, even w/o ICE in the tank. Water is 4x better at absorbing the heat from the charge air then air is. I also did a lot of research before deciding which route to go and I am very happy with the setup. I use a hobbs switch to controll when the pump turns on/off so it keeps the water temps down even more. I also have a heat exchange since I daily drive the car on the street.

here is a pic of my setup.

best time so far is 12.5 at 119 w/ 2.3 60' at 16psi, lol.