Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dynoflash Vs Bigvalley @ Atco

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kee1pride
excuse for what? an evo8 running 8 seconds and a scoob running mid 9's with much more put into it?

excuses are for losers, not winners, with all due respect.

that car is a damn monster, but it took way more to get it there. the bad *** thing about having a 9 second scoob is saying that while evo's are doing it all over the place, only like 2-3 other scoobs are as fast as your scoob. being unique is definitely fun but if you're ultimate goal is to hit xxx time with either platform with xxx amount of dollars, then the sti is just the wrong one =\
I was referring to the AMS evo which we all know has plenty of money in it. I'm talking about Dynoflash which couldn't stop mentioning his one man army status after losing the heads up against BV. Thats the excuse I'm talking about.

Last edited by Blue04; Aug 30, 2006 at 08:58 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:48 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Blue04
Im not talking about the AMS evo which we all know has plenty of money in it. I'm talking about Dynoflash which couldn't stop mentioning his one man army status after losing the heads up against BV. Thats the excuse I'm talking about.

If you want to race my Evo with your STI - we can and . . . . . then you can make some xcuses why your car is so slow
Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
lol some people just dont get it.

i'd like to see a total invested number put into bigvalleys current setup and then see if its double what everyone with evo's has.
Money doesn't matter. Who has spent more has nothing to do with who should be faster. DSM guys use that argument against EVOs, muscle cars guys use that argument against EVOs. I laugh when I hear EVO guys use the argument against more expensive cars or builds.

You can build (or buy) a 9 second domestic car for under $10K.

Money is irrelevant in who could/should be faster.

EVOlutionary

Last edited by EVOlutionary; Aug 30, 2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
If you want to race my Evo with your STI - we can and . . . . . then you can make some xcuses why your car is so slow
Grow up man. Seriously, grow up.

Actually, we can race bro. I actually know how to lose and not cough up a single excuse

Last edited by Blue04; Aug 30, 2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Money doesn't matter. Who has spent more has nothing to do with who should be faster. DSM guys use that argument against EVOs, muscle cars guys use that argument against EVOs. I laugh wehn I hear EVO guys use the argument against more expensive cars or builds.

You can build (or buy) a 9 second car domestic for under $10K.

EVOlutionary
Agreed 100%, especially when talking about these 9 sec players.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Money doesn't matter. Who has spent more has nothing to do with who should be faster. DSM guys use that argument against EVOs, muscle cars guys use that argument against EVOs. I laugh when I hear EVO guys use the argument against more expensive cars or builds.

You can build (or buy) a 9 second domestic car for under $10K.

EVOlutionary
i'm pretty sure i specified "of either platform" (meaning evo or sti), with all due respect.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by 3000ways
ESX has so much money in it, it's not even a fair comparison. And there still slower than both Buschur and AMS
At the same time they have a drag car running 7.9@175. Like I said two different classes Comparing BV to AMS and Buschur.

Doesn't ESX run straight methanol?
Didn't AMS on the 8 second pass?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:27 PM

excuse for what? an evo8 running 8 seconds and a scoob running mid 9's with much more put into it?

excuses are for losers, not winners, with all due respect.

that car is a damn monster, but it took way more to get it there. the bad *** thing about having a 9 second scoob is saying that while evo's are doing it all over the place, only like 2-3 other scoobs are as fast as your scoob. being unique is definitely fun but if you're ultimate goal is to hit xxx time with either platform with xxx amount of dollars, then the sti is just the wrong one =\
I'm AMS didn't put much money into the car at all.

Much props for a very impressive car AMS has and the ones they builted. I'm no way taking a way from that.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Your right the STi/STI is no longer inadequate when you put twice the effort and money into the equation, sorry but Subarus have come a long way, but you still got a long way to go.
I'm not sure this is the case any longer. I think the investments needed to make a 9 second EVO or STi are much closer than you think (given equal weight of the cars, equal driver skill......). The flat four on the STi leads to some additional cost, but I bet in the end, the cost difference is less than 10%.

However, the Subaru is still palying catch up with just basic bolt-ons. A flash, exhaust and a MBC will get you 11s on pump with a decent driver in an 06 EVO. You can't do that in a Subby without loosing a bunch of wieght.

Last edited by robertrinaustin; Aug 30, 2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMS use fuel on 8's pass!!Shep run 7.9@181MPH on all boost,unibody!!