Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Motor mount vs. torque damper review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motor mount vs. torque damper review

I've been running the Ingalls torque damper for about a year now. I'll admit that it had immediately noticable results. SLIGHT vibration in the cabin at idle on the stiffest setting with improved shifting and less drivetrain lash feeling. I recently picked up the forge front motor mount/roll stopper. I must say that this(for almost 1/3 the price) was far more effective bringing only minor vibrations to the cabin. Lets get real though, this isn't exactly a Cadillac, its an Evo. The vibration is one of the things I see most people asking about but I'm telling you its nothing you wont be able to ignore after a few hours driving. The car feels so much smoother now shifting, on/off throttle jerks are almost gone, and response is increased. I'd highly recommend doing this install. If anyone local needs help installing the mount I have a press and a method I used that worked flawlessly for me. Hope this helped.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good information, but you'll want to clarify if you ran the toque dampener and the front motor mount at the same time or if you took off the torque dampener and just installed the motor mount.